• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Good job Sabre

nzFGG8X.gif

The Curse of Kazuo Umezu

Identifying Umezu -

WAAAAAAAAH
Shocked faces
AAAAAAAAUUUGH
Piercing, evil gazes
AAAAAAAAAAAH
Gore

Yep. It's Umezu.

Yet another thing Narag has gotten me to watch for little reason. This was 10x better then that God awful Gyo OVA, and enjoyable despite not being too scary or anything more then simple stories.

Chindogg

Prince of Stride - 1

Man this is colorful and gorgeous for parkour sports anime.

Ah it's Madhouse. So don't get my hopes up for season 2.

I have never hated a little anime girl more. Previous one was the one in the gif wrestling the bear. Also she has a neglectful mom if she allows her to go out in public with that hairdo.

Prince of Stride - 1

Man this is colorful and gorgeous for parkour sports anime.

Ah it's Madhouse. So don't get my hopes up for season 2.

I think its possible if it takes off among the key anime buying crowd for this type of anime, and that voice cast. Hopefully they have event ticket volumes. Multiple anime of otome properties have gotten 2nd+ seasons.

Quasar

Watched the start of the new Shannara anime. Was alright...much faster paced than I'm used to with fantasy (at least compared to GoT) and only really got that jarring MTV/CW sense in one scene. Not really used to seeing badass wizard types like this. And despite having read a couple of chapters of Sword of Shannara as a kid I was surprised by the post apocalyptic nature of the setting. Will watch more I think.

I guess with this, Expanse, the Magicians, Supergirl and the Flash I'm going to have less time for other anime. Which is a nice change as I've found bugger all to watch the last few years.

Cornbread78

Phantom World ep.1
Ok, that wasn't that bad, y'all made it sound like it was complete garbage. I mean anyone that has watched High School of the Dead has seen that boob trick before, lol. Really though, outside of that part it wasn't too bad. At least the little loli ghost familiar looking thing kicks his ass.

Phantom World ep.1
Ok, that wasn't that bad, y'all made it sound like it was complete garbage. I mean anyone that has watched High School of the Dead has seen that boob trick before, lol. Really though, outside of that part it wasn't too bad. At le as t the little loli ghost familiar looking thing kicks his ass.

Anime is either the next best thing or complete and utter shit. There is no in between.

Phantom World ep.1
Ok, that wasn't that bad, y'all made it sound like it was complete garbage. I mean anyone that has watched High School of the Dead has seen that boob trick before, lol. Really though, outside of that part it wasn't too bad. At le as t the little loli ghost familiar looking thing kicks his ass.
Speaking of High School of the Dead. I'm pretty sure that was one of the first animes I watched lol. What a great show to start off with!

Watched the start of the new Shannara anime. Was alright...much faster paced than I'm used to with fantasy (at least compared to GoT) and only really got that jarring MTV/CW sense in one scene. Not really used to seeing badass wizard types like this. And despite having read a couple of chapters of Sword of Shannara as a kid I was surprised by the post apocalyptic nature of the setting. Will watch more I think.

I guess with this, Expanse, the Magicians, Supergirl and the Flash I'm going to have less time for other anime. Which is a nice change as I've found bugger all to watch the last few years.
Please watch limitless. Mike & Ike are canon otp.

Hattori

Banned
The Curse of Kazuo Umezu

Identifying Umezu -

Yep. It's Umezu.

Yet another thing Narag has gotten me to watch for little reason. This was 10x better then that God awful Gyo OVA, and enjoyable despite not being too scary or anything more then simple stories.
the guy on the swing is pretty creepy though

Squishy3

Monogatari Second Season END

Kaikigatari was everything I wanted it to be and more. Probably still the best scene is in the beginning when Senjougahara spits out her drink upon seeing him. Also any interactions between Yotsugi and Kaiki. Now to take a break from Monogatari for awhile.

Rainy

Banned
Phantom World 1

Didn't go in with high expectations, it's alright. OP and ED aren't that good. Show is really colorful and I find Reina's power quite interesting. I like Mai the best so far though.

Why does every protagonist in these LN adaptions look the exact same though, goddamn. Also lol at that limbo scene.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Phantom World 1

Didn't go in with high expectations, it's alright. OP and ED aren't that good. Show is really colorful and I find Reina's power quite interesting. I like Mai the best so far though.

Why does every protagonist in these LN adaptions look the exact same though, goddamn. Also lol at that limbo scene.

This is something that hit me while watching Kämpfer, just how samey Male MCs really are in anime.

Right when I was considering watching this, you've veered me right away from it.

You know what? I'll wait a few more episodes and see what impressions are like then. I want it to be good. If it's anything like Glasslip though, I won't bother.

Don't worry, Haruchika is adaption unlike Glasslip lol.

Exposing people to Glasslip should be a criminal offense.

It's like recommending Fractale to people.

Also, is anything starting tomorrow?

psWpQJB.png

Ah, gross. The transparency gave it a little depth clip in the GAF gap. :p I'll fix it one day, I guess.

kWXbFh2.png

Better, too lazy to add proper shading. It was a fun concept. Good job, team. Everyone did a fine job. Somethings just aren't meant to be. For fuck's sake, it's 2AM go home, you're all drunk,

Jaxec

Phantom World 1

I thought the reason for this was because the girls are the selling point of harem/rom-com light novels, so how the MC looks won't really matter. I remember reading somewhere that LNs with male character only covers were rare (I could mistaken). It could also explain why most LN harem/rom-com MCs have characters that can literally be summed up as just nice guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom