• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The sombrero is a cactus AND it has giant cactuses growing out of it.

I cannot sing the praises of Tequila Gundam enough.

He's a half cactus wearing a sombrero and poncho.

tequila-gundam.jpg

Everyday I ask myself why I haven't watched this. The fact some Japanese made a gundam and put a sombrero on it is enough reason to know the love and care that went into this.

Also obligatory:

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu gave me all the hilarious high school hijinks I could have asked for!

Does School Rumble have an episode where a pacifistic rugby team gets boot-camped into a troop of soldiers by the MC?

Well, kind of? See S2 Ep02 impressions. You surely aren't missing out on average school events taking a turn for the extreme. A recent episode I watched featured one of the best theater play performances I've seen in anime :d

I kinda wonder how similar the two actually are. Might check out Full Mental Panic Fumoffu after all... Do I have to watch anything beforehand for characterization etc., or could I just start with that?

That said. Our interests are basically mutually exclusive...

Puruzi

Banned
g gundam sucks like all gundam

I have never fully watched a gundam show, because robots are for nerds, except for Gurren

jbug617

Banned
Phantom World 1

Okay first episode. No holding back on the fan service with Mai.

Best Girl Rating:
Sensei
Izumi
Ruru
Mai
Red Head

phaze

G Gundam is nothing like those lame other Gundam shows, has the best OST of the entire Gundam franchise, and that's why it's the best Gundam show.

Also it has a has a 100% legit conclusive and good ending.

If you don't like the usual Gundam shows you should watch G Gundam.

Also phaze, you like Gunbuster/Diebuster and TTGL. I'd say you're much guaranteed to like G Gundam too.
Wait how did this turn out into a shilling campaign aimed at me? Can i retort with Shigurui adverts?

Also corection, i'm only fond of the latter half or even last two episodes of Gunbuster. The first three can die in fire!

G Gundam is a show where Mexico's space colony is a giant Sombrero.
Wow. Racist, preemptively dropped.

Show by Rock END

This was a really satisfying ending to a surprisingly well-done show. I'm not sure where they're going to go for season 2, but hopefully it'll be at the same quality level.

Andrew J.

Phantom World 01

Wow, that was somehow even lewder than I expected.

At least it's not taking itself too seriously yet; hopefully it'll remain fun and stupid without getting dragged down by poor melodrama like Beyond the Boundary.

Puruzi

Banned
but that one thing you like is indebted to the genre in general tho, why ignore those influences???

Honestly, I just like Gurren Lagann's style a WHOLE bunch. I would've liked it more if they just fought normally and didn't use robots.

I kinda wonder how similar the two actually are. Might check out Full Mental Panic Fumoffu after all... Do I have to watch anything beforehand for characterization etc., or could I just start with that?

You don't particularly need to see the original in order to really like Fumoffu, but it'd definitely help. The first season of FMP is definitely the weakest, though.

All you really need to know is that Sousuke Sagara is a super-serious military soldier boy who's been transferred to a high school (with no modern high school experience) to protect Kaname Chidori, who constantly gets annoyed by the crazy extremes he goes to to protect her in every situation.

The entirety of Fumoffu consists of those kinds of antics with absolutely no mecha action IIRC. It's hilarious.

EDIT: Also watch it dubbed.

Chindogg

Everyday I ask myself why I haven't watched this. The fact some Japanese made a gundam and put a sombrero on it is enough reason to know the love and care that went into this.

You think that's great? Check out Gundam Maxter (USA.)

latest

Football mode (for armor.)

latest

Boxing mode (for power.)

Not pictured: his Colt Peacemaker Revolver and flying Surfboard (I'm not joking.)

BUT THERE'S MORE!

Here's a pic of the Gundam Maxter pilot, Chibodee Crockett.

chibodee_gals_by_kitsuneorenjii.jpg

LEAVE IT TO AMERICA TO HAVE A COCKY PILOT WITH HIS OWN HAREM OF "MANAGERS."

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The only time Canada will ever get representation in a mecha anime:

gf13-037nca.jpg

Lumber Gundam, piloted by...

Davidavidson+rolled+image+fukkin+hobos+_a302e9156263f0ac5e4cacef5aa8e60a.jpg

Andrew GRAHAM

Chindogg

Can we please have a conversation on the fucking greatness that is G Gundam?

BEHOLD NEO RUSSIA'S BOLT GUNDAM PILOTED BY A POLITICAL PRISONER

latest

NOTICE THAT SICK FUCKING USHANKA

Nah son, that scream for Kiyoshi and the pure hate he pours out when he summons the sword and with the greatest Gundam summoning song ever is just pure greatness.

Well to be fair, Shining Finger you could say is far better dubbed.

Burning Finger on the other hand is way better in Japanese.

BAAAAAAKUNETS GOD-OH! FINGAAAAAAA! HEEEAAATO END!

Yamishibai S2 01

A pretty weird episode to start out with, and this time the ghost didn't horrifically kill someone! The perks of being in front of a live audience.

I still can't get over Hatsune Miku being the ED of a horror anime.

The reactions to Haruchika elsewhere are another stark reminder of how homophobic the anime community can be.

Sadly, that's unsurprising. Remember when Free was announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom