• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erased 1

I think I've seen this before...

Oh yeah!

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 1

2016 anime doesn't start until Precure says it does. Time to Go away from the province of royalty into the world of magic. Op is good. They're starting off fast. Mirai reminds me of Megumi the most. Well if they have to emulate this type for the seventh time that's not a bad choice. Riko is great. She's going to be the star easily. Not very good at this whole secrecy thing though. Though it looks like they'll be public figures this time. Riko half-succeeds with her magic, which is a good starting point. I like the villain's visuals. Mirai has some good instincts. I think I'll like her. Riko hasn't yet figured out that friendship is magic. Transformation is just kind of okay. Though seeing how they did it without any prompting was pretty cool. They both seem to have some good instincts, seeing how they seemed to be in a daze when they The ending was beautiful.

We've got an interesting premise, likable characters, and a strong sense of fun. Great first episode. I've got hopes for this one.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've watched 45 episodes of Hunter x Hunter the last two days, I'm hooked.
I sadly had to neglect my decision to watch gintama at the same time.

ViciousDS

Banned
After finishing Hunter x Hunter.....I seriously could have stopped once I found out about how the king/chimera saga was going to end....
honestly, they could have found a better way to finish off the king. Also that last 10 episodes or whatever it was after that where Gon is in the hospital......bore. Even the final episode of climbing the tree to ging. It all felt so dragged at this point and I didn't even care.

At least everything leading up to the end was fucking amazing. The Hunter exam, tournament tower, learning nen, the spiders....you can't dismiss those first 100 episodes because the pacing was great and it was fantastic to watch.

Edited a spoiler as I just noticed a poster above is at the best part and hasn't finished.

Narag

After finishing Hunter x Hunter....

Thought the show found its footing again starting with the Gon vs Neferpitou ep. Election arc was good because it wrapped up the Gon & Killua stories as Gon finally reached Ging and Killua found his own identity and stepped out of the shadow of the Zoldyck family.

ViciousDS

Banned
Thought the show found its footing again starting with the Gon vs Neferpitou ep. Election arc was good because it wrapped up the Gon & Killua stories as Gon finally reached Ging and Killua found his own identity and stepped out of the shadow of the Zoldyck family.

It still took 4 episodes for......30 seconds of destruction lol.....that saga got dragged. But the king being brought back to die of Poison.....as come on!!!! Should have ended better.

Ojii-san to Marshmallow 5

I bet she had been saving that "my breasts are marshmallows" gag for a bit now.

S E K-K O BOYS SEKKO 5

Poor Mars. Always the bad boy, that lady killer.

Grimgar - 05

Yeh that was painful to get through. Time to finally drop this. My hopes concerning the story or general writing were, admittedly as expected, foolish and other than being somewhat pretty to look at, there's nothing left here. The directing is so damn flawed that I'm worrying for Mouryou no Hako of which I've seen 2 episodes that were decent but mostly for the visuals as well.

That they actually put this kind of 'huehue, it looks like she's giving him a blowjob' misunderstanding after what's supposed to be this important, cathartic moment...smh.

Itoshi no Muco 18

This week's episode tackled two common subjects of pet owners. Vet visits and cutting the freaking nails lol.

The former I got lucky because my dog loves people so much he doesn't care if he's in a vet office as long as people are sweet and nice to him. In fact he's very well behaved when it comes to medical procedures such as shots/vaccines. Well, he behaves well in the sense he won't try to run away or bite, but he'll try to lick you if you put your face nearby. Unlike dogs closer to Muco.

But I will agree that trimming the nails is the worst experience ever. I don't think it's possible to make him associate nail trimming/sanding with treats, he's always uncomfortable and I have to fight him to hold still and not try to escape when I gotta do it.

Chimera Arc showed the many flaws of the writing and needed many more creative liberties taken to actually be good.
God Speed Killua having absolutely no role in the beatdown of the key enemies is one of the biggest mistakes in boys action story telling. Killua could have easily defeated the enemies in his way, why run away?

There is so much I would rewrite. Also the animes ending overall was atrocious.

ViciousDS

Banned
Chimera Arc showed the many flaws of the writing and needed many more creative liberties taken to actually be good.
God Speed Killua having absolutely no role in the beatdown of the key enemies is one of the biggest mistakes in boys action story telling. Killua could have easily defeated the enemies in his way, why run away?

There is so much I would rewrite. Also the animes ending overall was atrocious.

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that it was bad!!!

King vs chairman - yes
Gon vs...destroying Pitou - fuck yes

How the king dies...nah that felt like an easy out.

I thought it was pretty beautiful and fitting. HxH has lots of great moments subverting battle shonen points.
The extremely powerful big bad doesn't go out in a massive and epic fight, he easily wins the battle but ultimately succumbs to the treacherous power of human ingenuity. He doesn't even die in a fight, he dies an extremely human death lying in the arms of someone he loves.

It's the kind of twist for Pitou. All this time spent building up to an all out brawl, and when it happens its more like a massacre so one sided you actually feel sorry for Pitou. It's a moment of humanization for these characters portrayed as total monsters, yet still fall victim to humans.

Line_HTX

Please Tell Me, Gyaruko-chan 04-05

This is seriously the best short I've seen in a long while. Best way to kill 8 minutes continues to be the best.

Oh my Dayyum, her older sister is living the good life! So bold too... O////O

LOL at Gyaruko's morning face while the alarm clock is still ringing.

Line_HTX

GATE 15

This started out terribly awkward, but progressively got somewhat better. There's no easy way to deal with Tuka's psyche.

Glad to see that old General is in happy spirits and giving Itami a good pep talk.

Can we finally get back to focusing the attention on Rory killing things with her giant axe please?

Grimgar of Fantasy ad Ash 5

This show is really growing on me. Went from "Oh, another mmorpg-like show" to "Wow, this is pretty endearing". Just watching the group bond after the turmoil is enjoyable to watch. I felt like it was really well written and believable. The group was already not really well connected, and then when that happened, they didn't know how to deal with it since that was nearly the only person who kept the group together.

Grimgar - 05

Yeh that was painful to get through. Time to finally drop this. My hopes concerning the story or general writing were, admittedly as expected, foolish and other than being somewhat pretty to look at, there's nothing left here. The directing is so damn flawed that I'm worrying for Mouryou no Hako of which I've seen 2 episodes that were decent but mostly for the visuals as well.

That they actually put this kind of 'huehue, it looks like she's giving him a blowjob' misunderstanding after what's supposed to be this important, cathartic moment...smh.

I haven't seen any of Grimgar, but Mouryou no Hako is very good and well directed.

Erased 05

Fuck me I was dying at the chocolate scene. I can only imagine the conversation that lead to the divorce.

"Did you steal the chocolate?"

"No honey I swear"

"I don't know what to believe in anymore. But this marriage was built on a throne of lies. Of chocolate-flavored lies"

"Please don't leave me I didn't do it"

"You must think I'm coo coo for cocoa puffs to believe that"

It wasn't by any means a horrible episode as some said, it just had some really silly shit happen that kind of brought down the level of writing that we had been experiencing so far. The
jump back into the future
was a bit expected considering the OP, but I guess that now the show will rely on at least
one more jump into the past
and then back.

Line_HTX

Coo coo for Cocoa Puffs... Oh my God, dying...

Chocolate candy bar is serious business. If I can't get my Reese Sticks I'm gonna flip something.

:p

Erased 05

Fuck me I was dying at the chocolate scene. I can only imagine the conversation that lead to the divorce.

"Did you steal the chocolate?"

"No honey I swear"

"I don't know what to believe in anymore. But this marriage was built on a throne of lies. Of chocolate-flavored lies"

"Please don't leave me I didn't do it"

"You must think I'm coo coo for cocoa puffs to believe that"

24xaozf.png

I just imagine that the wife was Hotaru, so it makes sense again... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom