• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Dat Marvel influence.

bIHuHNa.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 18

Right, well then, this felt like very much a transnational episode into the next arc, not really much more to be said really.

So I'm really curious on which Production Studio is going to be animating Gravity Rush.

From the recent news it seems like a very good studio will animate it in 2016. I really hope they animate the transversal portions really well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dimension W Episode 5:

Good god damn this series is going to be just a series of migraines because dealing with extra-dimensional stories is even worse then time travel tales

Dimension W 05

^Green eye dude had the single best shot of any show airing this season.

Holy fuck this episode was so good from start to finish.
Mira using her logic and pure willpower to overcome the 'illusion' and return to the present along with figuring out how everything happened.

Enamori's near death being caused by something so stupid yet the more I thought about it the more it makes sense. I mean people do die like that in the most simple of ways. Who would guess that the person you sent off trying to save them, would slip, fall and crack their head open? Fuck. Ghost dude's plan was so fucking stupid in hindsight, but he went full delusional and decided to stick with a world that he could preserve his lady friend rather than one where she and everyone else including himself are gone. I also enjoyed the fact Kyoma was cold as ice right at the end telling the guy he was going to hell, not heaven, for killing himself.

Cornbread78

5 for the original series, 1 for the OVA and 5 more for season 2.

I must have watched S2, which had the locker, the banana & cream, sister x Amane, etc. .

Utawarerumono ep.18
Pacing, what is it? What a weird jump from last week's reveal. I guess maybe they are trying to ship Haku x Kouen finally in their own way, but what was that last drinking scene before she
appeared in the morning after being gone all that time
Well, Haku must face his fears immediately and go right to
war again
such a lucky dude, lol.

Grimgar 5

Hah hah, poking where it hurts.

And so typical MC, pride > practicality, even if that gold coin could have bought better weapons and armor and avoid having a new casualty. Stupid shit like that makes me hope another one is killed.

Also, too much angst in the last minutes, in the end he died at episode 4, we still didn't know him too well. It would be different if it was someone who died on episode 10.

Grimgar 05

Az179uK.jpg

That friend who's hardcore and started the same time as you in the game.

Mary is the exact type of healer this fucking group needs. A take no shit kinda healer who isn't going to do dumb shit or deal with a tank who can't hold hate. MC is a dumb fuck for not taking that gold piece. Fuck your pride you need fucking money, if he had told MC to suck his dick for it I would have expected the MC to do it.

Grimgar 5

Hah hah, poking where it hurts.

And so typical MC, pride > practicality, even if that gold coin could have bought better weapons and armor and avoid having a new casualty. Stupid shit like that makes me hope another one is killed.

Also, too much angst in the last minutes, in the end he died at episode 4, we still didn't know him too well. It would be different if it was someone who died on episode 10.

Yeah, I mean who cared about Mami?

Iron Blood Orphans 18

I was half expecting that commander lady to go "HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO" fully disappointed she didn't. Mikazuki confirmed getting both girls, fuck choosing just one. Blood he dropped Char-wannabe's charade though since any idiot should have been able to figure out who he was.

Watch Heavy Object for all your Ohohoho~ needs.

Her name is even Ohohoho!

Utawarerumono 18

Over these few weeks, I've really grown fond of the OP and ED's of this show, I think it's a very solid set of four songs all things considered.

The scene at the end of this episode was cute, but as a whole it was kinda unremarkable compared to the developments we got last episode.

Grimgar 05

Mary is the exact type of healer this fucking group needs. A take no shit kinda healer who isn't going to do dumb shit or deal with a tank who can't hold hate.

Yep, it's interesting because we have only seen their biased perspective. "She is an ass", basically. They even complain saying in the bar "why won't she cooperate?". uhh, she isn't cooperating because your ideas and tactics are awful, why would she want to cooperate with them. They believe her is the problem, instead of themselves. They don't understand their dear Manato could be a good friend, but he was as bad as them.

Ascheroth

Dimension W - 05

This was cool. I'm all for some crazy supernatural looking sci-fi shenanigans, and I really wonder how else dimension Ws effects will manifest.
Also, Loser was actually involved in this arc, ha.

Grimgar - 05

Man are they incompetent.
Getting annoyed at Mary because she's doing her job as a healer? How about learning the basics some time?
You don't try to make a priest double as a tank. A Priest isn't supposed to heal every little 1hp woth of cut, magic usually doesn't come for free.

And man, MC pride. Just take the gold, buy youself better equipment so that you can be more efficient and pay it back if it bothers you that much.

This probably sounds harsh, but I actually liked this episode (just a tad too much angst for me).

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 18

Not bad Kudelia. PR always was the weakness of these official organizations. Hah at Mika recognizing Macky instantly. Always the observant one. And caring in his own way to Kudelia and Atra.

Cornbread78

Dimension W ep.5
Well that was something. I guess it answers a bunch of questions from last week, but it was really weird. Good stuff over all though. Just confused a to why Mira is always used for fanservice.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom