• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimgar episode 5

I guess there must've been a decent passage of time for them to be this close already where they won't stop moping for days at a time over a
dead party member
. But it's a bit silly they'd be suffering THIS much unless it was a long time friend. I also love how they have little excuse now to be this shitty, they're just an inept group of losers because the group of people who started alongside them is making it motherfucking rain and when they
gave them that gold piece
it ultimately came from a good place but of course pride cometh before the fall Mr. Fucking Eddard Stark we all know how Pride has always been useful. I mean it DID have the positive outcome of Haru
talking to the girls and crying with Yume
but they could have used to secure lodging for a while, get better training, and probably get better equipped.

I"m still enjoying the show but I do have one complaint, stop 'teasing' a relationship between Haru and Yume if it isn't going to happen. It seems a bit mean spirited towards shippers lol, when it ultimately looks like they'll just remain close friends.

Cornbread78

Grimgar ep.5
I'm not sure what to think after that episode. On one hand, the character relationships are being built, but on the other hand, Mary is not an interesting addition to the party. She’s a straight up lazy douche.

Grimgar ep.5
I'm not sure what to think after that episode. On one hand, the character relationships are being built, but on the other hand, Mary is not an interesting addition to the party. She’s a straight up lazy douche.

No she's not, she's just not taking their bullshit because she's not part of any of it and just wants a party, but at the same time these guys have really bad habits in combat that they didn't consider because they were more interested in being friends than being an effective party with proper tactics. I like her, maybe she'll get them to stop being so... well shitty.

Dragon Ball Super 30

7HFz0as.jpg

the return of Krillin's shirt

Exalted

I wouldn't mind watching a show about the other group in Grimgar, they seem far more interesting.

Grimgar ep.5

Mary is not lazy, they asked her to go fight goblins with her staff as a priest, luckily she is smart enough to know that is crazy to do as a priest, unlike the previous guy. Also knows not to waste mana.

Jarmel

Banned
It's infuriating watching Grimgar because of how incompetent the group is. It would be like watching a stream of some idiot playing Dark Souls and failing at the most basic of functions and strategies. Actually that might be more entertaining as the idiot probably wouldn't be crying the entire stream.

It's just such a scrubby group. It's five episodes in and I haven't seen anything approaching an actual strategy from them.

Ascheroth

Grimgar ep.5

Nah, Mary is just actually competent and the losers can't deal with that. She knows her shit and isn't gong to have any of their terribly shitty plans.

See a better show would have killed off the entire cast and started fresh with a new group.

I still hope they all die off one after the other (except Mary, she's okay) and it was just a long prelude to the sequel that features the actual main characters, the goblins, having to survive against the hardcore gamer party.

It's infuriating watching Grimgar because of how incompetent the group is. It would be like watching a stream of some idiot playing Dark Souls and failing at the most basic of functions and strategies. Actually that might be more entertaining as the idiot probably wouldn't be crying the entire stream.

It's just such a scrubby group. It's five episodes in and I haven't seen anything approaching an actual strategy from them.

I mean they've grown a bit more competent with their roles, but what bothers me is that it doesn't take a leader to talk out decisions.

Like Yume being the hunter. Her latest skill acquisition was a dagger skill because she wanted to be more useful in close combat. That is stupid. The group should have told her "We already have a sword wielder, a dagger wielding and a broadsword dude, we need range motherfuckers". But to not hurt her feelings or whatever they let her do it. The mage seems to be competent but her reliablity is entirely dependent on her not being a shy puppy which is ruining her usefulness.

At this point I'd save up the money for living expenses and focus on training and their group dynamic/strategies. Because they're totally inept atm. And the funny thing is with proper leadership and someone with common sense they'd come up with basic strategies that would be enough.

Aka the rogue/thief and the hunter scout (which they already do) keeping completely quiet. The hunter goes back and gets the rest of the team, telling them good positions for them and to move quietly. If the've already discussed what the dynamics are alongside strategies depending on groups they could know that whoever the dagger dude goes for he get backup from another of the two more useful melee builds, while the third (probably the regular sword dude) gets back up from the bow and magic users with communication being exchanged all of the time. The priest would hang nearby and wait for any wound that needs healing, then moves forward with back up from someone.

Ascheroth

I mean they've grown a bit more competent with their roles, but what bothers me is that it doesn't take a leader to talk out decisions.

Like Yume being the hunter. Her latest skill acquisition was a dagger skill because she wanted to be more useful in close combat. That is stupid. The group should have told her "We already have a sword wielder, a dagger wielding and a broadsword dude, we need range motherfuckers". But to not hurt her feelings or whatever they let her do it. The mage seems to be competent but her reliablity is entirely dependent on her not being a shy puppy which is ruining her usefulness.

At this point I'd save up the money for living expenses and focus on training and their group dynamic/strategies. Because they're totally inept atm. And the funny thing is with proper leadership and someone with common sense they'd come up with basic strategies that would be enough.

Aka the rogue/thief and the hunter scout (which they already do) keeping completely quiet. The hunter goes back and gets the rest of the team, telling them good positions for them and to move quietly. If the've already discussed what the dynamics are alongside strategies depending on groups they could know that whoever the dagger dude goes for he get backup from another of the two more useful melee builds, while the third (probably the regular sword dude) gets back up from the bow and magic users with communication being exchanged all of the time. The priest would hang nearby and wait for any wound that needs healing, then moves forward with back up from someone.

It makes me wonder how they didn't even get a basic crash course on roles and tactics from their respective guilds and that Volunteer Soldier association.

Then again, they probably figured that common sense would be enough for a start and the rest comes with experience and no one would be dumb enough to use a priest as a second tank.

pbayne

Nurse Witch Komugi 5

I could listen to these characters just talk random bullshit for an entire episode. Bravo whoever wrote the dialogue for this show, so many times where I stopped thinking "wtf did she just say."
Tsukasa still the best. Her tea party reminded me of Cartman in South Park. She looks like she's gonna Komugi at some point.

Precure 2-3

The villains in this show are certainly special. Fighting hoovers and flying basketball, im excepting them to fight a fridge or something next.
Also in what universe is Pisard attractive?

Know what this episode did accomplish? It made me
hate Manato in hindsight just for how fucking much they mentioned him this episode. I think Kolbe mentioned last episode that it was nice how the show didn't dwell on the death too long or s.th. akin to that.
And then another episode is wasted on this shit when the pacing has been on the slow side to begin with. That would be fine if the characterization was good but for that we'd actually require well written characters and dialouge.

Cornbread78

LOL @ the Mary defense force. She was way too standoffish, regardless of party competency. Go ahead, praise her bitchybess, she can be a pretend tsundere, perfect for LN writing.

Steins Gate ep.4
Well, they somehow found the old
computer they needed for hacking/decoding
From the "shrine maiden" plus Christina is back, still waiting for her angle to show up.

LOL @ the Mary defense force. She was way too standoffish, regardless of party competency. Go ahead, praise her bitchybess, she can be a pretend tsundere, perfect for LN writing.

Why does she need to be friends with the scrubs that
got her predecessor killed
? They need to learn a lesson, not be coddled.

kewlmyc

Konosuba 1-5

Way more charming than I anticipated. I like how they're all incompetent, it's refreshing. I'm glad it's not taking itself seriously like every other reincarnation story I've seen has done.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Grimgar 5
New party member get.
Glad she throw that truth bomb right off the bat. Party is a mess. It's a miracle Manato manage to keep them alive for so long. Haruhiko and Yume scene feel so awkward...

Cornbread78

ONE OF US.

Indeed, welcome to the party..

oh, i thought Konosuba and Grimgar were the same show up until today.

shows how much attention I pay to stuff I'm not watching

Time to fix that buddy. Go watch Konosuba.

Steins Gate ep.5
Well,
Stern really is the evil organization
figured the jelly state would come back, but that was a little harsh. Oh, and yeah, he is a freakin' weirdo.

Koyomimonogatari 05

Good old Kaiki was in this one, so it was great.

Haikyuu!! S2 18

This may have just been one of the best matches in this entire season. I was at the edge of my seat from start to finish. What a close match! Last scene with Enoshita was so goddamn powerful.

Aki-at

Carried by the Wind: Tsukikage Ran - 1

I just randomly stumbled upon this and already enjoy the action scenes in it. No real narrative behind it but the fight scenes are all well animated with a bit of humour. Hopefully the animation keeps up in the following episodes but has that feel of late 90s Madhouse animation.

duckroll

Garo: Divine Flame Movie

Seems like Leon might be rocking a new beard in this and looking like his father somewhat.

itshappening.jpg

The tweet is actually 4 days old and it says they're in the process of editing a new trailer which will be released "shortly" so hopefully it's released soon!!!!!

Principate

Saint Titanfall
After Crimson Moon, I need the Garo movie to be good.

I need it guys.

Yeah too true, I feel i this movie actually has a decent budget we may get some surprising good fight scenes out of this. I felt felt with this series at least when they actually had the budget and put the effort into it, the choregraphy was surprisingly good.

itshappening.jpg

The tweet is actually 4 days old and it says they're in the process of editing a new trailer which will be released "shortly" so hopefully it's released soon!!!!!

Can't wait, I like his new coat, his old one always felt aesthically odd, and ill-fitting outside of the fact it looked more like traditional Garo coats.

cj_iwakura

Short Peace

Funny how I thought these would be fun, optimistic films, but apart from the first, they were all pretty depressing.

My favorite was probably the second, although it just kind of ends. The last one reminded me a lot of Planetarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom