• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Vitriol K-On! gets still astounds me given how inoffensive it is. Aside from those "WHY ARE THEY JUST EATING CAKE AND NOT PRACTICING BAND MORE I THOUGHT THIS WAS MUSIC ANIME" morons which are just funny.

Hasn't everyone forgotten about the hyperbolic time chamber?

It's broken or some shit. When you invent dumbass stuff like Senzu Beans, Dragon Balls or the Hyperbolic Time Chamber you need to come up with excuses why they don't work in every scenario.

Finally, good smut.

I stopped reading it but it's like a shonen series where people fight with butts. Someone does that Gate of Babylon thing from FSN, but instead of swords its butts.

Maybe I should pick Keijo back up

I'm 4 episodes into Haibane Renmei and I'm not sure if I "get" this show or not. It does seem to be building up to something with how everyone just accepts everything about the situation without giving it any second thought. It is a rather unique show though, don't think I've ever watched anything so calm.

I do intend to finish it because I find it interesting nonetheless.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gensou No Grimgar ep. 1 & 2

Kinda nice so far, taking a different look at what appears to be regular people thrown into a fantasy world.

I'll spoiler as I suspect something...

I'm not usually right with these things but someone is going to die aren't they? I can feel it, Heal priest or one of the girls I bet...

Just T

Bubuki Buranki: 5

I didn’t like this one. The switching between the fight, the past (which I won’t even get into), and Azuma’s side of things felt messy. I’m also still not feeling the paired up buranki battle rules. The ending was a bit surprising though.

Keijo is amazing! It follows the shounen formula, but with butts and tits, and yet works perfectly! There are legit strategies involving weight shifting, muscle manipulation, etc. A recent match has a character
stimulating her nipples until they're hard so she can use them to latch onto another character's bathing suit, halting her assault.

It's right up there with Prison School in the "lewd with value beyond lewd" category.

Russ T

Banned
Hasn't everyone forgotten about the hyperbolic time chamber?

I feel like Gohan could use that right about now.

It's broken or some shit. When you invent dumbass stuff like Senzu Beans, Dragon Balls or the Hyperbolic Time Chamber you need to come up with excuses why they don't work in every scenario.

Mentioend in the latest episode. It was broken during Buu saga (Piccolo blew up the exit from the inside, trying to trap Buu), but Dende just finished repairing it. Vegeta and Goku are going to use it.

Mentioend in the latest episode. It was broken during Buu saga (Piccolo blew up the exit from the inside, trying to trap Buu), but Dende just finished repairing it. Vegeta and Goku are going to use it.

Yeah. But theres also something about at the level they are already at, simple training will hardly increase their power. Which I guess will be the new excuse for why they don't use it all the time.

ibyea

Banned
Concrete Revolutio 13

Great way to do a mid-series climax. I liked how all the various stories from the season were tied together into a big event that brought to the fore both the thematic issues the show has been dealing with as well as the big narrative event it's been teasing (what caused Jiro to split from the Bureau). For some of the rumblings I've heard about this show being something of a mess, it actually seems rather tightly written and planned to me, at least up to this point. We'll see where the second season goes. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, the very last shot is super cool looking.

I personally thought the finale was a mess it wasn't very good, but I really liked the rest of the show, and the timelines aren't confusing at all because I think they make it quiet clear what time period you are in. I also look forward to the second season.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Vitriol K-On! gets still astounds me given how inoffensive it is. Aside from those "WHY ARE THEY JUST EATING CAKE AND NOT PRACTICING BAND MORE I THOUGHT THIS WAS MUSIC ANIME" morons which are just funny.

It is a valid criticism nonetheless also K-On! has the SAO problem of being popular and influential which is why we have been dealing with an army of dullish clones for the past 5 or so years.

It is a valid criticism nonetheless also K-On! has the SAO problem of being popular and influential which is why we have been dealing with an army of dullish clones for the past 5 or so years.

Like...what? People say K-on clones all the time but what does that even mean?

Upotte? Sabagebu? Euphonium?

Like I can see the SAO clone argument because a lot of LNs are samey and cover a lot of common ground but with K-ON I think people are just attached to the cute girls doing cute things meme

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If only KyoAni influenced the industry to not be so ugly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My favorite Kuon clone.
WHi7vqA.png

Jintor

keijo is way too ugly to be compared to prison school.

i realise prison school is deliberately intended to walk this hideous line between 'god-awful disgusting' and 'jizz in my pants', but to me the entire thing comes across like a horror manga.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Like...what? People say K-on clones all the time but what does that even mean?

Upotte? Sabagebu? Euphonium?

Like I can see the SAO clone argument because a lot of LNs are samey and cover a lot of common ground but with K-ON I think people are just attached to the cute girls doing cute things meme

While K-On! certainly was not the progenitor of the idea of cute girls doing cute things it very much is the modern template.

While K-On! certainly was not the progenitor of the idea of cute girls doing cute things it very much is the modern template.

I don't really see that either. What you do have is endless LNs that are all the same thing like Bahamut, Asterix War and Calvary or just plain forgettable garbage like Absolute Duo and thats what people should really be dumping on and not K-ON

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I don't really see that either. What you do have is endless LNs that are all the same thing like Bahamut, Asterix War and Calvary or just plain forgettable garbage like Absolute Duo and thats what people should really be dumping on and not K-ON

Probably not going to happen, some don't like the genre or the artstyle or the fact that it sells itself as a band show and then decides to not be about the band and so on and so forth.

Quasar

I wouldn't consider them SAO clones though. Those are mostly magical/fighting school shows if you generalize them to death.

There's probably more of them than 'trapped in a MMO' shows which SAO popularised or repopularised.

I wouldn't consider them SAO clones though. Those are mostly magical/fighting school shows if you generalize them to death.

There's probably more of them than 'trapped in a MMO' shows which SAO popularised or repopularised.

I wasn't saying those were SAO clones, but it may have come across as that. I think the magical fighting harem school LNs are the real copycat genre.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gensou No Grimgar ep. 1 & 2

Kinda nice so far, taking a different look at what appears to be regular people thrown into a fantasy world.

I'll spoiler as I suspect something...

I'm not usually right with these things but someone is going to die aren't they? I can feel it, Heal priest or one of the girls I bet...

Welp.

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Manga Gets TV Anime This Year
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...o-kemari-manga-gets-tv-anime-this-year/.98443

The "heartwarming fantasy" manga takes place in the "udon prefecture" of Kagawa. The series follows Sōta Tawara, a 30-year-old man who was the son of an udon shop owner who has passed away. Sōta goes back to his hometown, but finds a lost child inside his father's old shop who acts somewhat strangely. As Sōta is taking care of him, the child, named Poko, suddenly grows ears and a tail. The manga follows the human Sōta and the tanuki Poko as they start to live together, meet and connect with others, and grow. The manga's first chapter is available for free online.

Ok someone in here gonna love this i think.

Line_HTX

I am so NOT looking forward to Phantom World 6.

I tried Dagashi Kashi again

Garbage.

Ehh, I'm only enjoying it for knowing what kind of snacks exist. Other than that, I find myself reaching the halfway point and stopping for a break before continuing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom