• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
sekko boys 5

sekkoboys5.jpg

More light novels at least.

Yeah but more Novels means more chance of a sequel!!!!!

Just T

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu: 5

Another great episode, this season continues to deliver. I’m not sure what Kasane’s endgame is but I’m intrigued every time she’s on screen, got Celty all the way riled up .I also thought Varona’s introspection throughout the episode was pretty good, don’t think it’s too late for her like she seems to think. And the scene with Shizuo and the horse trying to accommodate him was funny lol. Wonder what will come from this Anri and Saki conversation next episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 182:

I don't think I will ever get used to the fact that there is actual episode to episode continuity in this season beyond the bridging of the arcs. Speaking of which, a new day has arrived in Juban District and the next phase of battle has begun as we are introduced to two new lieutenants Sailor Aluminum Siren and Sailor Lead Crow to pick up the grand plan. Indeed they pick up exactly where shit was left off by enacting the typical plan of targeting random people because we have an episode count to fill. At least they provide an interesting dynamic which is more then I can say for Sailor Iron Mouse who was a bit on the bland side. We are also introduced to a new character, the truly awfully named Chibi-Chibi whom gained that named because she take like a Pokemon most of the time, more on her later. Also, this is a truly rarefied occasion as Sailor Pluto gets actual screen time and it seems like she has been hanging out with her teammates a smidgen too much as she adopt their particular brand of paranoia.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Only anime I could consider a bit of a K-On clone is Kokoro Connect, but only in terms of the art style.

The world would be a more just place if it really were one full of K-On clones.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 183:

Wow, I haven't seen an episode this pointless since the dark days of Super S. The creative teams seems to have gotten bored and tried to combine Sailor Moon with Friday the Thirteenth and that works about as well as you would expect and we don't even have the satisfaction of having Uasgi or Rei chainsawed in half.

Maho Girls Precure! 01

Time to give another precure series a shot. Well it certainly has one of the better OPs and ED themes I've seen for precure in a while. Hopefully Mofu isn't the only mascot character.

phaze

I still can't believe Francesca Lucchini was voiced by Chiwa.

Blows my mind every time.

wut

Perrine by Sawashiro is also quite crazy. Like the only time who she voices the worst girl in the entire franchise.
chairmanthumbsupn5s6v.png

Ahh gotcha so there's more to this series than I thought. The discussion here is on The Animation, and this new season that is out now I assume. I like me a good fantasy show, and the fact that it is set in Europe back in the medieval times like you said really makes me want to check it out. Now the question is, is it good?
No.
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/696563513364340736

Keijo anime, stolen from Soma in the manga thread

It's about a sport where girls hit each other with their butts. Zach be on the lookout for this one.
lol Can't wait for GoB.

Dimension 5

This episode was either a convoluted, nonsensical mess or just 2deep4me. Warrants a rewatch.

Szadek

Arslan Senki - Ep. 19
After the last arc, that felt a bit like pointless filler, the story is finally back on track.
The show got a bit better lately and the fight scenes are better,too.
I also like Falangies new outfit, It's not a big change, but the old one just tried way too hard to be sexy.
The most side characters feel a bit pointless, though. Outside of the fight scenes, they really aren't doing anything.
Hopefully they will get a bit more screen time at some point.

pbayne

I've said I wanted a sports anime with girls but I didn't mean butt fights.

Im waiting for modern Attack No.1 aka give the girls team in Haikyuu their own spin-off. Think about it, their an even bigger underdog story than the guys team because they're supposed to be absolutely terrible and never practice. Then they get inspired by Hinata and co, start putting the effort in and boom spin-off achieved.

Plus we can get more scenes of the girls captain and Daichi flirting.

Who's with me on this?

891e6cbc5d0365c6682f35bab72174701405287215_full.jpg

Qurupeke

Dimension W 5

So many wtf moments. It totally turned out differently than what I expected.
His past self killed his future self...
This Dimension W really seems like a weird place. Creating ghosts and possibilities... The biggest twist though was the identity of that bat girl.

I personally thought the finale was a mess it wasn't very good, but I really liked the rest of the show, and the timelines aren't confusing at all because I think they make it quiet clear what time period you are in. I also look forward to the second season.

What part of the finale did you feel was a mess? It had so many strong connections with the rest of the show, and certainly wasn't nonsensical at any point. If there's any part of Concrete Revolutio that's messy, I'd say it's Jaguar. I liked his character focus episode in itself, but his story has little connection with the rest of the series and indeed stands outside it in a way.
Time travel is inherently messy too, especially when you've got the same guy living the same time period in three different forms with opposed goals.
I wonder if the second season will do anything to bring his story into the orbit of the rest of the series or leave him as a background character.

i realise prison school is deliberately intended to walk this hideous line between 'god-awful disgusting' and 'jizz in my pants', but to me the entire thing comes across like a horror manga.

The anime feels that way but I think the manga art looks much more appealing in general and has a different vibe at times because of it.

All that kissing near the 'medusa' scene for instance looked mostly just disgusting in the anime whereas in the manga these kind of scenes usually look equally or more erotic making for a more "I don't know what to think" experience, which I much prefer.

Cornbread78

Grimgar 05:
Ship it.

Show's actually been growing on me so far.

Yup, this was step one. At least it was done tastefully,
until the last second, at leasy
but this is an LN, so purple hair girl and Mary will be tripping over each other for the D son enough as well since the MC has taken his throne as the "leader" now.

That Rakugo ED is so good. My favorite this season, though I haven't watched nearly all of 'em yet. Erased is good, too, of course.

Really? It fits with the atmosphere of the show - a nice slow jazz instrumental piece, illustrations that show off the time period - but it's as simple as EDs get. It's too simple to rank among my favorite ED sequences, not as interesting as Hatakeyama's EDs for Sankarea and Rozen Maiden, or as interesting as the EDs this season for Haikyuu, Dimension W, or Prince of Stride Alternative.

Szadek

Arslan Senki - Ep. 20
The mini twisted this episode felt a bit unnecessary, but whatever.
Beisdes that, it was a good episode with some really nice development for Arslan.

Really? It fits with the atmosphere of the show - a nice slow jazz instrumental piece, illustrations that show off the time period - but it's as simple as EDs get. It's too simple to rank among my favorite ED sequences, not as interesting as Hatakeyama's EDs for Sankarea and Rozen Maiden, or as interesting as the EDs this season for Haikyuu, Dimension W, or Prince of Stride Alternative.

I sorta appreciate it's simplicity and it just feels like such a good fit to the show. I especially like the slow pan out at the end, showing some of the major characters (I imagine this bit would be altered when we return to the current time). It also feels a bit more unique.

That said, I haven't seen any of the other shows and EDs you mentioned so, my statement was kinda pointless.

5vLX0hc.png

Haikyuu 18

Man, that game awesome. So much good moments and clutch plays, I love it. Especially when that song started playing at the final point.

Fumbling your service at the final moments is so relatable lol, all that pressure gets to you at some point.

Majin Bone - 6-7

So using a Majin also partially bone crushes the user. Huh, I wonder how that's going to play out. I feel like those kinds of attacks are going to be a regular thing, so both the enemy and heroes relying on double-edged sword techniques like that should be interesting.

That and they look awesome.

Ace of the Diamond Second Season Episode 44 – The Best Fastball
tumblr_o28ce4kz7M1qe7wb7o3_540.gif

The first minute was incredible, HaruichiKuramochi senpai best duo, wow.

Great game over all, I wanted more Osu Osu Osu sawamura style though. I love when the crowd does it.

Quick question, probably off topic.

What is the anime character with the giant round stone head that looks like a derp version of the moon from Majora's Mask?

ibyea

Banned
What part of the finale did you feel was a mess? It had so many strong connections with the rest of the show, and certainly wasn't nonsensical at any point. If there's any part of Concrete Revolutio that's messy, I'd say it's Jaguar. I liked his character focus episode in itself, but his story has little connection with the rest of the series and indeed stands outside it in a way.
Time travel is inherently messy too, especially when you've got the same guy living the same time period in three different forms with opposed goals.
I wonder if the second season will do anything to bring his story into the orbit of the rest of the series or leave him as a background character.

I don't remember the specifics of my criticisms, but it just felt very rushed, and the part where they help Jiro at the end was unearned. And I don't think they did the stuff surrounding Kikko very well either. It's not garbage, but I remember I felt let down by it.

JulianImp

Dimension 5

This episode was either a convoluted, nonsensical mess or just 2deep4me. Warrants a rewatch.

Really? To me it was just technobabble fiction stuff about the super coil creating an alternate reality, and its inhabitants somehow deciding to go and murder people on the other side. Mostly exploring how weird and dangerous coils and the dimension W they derive their power from can actually be.

I still can't say I like the way the show handles Mira, since she has some serious and/or heartwarming moments, but there's also some weird sexualization of this robot that looks like a young girl that certainly creeps me out a bit. It isn't that I can't stand this kind of fanservice in general, but it feels really out of place in Dimension W.

I'm curious, has the female lead in Stride done anything other than ask what stride is (so the audience can figure it out) and cry about how boys can trust each other?

Has she done anything else?

Chindogg

I'm curious, has the female lead in Stride done anything other than ask what stride is (so the audience can figure it out) and cry about how boys can trust each other?

Not really. Prince of Stride's based on an otome game so she's basically the blank slate MC.

Actually, she is the blank slate MC. In the game she could end up with any of the guys, including some from other Stride clubs.

That's really lame. I mean, I get it's based on otome game, but the show would be a lot more interesting if she was competing too.

I agree. I'm a sucker for romance so I was hoping to get something from her that at least one other character can interact. Like the managers in Haikyuu!

Not really. Prince of Stride's based on an otome game so she's basically the blank slate MC.

Actually, she is the blank slate MC. In the game she could end up with any of the guys, including some from other Stride clubs.

That's really lame. I mean, I get it's based on otome game, but the show would be a lot more interesting if she was competing too.

I haven't watched the last episode, but she's basically scenery for most of the show. She just stands around and says nothing for long periods. Maybe she had some semblance of a character come through via the game's narration, but she's emptier than most self-insert characters in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom