• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

I'll probably watch Boku no Hero Academia in spring since I heard so much about it. Don't know what else.

Haven't watched Jojo part 3 yet.

Now that I'm done with Maria the Virgin Witch wondering what next.

Flying Witch?

21284-VWsoeIBr8yC2.jpg

The story follows the 15-year-old witch Makoto Kowata and the other boys and girls in her daily life. With her black cat Chito, the somewhat aimless girl moved from Yokohama to live with her second cousin at Aomori in verdant northern Japan.

Flying Witch

Exalted

For me there is really nothing that i'm really anticipating in spring season, but i plan to at least try the folowing series;

-Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
-Bungou Stray Dogs
-Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends
-Flying Witch
-Kuromukuro
-Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
-Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Macross Δ

FWIW (re: finding the first episode uninteresting), I think a lot of people who hype up One Punch Man do it solely for the animation and comedy aspects, but to me one of the best things is the subtle underlying character development - specifically Saitama's slow change from a lonely and depressed individual who is struggling to find meaning in life.

Basically what I'm saying is people like it for the wrong reasons. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Not to say that will automatically make you like it if you were turned off by certain aspects, but it's always kind of sad when people don't acknowledge the best part of One Punch Man.

I'm kind of this way. I absolutely love the action, animation, direction, music, etc, but the character interactions and development are definitely up there with why I love the series. If I was just in it for the eye candy, I wouldn't be caught up with ONE's version.

I can appreciate Mob and OPM for different things, but I do find myself gravitating more toward OPM's more subtle character development as opposed to Mob's more detailed development.

Also, the comedy does almost nothing for me in OPM with the possible exception of "okay". It's not what I read/watch the series for.

It's honestly not rare for someone to like one but not the other. For instance I vastly prefer the characters of Mob than OPM since the latter are completely one dimensional other than Saitama. Also majority of the time Mob doesn't focus on action like OPM which is nonstop action.

I prefer Mob a lot and don't find OPM all that entertaining. It's probably because the comedy runs dry very quickly.

The recent arcs of Mob have been all action with like a 2-5 chapter cooldown between arcs. It's pretty much a straight-up standard shounen at this point.

As for whether the characters are one-dimensional or not, I find that amusing since I would say most characters in Mob other than Reigen, Mob, Ritsu and the most recent villain are one-dimensional.

We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

Garo 4-5

Plot continues to thicken as we learn more about the knights. I also like where the story is going with the prince. He's totally gonna kick ass soon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Worth watching:
Boku no Hero Academia
Phoenix Wright
Diamond is not Crash
Sakamoto
Luluco

Pro-Japanese Propaganda
Joker Game said:
In 1937, before World War II begins in earnest. Lieutenant Colonel Yuuki of the Imperial Japanese Army forms the "D Agency," an army intelligence outfit under his command and tutelage.

jacknod.gif
Shounen Maid said:
Then Madoka makes another offer to Chihiro: that he comes to live with him, but in exchange Chihiro will do the housework. Chihiro accepts this deal, but suddenly finds himself in a maid uniform.

Pedo shotacon shit
Super Lovers said:
A high school boy named Haru and his mother are living overseas. His mother orders him to take care of and "civilize" his adoptive brother Ren, a wild young boy who dislikes talking with other people. While their relationship is adversarial at first, they grow closer as they begin to understand one another.

Bootleg Koufuku
Pan de Peace! said:
The 4koma centers around Minami, an airheaded girl who is starting high school and who loves eating bread for breakfast. Baked goods bring happiness everyday to her and her classmates — the reliable Yuu, the pastry-baking Fuyumi, and the independent Noa.

Bootleg Hyouka
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge said:
Tanaka who is a high school student simply is a slacker and does not want to do anything at all. He loves to sleep during classes and prefers not moving to save energy. One day he meets his classmate, Ota who is exactly the opposite. Ota is energetic and leader in class.

Post apocalyptic magic abilities trash
Big Order said:
10 years ago a child wished for the destruction of the world. Now a Group of people has the ability which grants their wishes depending on their power. They are called "Order User".

Silver haired heroine magic abilities trash
Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu said:
In the story, Subaru Natsuki is an ordinary high school student who is lost in an alternate world, where he is rescued by a beautiful, silver-haired girl.

Alien invasion magic abilities trash
Hundred said:
The story begins with the Hundred, the only weapon that can counter the mysterious Savage life form attacking Earth. To become a Slayer (master of military arts) who wields this Hundred, the main character Hayato Kisaragi successfully enrolls in the marine academy city ship Little Garden. However …

Hollow earth trash
Endride said:
One day, Shun Asanaga — an ordinary yet positive and bright 15-year-old middle school boy who lived in the "Land Above" — lands in this place. He had discovered a mysterious crystal at his scientific businessman father's company, and the moment he touched the crystal, he was transported to Endra.

Idol trash
Gekidol said:
A multimedia project that will combine stage theater, anime, and idols.

Sequel to Shouta's favorite anime
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2 said:
Second season of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.

MMO ad campaign
Onigiri said:
The MMORPG Onigiri thrusts its players into mystical Japan, a land filled with mythical creatures of Japanese legend. Starting as a lone Oni, players fight against the malevolent influence of the Kamikui as their miasma spreads over the land.

MMO light novel trash
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? said:
The story centers on Hideki Nishimura, a young man who confessed to a person he thought was a girl online, only for that person to turn out to be a boy. He keeps this "black history" secret and swears to never to trust a "girl" online again. However, one day a girl online confesses to him, and it turns out she's actually a beautiful girl named Ako Tamaki.

Bootleg pokemon Digimon
Kamiwaza Wanda said:
The story is set in a world where every event has been turned into programs, and mysterious monsters known as "Promin" maintain the world.

Remember when Magi was good? Me neither
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken said:
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken

Goragisu derashisu dekaruchara
Macross &#916 said:
Macross Δ (Macross Delta) is set eight years after the events of "Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nihao Nyan".

Alternate dimension magic abilities trash
Sousei no Onmyouji said:
Rokuro dreams of becoming anything but an exorcist! Then mysterious Benio turns up. The pair are dubbed the "Twin Star Exorcists" and learn they are fated to marry...
Can Rokuro escape both fates?

When Rokuro's best friend Ryogo goes missing, Rokuro is forced to ask Benio for help to enter Magano, the realm of the evil Kegare, to rescue him!

Adult visual novel trash
Wagamama High Spec said:
The visual novel's story revolves around Kouki Narumi, a high school student who also draws a manga serialized in a weekly magazine. Because the manga he draws is a risqué romantic comedy, he keeps this fact a secret from everyone around him, with his younger sister Toa and his best friend Mihiro being the only ones who know.

The fuck?
Kiznaiver said:
The fictional Japanese city named Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city's population is decreasing. One day, Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: "You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver." The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his. The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.

The fuck 2? Return of fuck
As the world is in the middle of an industrial revolution, a monster appears that cannot be defeated unless its heart, which is protected by a layer of iron, is pierced. By infecting humans with its bite, the monster can create aggressive and undead creatures known as Kabane. On the island Hinomoto, located in the far east, people have built stations to shelter themselves from these creatures. People access the station, as well as transport wares between them, with the help of a locomotive running on steam, called Hayajiro. Ikoma, a boy who lives in the Aragane station and helps to build Hayajiro, creates his own weapon called Tsuranukizutsu in order to defeat the creatures.

2spooky4me
"In despair over the real world ... wanting to escape the tedious daily life … wanting to restart your life from scratch …"

The bus headed deep into the mountains, carrying 30 people each harboring their own expectations and wounds in their hearts…

Wait a damn minute! When the hell did Big Order get announced? How have I not heard about this!?

People who like the guy's earlier work, Mirai Nikki should watch it. Will be fun!

sonicmj1

Haly didn't post the full Hundred description, which establishes it as Spring season's mandatory generic "boy in magic high school" light novel anime adaptation.

Hundred said:
"I wanted to meet you, Hayato!!"
"W–who are you…?"

Hayato feels a strange yet familiar sense of incongruity towards Charles Emil Crossford, his roommate who somehow knows him from somewhere. On top of that, as soon as he enters the school, he is challenged to a duel by the "Queen" (the school's most powerful Slayer) Claire Harvey!

The promo art that Anichart is using features the main character and four girls.

Narag

Haly didn't post the full Hundred description, which establishes it as Spring season's mandatory generic "boy in magic high school" light novel anime adaptation.

The promo art that Anichart is using features the main character and four girls.

Finally something to fill my empty watch list.

Next season is about Crimson Moon being over.

Also I decided to watch Dennou Coil. Partially because I heard it was really good, but mainly because LOOK AT THIS DOG!

densuke.jpg

YEAH!

blurr

Netgame no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? (And you thought there is never a girl online?)

is that silica?

almost literal translation of the title: you didn't think your wife in the online game was a girl irl?

damn, dude was bamboozled

Mailbox

Noragami Aragoto

That was some damn quality anime.
Just what I needed to get myself back into the swing of watching anime in bulk.

:3

also, you can't have a post credit huge twist at the very last minute like that without having a sequel season.

Ascheroth

Nothing has me really excited for spring season so far, but I'll find 1 or 2 eventually.

You're crazy, there are like 20 shows I want to check out at least.
I'll most likely drop half of them after some episodes, but still.
Spring is packed.

I don't think it's absurd to say ONE's intentionally sketchy art style has less wide appeal than the well done, but more standard Murata art style. Hopefully people will keep an open mind and try it anyway, but I've definitely seen people on Twitter and elsewhere say it's a turn-off.

As much as I like OPM with Murata designs and its glorious action sequences, the Mob Psycho PV looks visually superior on every level.
But yeah, it's going to be a turn off for many :/

fertygo

GATE - 17

Holy shit that's damn good.. I'm gladly buying the propaganda/bias and yell GO NIPPON willfully cause they made anime about killing dragon with rocket launcher and jet missile.

don't worry guys Macross delta will singlehandedly save 2016!. just got to hold out a little bit longer until spring for the space idol deculture goodness!

Aki-at

The show I'm looking forward to most in Spring other than JoJo is Kuma Miko, a talking bear is enough to get my interest piqued.

Not sure about Joker Game (Mainly iffy about how pro it might be about the Japanese army) or Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (I'm not really interested in Attack of Titan and this is giving me the same vibes) but I'll pick both up and see if they gel with me.

Cornbread78

Bakuon!!:
Synopsis:
The story revolves around high school girls who discover the appeal of motorcycles. Sakura Hane is a high school student who looks a little bit like an airhead. On the way to her all-female high school one day, she is worn-out climbing a hilly road with a bicycle, but she sees a girl named Onsa Amano who is riding a motorcycle. Sakura immediately becomes interested in motorcycles, and she and Onsa join the motorcycle club at the school. Then, Sakura sets out to get her license.

Is this a yuri story? What's the draw here?

Qurupeke

Gintama 309

Man, these episodes are just so good.
I can't wait for the Fruit Chinpo Samurai and Fruit Punch Samurai prison escape, it will be comedy gold.

brawly

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 1-3

1323193182266978449.gif

Watched a couple of pilot eps on my crunchyroll watchlist and dropped a lot of them, but this one was good.
Hikki is a man after my own heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom