• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

I felt that it had a pretty conflicting tone - the experience with relaxing moments and with high octane action moments cancel each other out leaving a hollow feeling while watching. "Hey, do you want get my heart racing or slowing down watching your show?"

If I try to look at individual scenes(in each episode), it's actually not bad in terms of the experience.

I can at least confirm that the source material is legit good.

I was interested based on the little I knew about it, good to know. Now to see if the adaptation is good too.

The Manga is good, though director of this show is a hit and miss guy, so who knows.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsushi_Sakurabi

So yeah it boils down to whether the adaptation is gonna be good or not. I'll give it a shot.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 1-3

1323193182266978449.gif

Watched a couple of pilot eps on my crunchyroll watchlist and dropped a lot of them, but this one was good.
Hikki is a man after my own heart.

Everyone should watch SNAFU

Phatmac

Shit hit the fan after our new Shogun went crazy at the club. I was so happy Gintoki finally hit that fucker. I hope there's no sad backstory for him since he serves the role of guy we hate perfectly. Looks like Zura is finally out of standby as he tries to help Kondo. The Kagura/Okita shippers are gonna love their scene together this week. Laughed hard when Sasaki took a pic of the Shogun.

Szadek

Assassination Classroom - Ep 1-3
Not really felling this one. The first episode was pretty boring and the assassination attempts aren't really interesting, because they always fail instantaneously.
I guess the best thing the anime has going for it are the characters, but I'm not if that is enough to keep me watching all the way through.

Plastic Memories- Ep 1
This was better than I thought it would be. The character are all as generic as they come, but the premise is kind of cool.
I like it so far, but it could easily fall falt on it's face in the coming episodes.

Your Lie in April - Ep 1
Well, this got dark really quickly. It certainly got my attention, but I need a few more episode to figure out where this anime is going.

Log Horizon - S2 Ep 1
First impression: My god this looks like shit. Even with that in mind, it still was a reakky great episode and now they going raiding.
Can't wait to see that.

Shirobako - Ep 1
Even though not that much was happening, it was still pretty exciting.
I heard many good things about this show, but I though it might take a while to get really started, but this was a good way to start the series.

Also, I finished the first 175 episodes of Fairly Tale and start watching the 2014 series.
Since the break was in the middle of an arc, I will wait till the GmG arc is over before making a longer post about the series.
Right now I just want to say that I really like the new op.

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this. I've never been a big anime fan but I'd like to get into it.

What are some good ones you would suggest? I would like some series that have a finished story arc so I can watch them from the beginning to the end.

I read through the OP but this seems overwhelming and I don't know what to expect from them.

Also, where can I watch them? I have netflix if that helps.

Aki-at

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this. I've never been a big anime fan but I'd like to get into it.

What are some good ones you would suggest? I would like some series that have a finished story arc so I can watch them from the beginning to the end.

I read through the OP but this seems overwhelming and I don't know what to expect from them.

What type of genres are you interested in first of all and does art style matter?

phaze

Crunchyroll.com and Funimation.com are the two biggest sites these days. Netflix has quite a few as well so it would be a decent place to start.

Anything you're particularly interested ? Action, drama, comedy ? It's bit hard to recommend more than just broad list without knowing your preferences. See if any of those tickle your fancy. (See also rec lists by: Turin Turambar and Jexhius)
House of Five Leaves
Fate/Zero
Kyousougiga
FLCL
Shigurui
Serial Experiments Lain
Mawaru Penguindrum
Gurren Lagann
Gunbuster + (especially)Diebuster
Texhnolyze
Steins;Gate
Mononoke
Dennou Coil
Tatami Galaxy
Madoka Magica
Shin Sekai Yori
Mushishi
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Space Dandy
Aku no Hana

Of those I'd probably singly out Fate/Zero, FLCL, Mononoke and Space Dandy as the most approachable. F/Z is on netflix andif you are ok with a bit gory and depressing stuff, you should like it well enough. Just bare with the first over talky episode.

Edit: FMA: Brotherhood is another, common but good entry point that is also available on Netflix IIRC. (~64 episodes though).

Gurren Lagann
Madoka Magica
Eureka Seven

All are available on Netflix.

brawly

Death Note is on Netflix, watch Death Note.

Aki-at

Thought this would also get you upto speed with what the general GAF community thinks are good shows, anime of the year awards from 2011 - 2015.

Qurupeke

People have already recommended a lot of them, but I highly suggest to try Gurren Lagann, Death Note, Madoka Magica and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Should be easy to get into and they're enjoyable, each one for their own reason. Not sure what you like or don't like though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One should also say where they are watching from seeing as not all shows are available in every region.

Also Mitsudomoe.

People have already recommended a lot of them, but I highly suggest to try Gurren Lagann, Death Note, Madoka Magica and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Should be easy to get into and they're enjoyable, each one for their own reason. Not sure what you like or don't like though.

BroHood isnt being removed?

I always found netflix as a not good source for anime since stuff is always expiring.

What type of genres are you interested in first of all and does art style matter?

The only animes I have watched were Dragonball, Pokemon, Cardcaptor Sakura and Evangelion, though I barely remember any of them.

I guess I like combat, but I'm open to pretty much everything. Gore and depressing stuff doesn't bother me too much.

Art style, anything but stuff like Doraemon. (nothing against it, I just don't like the way it looks).

Jarmel

Banned
Big Order is kinda weird. I read through what's translated of the manga and the OVA. I was planning on writing about the OVA as it is the trippiest shit possible. It reminded me of Kurozuka and not in a positive way.

The manga itself is much more straight forward and definitely has elements from Mirai Nikki. The main character is better but the concept is pretty JoJo-ish with being able to essentially summoning Stands/Big Orders.

I'll put it this way, the main character caused a low level apocalypse event when he was 10 and is later blackmailed by a group of villains (although that point is now debatable) into helping conquer the world.

Gvitor

Yeah, I'm also quite shocked by all the overreactions. I found it to be a mostly good episode and everyone here trashed on the episode.

But then again, I just watched Grimgar 04 and liked it. Went back to read the comments and welp, Erased all over again.

Is this week's Erased episode going to be outsourced, too? Can faintly recall that someone said it's 2 episodes but not sure. Hope the series will return to former strength in regards to directing at least. Story will remain somewhat tarnished though thanks to last week :/

Yeah, I'm also quite shocked by all the overreactions. I found it to be a mostly good episode and everyone here trashed on the episode.

But then again, I just watched Grimgar 04 and liked it. Went back to read the comments and welp, Erased all over again.

It's not like a lot people watch Grimgar here so there always that few people complaining.
Tough i also notice some of them said "dropped" at few weeks ago, but then when new episodes is out they come back to watch and review and say "yup, dropped" again!? wonder what are they thinking.

The main complain is fan service which is a plus point part anyway, so not really care them lol.

TUSR

Banned
Is this week's Erased episode going to be outsourced, too? Can faintly recall that someone said it's 2 episodes but not sure. Hope the series will return to former strength in regards to directing at least. Story will remain somewhat tarnished though thanks to last week :/
This episode and next.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AnimeTrending is literally the VG​Chartz of anime. I've yet to see them get a single ranking correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom