• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Are you guys being legit about Konosuba or is this one of those "it's so trashy and bad it's funny" gags this thread sometimes does. I'm like 99% certain it's a bit. But that 1% makes me ask anyway.
Legit. Just make sure your expectation in check.the fanservice is there, animation is spotty right from the get go, but boy the joke is hilarious.

Russ T

Banned
Would I lie to you Russ T?

Yes, I do believe you would!

It's definitely a bit trashy but it's also pretty hilarious in a legit fashion. I'm not ironically enjoying the show.

Sounds fair enough to me! Maybe I'll give it a shot. I need more comedy in my life. Hopefully I like it.

Yep, we're all just fucking with you. That's it.

I didn't say fucking with me. I didn't say fucking with anybody! I only asked because that is actually something that has happened before, where people watch every episode of a bad anime (usually LN) and just laugh at how bad it is. It wasn't clear to me whether or not Konosuba was one of them!

EDIT: Damn way more positive responses than I expected. THIS BETTER BE GOOD OR ELSE.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
While I'm impressed that Konosuba doesn't take itself seriously and is actually an entertaining comedy without falling to usual harem anime tropes (most of the time anyway), the one thing about it that does bother me is the setting.

It's so painfully generic fantasy. I understand that that's pretty much the point of the show, to make fun of those kinds of stories with similar settings, but it still remains the world the characters live in and thus they always bring up the same things I've heard in other generic fantasy shows so many times.

Here's the guilds, here's the big castle, here's the jobs and classes, here's the monsters in the big-open field, put all your points into this to level up that, etc. It all feels so unimaginative and boring.
The whole point is the familiarity of the setting, and how the show expects to play around with those ideas. On top of that, the series is doing what it can to push a certain mundanity that drags on the characters. They're transported to this fantasy land expecting to lead a life of adventure, but mostly find themselves stuck doing what amounts to menial labor.

So we sorta have 6 mods in a anime OT. I don't know if it's good or bad.

Duckroll
Shouta isn't gonna be hanging out here anymore, or so he says
Xia if they stick around
MHWilliams if they stick around
Xander Cage but I think they only watch Dagashi.
Dresden???

at times it feels reassuring to have red names here anyway

Puruzi

Banned
Duckroll
Xia if they stick around
Dresden???

Dresden isn't a mod anymore iirc

Defuser

Duckroll
Xia if they stick around
Dresden???

Dresden isn't a mod anymore IIRC. Shouta has always been manga gaf. Kagari mostly on gaming side,not to sure of Besada. When you think about it duckroll is always the last standing mod over the years. Duckroll protected and save us!!

Cornbread78

Let the purge begin. :p

Wait, six? So far I can count three.

It's the mods you don't see that hurt the most, lol.

Duckroll
Xia if they stick around
Dresden???

The Guardian angel's of doom.

Kagari peeks in once every 6-12 Mos or so, lol.

Busaiku

Dagashi Kashi

So Funimation decided to keep this more literal.
Thought they would've gone for a more localized approach with this, but that's ok.

Are you guys being legit about Konosuba or is this one of those "it's so trashy and bad it's funny" gags this thread sometimes does. I'm like 99% certain it's a bit. But that 1% makes me ask anyway.

It's a good, but unremarkable transported to another world comedy/parody. As far as LN adaptations go, it's absolutely one of the better ones. It helps that all the main characters pretty much hate and are constantly abusing each other.

I would say it's on the same level as Mondaiji.

Still can't unsee the goddamn reversed twin-tails though.

70RBAHkl.png

I have this idea in my head that when a mod gets demodded it's like being laid off/retiring, so they're given a severance package that includes 3 'get out of jail free' cards.

Duckroll
Xia if they stick around
Dresden???

I watch a lot of anime, but Dagashi is the only current one I'm following.

Jarmel

Banned
Phantom World-6

This was probably the best storyboarded episode of the series and there were some new pieces on the OST side that was good but ultimately this was a dull episode. It feels weird saying that despite how well directed the episode was visually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom