• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dresden was... ERASED.

You know Ellie we really are Winter Anime 2016 IOTI

And they say Tuesdays are slow...

JaEUaIe.gif

But seriously, thank goodness it is Thursday tomorrow.

Cornbread78

Phantom ep.6
Ok, I felt like I was transported into some shoujo magical girl anime. I literally didn't expect amy thing "cute" from this show, lie ever, but this episode was really tastefully done. Shocking, I know.....

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 10

I'm sorry to say this, but Nazuna is the weak link here. I like Chiaki Omigawa's normal voice that she uses for characters such as Hotori in Soremachi, and I respect that she's going for something different here, but it doesn't work out. Nazuna's voice feels like a really forced attempt to create a high-pitched "cutesy" voice. Combined with her shy, easily embarassed personality, which reminds me of Mio in K-ON S1, it makes her feel overly artificial compared with the rest of the Hidamari girls.

Been kinda slacking on LoGH but a lot of stuff I've been watchin (like Love Live) I'm watching while doing other stuff while playing Hearthstone, which I won't do for shows with more depth or dialogue in them. RIP

e_i

Dagashi Kashi episode 1 English dub

Not bad. The English VA capture's Hotaru's excitability perfectly...BUT, Hotaru, for some reason is pronounced Hotoru, not Hotaru (It's an 'a' in the middle of the word, not an 'o'). This reminds me of the Sakura being pronounced Sakora crap.

Finalow

Has AotY ever been accurately guessed at such an early stage in a show's life? (heck, most AotY predictions have been wrong even during the voting period) OPM if I recall, actually had a tepid reception upon its first showing.
no idea who guessed what, I called OPM aoty shortly after it was announced so I figured I might as well do the same with the next ONE's adaptation.
2 years in a row? Taking bets

No, it's definitely better.

Better background: Better layouts: Better colors. Better character designs. Better overall stylization. Better music. I haven't read either manga, but from people who have, Mob Psycho should have better writing too. It just looks like a superior product in every way.
what I meant is I didn't necessarily see that as better, more just as a different approach and style given the original source material, and don't get me wrong, I loved what I saw. for actual comparisons though I'd wait for MP100 to have at least a couple of episodes out, and possibly consider more than just the first episode of OPM. and I'd be amazed if the music is even better.
if you have some time the manga is definitely worth reading. as for writing/characters etc. OPM doesn't have Reigen in it, so I believe it automatically loses. (I do like the humor and overall writing in MP100 more)

Defuser

They take a few hours and I'm usually busy with work M-Th.

IIRC he posted in the manga thread that he wasn't getting a lot of meaningful discussion about the shows he was watching.
Who is gonna have a meaningful discussions about Rakudai and Asterisk? Sure we could have a meaningful discussion on how trash are they.

I didn't watch the gafcat show. Was it also yaoibait?

The lead is a pretty boy and there are other pretty boys he interacts with in a shoujo pretty boy kind of way.

what I meant is I didn't necessarily see that as better, more just as a different approach and style given the original source material,

Yes, in the sense that "bland and uninspired" and "creative and engaging" are two different approaches.

Cornbread78

So I finally finished Conception 2, got all the girls endings and even the harem ending trophy, good to get my 2D pimp on.

Now started Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth, and yeah, it's playable anime, lol.

Is HN even any good? Interesting battle system so far...

Oh and if you already e-filed your taxes to Uncle Sam and are waiting for money, check your accounts....

duckroll

You know, I just realized that with the Mob Psycho PV, we actually got actual animation for a non-Spring BONES show before we got animation in a PV for some of their actual Spring shows. Hero Academia I'm looking at you...

Majin Bone - 10

I really like how this episode demonstrates how mature Shougo's gotten over the course of ten episodes. In fact, I'm honestly really surprised at just how seriously this show takes itself, though not to a point where it's annoying.

Most kids sentai/game shows I've seen mostly just establish basic stuff in the first few episodes then it's all MOTW episodic, upbeat fun stuff until a climax, then rinse and repeat until the endgame.

But in Majin Bone, things have been established quite slowly, and it's doing a good job at letting the reality of the situation for Shougo's sink in. Nothing especially dark or over-the top has happened yet but I can feel the pressure and tension everyone else in the show is feeling, knowing that they can be attacked at any moment.

I gotta say, I really didn't expect this kind of drama from a show based off a children's card game of all things. Good stuff.

Dio

Banned
Programming idols. New Cinderella girl in Starlight Stage. Kinda reinforces what I've always thought about the Cinderella girls, 'the fat one,' 'the neet one' etc.

Izumi Ohishi likes to program! She is a part of a unit, New Wave, with two other idols who have yet to be released!

Programming idols. New Cinderella girl. Kinda reinforces what I've always thought about the Cinderella girls, 'the fat one,' 'the neet one' etc.

Pretty much. It's a gatcha mobile game with 100+ characters. Fwiw, the anime did a really good job with such a huge cast despite only using like a third

Programming idols. New Cinderella girl in Starlight Stage. Kinda reinforces what I've always thought about the Cinderella girls, 'the fat one,' 'the neet one' etc.

Let's be real, even the original 765 girls can be summed up by a gimmick. "The twins", "the poor one", "the rich tsundere", "the animal one", "the tomboy", "the shy one", etc.

blurr

There are animators who have strong connections with a particular studio but aren't necessarily working for that studio. For instance, Yoshimichi Kameda has a strong connection with Bones and frequently shows up on Bones productions such as FMA Brotherhood, No. 6, and the upcoming Mob Psycho 100. But there's nothing stopping him from working on productions on other studios as a freelancer, such as on Kill la Kill at Trigger, Parol's Future Island at Shin-Ei, and One Punch Man at Madhouse. Even if an animator is an employee at a particular studio, he may do a cut for a production at another studio without outsourcing being involved. For example, Akira Amemiya is a Trigger employee at the moment, but he was specifically asked to do a cut in the OP of Sore ga Seiyuu at Gonzo because of his mecha expertise.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom