• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ca5UOWgUkAAkQlU.jpg:large

Things woulda been different if I was there.

The Family Guy of anime huh...

Line_HTX

It seems like they kept many things intact, as opposed to the old days where they'd just rename everything.

I'm kind of hoping they sneak in a "Dangerously Cheesy" in there, but that might cause a problem, lol

kewlmyc

I checked out the dagashi dub.

Didn't think it was too bad, but it wasn't great.

It seems like an okay dub for an okay show.

A dub for a series that adversities candies only sold in Japanese. Sure why not.

Also sign me up for a poorly done localization dub, that sounds hilarious.

The Grimgar dicussion in here keep remind a show aired at few years ago, today i finally remember, it's like back when Mouretsu Pirates airing, people who love and hate about this show are keep growing with new episode at the same time.

Too bad i didn't have account at 2012 otherwise i 100% would join the discussion lol.

The Grimgar dicussion in here keep remind a show aired at few years ago, today i finally remember, it's like back when Mouretsu Pirates airing, people who love and hate about this show are keep growing with new episode at the same time.

Too bad i didn't have account at 2012 otherwise i 100% would join the discussion lol.

Mouretsu Pirates was nothing like Grimgar. It was actually an ok show that wasn't ripped apart anything like Grimgar has been.

Mouretsu Pirates was nothing like Grimgar. It was actually an ok show that wasn't ripped apart anything like Grimgar has been.

Both are above ok show since beginning.

Well we're talking this thread, not MAL. Mouretsu Pirates wasn't actively loathed like Grimgar.

The hate of Mouretsu Pirates in gaf was more than Grimgar, i even still vaguely remember the bunch of complain about how boring it is lol.
While Grimgar, some people in here hate it too, but that's more like a same group of people keep repeating.

Szadek

Snow White with the Red Hair - S2 Ep 5
Despite the annoying happit to kidnap Shirayuki, it's still a good show.
I really like how she affects the people around her and the new villains look interesting,too.

Log Horizon - S2 Ep 2
Oh god, this new girl is annoying. I hope she doesn't stay like this for long.
The rading starts next episode, that should be fun.
I also really like that they kept the same op theme, because it often hard to get used to a new OP.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who is gonna have a meaningful discussions about Rakudai and Asterisk?

We want meaningful conversation about Asterisk? OK, I'll help.

Can we all agree * (Asterisk) was clearly the better sub unit in Cinderella Girls. Focusing on New Generation was a really big mistake on the part of the show creators and really dragged the second half down when over 50% of the show was about them. First half was fine since each week we focused on a different sub group and their story so it seemed the show was trying to balance its large ensemble, but once that focus shifted almost full time to New Generation it was bland simply because the three members are bland. Did you know Rin is apparently the second most popular Cinderella Girls character? How? There's literally nothing interesting about her. This is a show noted for its one note characters, well New Generation's members have zero notes.

On the other hand * was interesting because it had something the rest of the show didn't, conflict. Such a simple element, but what it meant was there was a reason to watch their story since the audience could anticipate where the story was going, Miku and Riina would make up and become good friends. On the other hand with New Generation they had to invent reasons to watch them since the characters themselves didn't lead to anything and the results were basically just rehashes of storylines form the previous iM@S anime and movie (that whole get depressed and not turn up plot yawn).

And of course * was the group that had Miku, who was clearly one of the better character because she was more than one note, actually pushed the story forward (unlike Uzuki who held the story back by hogging a ridiculous amount of episodes), expressive and, most importantly, interesting to watch.

In conclusion, * > New Generation. Oh, for once that doesn't mean Asterisk. That's a wildcard. Anything really is better than New Generation.

We banned hazing new members with The List, but what about new mods? It's only fair that our occupiers are acquainted with the local culture before our ancestral lands are annexed into a foreign empire.
Yeah, the lack of Happy Science talk recently is disturbing.

Rakugo is a monocle show. Grimgar is a mustache show.

Was this how it worked?
To be honest, I've never known what it means. I think shows Jexius likes are known as coat shows

Branduil

KLK gets torn to shreds because it had the chance to do some ownage 70/80s style school delinquency thing (complete with the sukeban deka ED nod) and fucked it all up

Imaishi got so distracted with his lesbian incest rape perv fantasies that he forgot to make the action scenes good.

phaze

Soultaker 05

I'm not quite sure how it works in practice but Komugi is apparently both a cat and bunny ears girl ? Just putting it out there for any potentially interested parties.

Outside of the usual hilariousness, where the protagonists most powerful attack always, always needs to be preceded by screaming LIGHTNING BREAKER !, (paging Nintendoman) this episode not only doubled down on that by adding LIGHTNING CRUSHER !and DOUBLE LIGHTNING BREAKER ! to the repertoire, it also had the
"I'm your father !"
moment played at the precise moment when
said father
was impaling
his own son
on his own horn that happens to be sticking out of his forehead when
papa
is in his demon form. 12/10 episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom