• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Konosuba - 01

So I watched it.

I laughed multiple times. So that's good!

Definitely a lot of fanservice. You know, I get the kind of fanservice that's just, like, skimpy clothing and junk. I even get the weird boob-sock clothing all these women have.

But do people really find hyperbolic bouncing tits hot? It's just so unnatural and weird.

I actually really like the dynamic between Aqua and Kazuma. Also whoever's voicing Kazuma is perfect for the role. A+. Will watch more. Hope the other characters I see in the OP are as ridiculous.

I must mention that episode 1 is not even the best episode, the rest are funnier and have better character interactions. For me, episode 2 was what made me love it. :)

And agreed about fanservice. Some of it is there as a parody of MMORPGs, but I guess most of it is just there for the viewer... Personally, I don't really mind, but I can see why some people won't like it.

I really didn't trust Cornbread about it and I expected a less serious SAO, but this show proved to be a really big surprise this season.

Russ T

Banned
I would've liked it if Erased made it more clear how much Satoru knows or thinks to know about the Revival events. Currently he seems weirdly certain about
being likely send back once again
which isn't really explained. If he knows little then he should be more distraught about all this stuff in general.

Could just be desperation? I dunno nothing seems all that crazy out of character to me.

I must mention that episode 1 is not even the best episode, the rest are funnier and have better character interactions. For me, episode 2 was what made me love it. :)

And agreed about fanservice. Some of it is there as a parody of MMORPGs, but I guess most of it is just there for the viewer... Personally, I don't really mind, but I can see why some people won't like it.

I really didn't trust Cornbread about it and I expected a less serious SAO, but this show proved to be a really big surprise this season.

Yeah, that's good to hear! I started episode two last night but then I realized I was really tired so I went to sleep instead haha.

I can tolerate fanservice in a show like this. It's in a show like Grimgar, where it really undermines what the show is ostensibly trying to do, that it feels especially gross and out of place. Here, it doesn't bother me, because at least the show is being completely honest and upfront about what it is. I mean, I'd prefer it wasn't there, but it doesn't actively annoy me. I tolerate it.

Cornbread78

Konosuba - 01
So I watched it.
I laughed multiple times. So that's good!
Definitely a lot of fanservice. You know, I get the kind of fanservice that's just, like, skimpy clothing and junk. I even get the weird boob-sock clothing all these women have.
But do people really find hyperbolic bouncing tits hot? It's just so unnatural and weird.
I actually really like the dynamic between Aqua and Kazuma. Also whoever's voicing Kazuma is perfect for the role. A+. Will watch more. Hope the other characters I see in the OP are as ridiculous.

The other characters of "the party" are just as interesting as Aqua and Kazuma and their interactions have been great so far. Fanservice is fanservice for pandering reasons most of the time. There is really no need for it, but it's there so you can gawk at it, or just ignore it, lol. The comedy of the show is not affected one way or another from it.

It's comedical, stuff like that doesn't need to be "hot".

I even think all the "do people think [x] is hot?" remarks quite tiresome at some point.

Chindogg

Sometimes fanservice can be funny rather than just tantalizing.

Take Highschool DxD for example. Issei's reactions make the show that much funnier.

Russ T

Banned
It's comedical, stuff like that doesn't need to be "hot".

I even think all the "do people think [x] is hot?" remarks quite tiresome at some point.

It's a legitimate question, though. Bouncing tits aren't just there for laughs. It's there in so many different series, some of which aren't even comedy series. SOMEONE must find it arousing. I mean, I guarantee someone does. It's not even a question. It's just a fucking weird fetish.

Sometimes fanservice can be funny rather than just tantalizing.

Oh, yeah, I completely agree. That limbo gif from uh, what's it, phantom whatever? That's hilarious. Physical comedy is my jam.

(That's not the case in Konosuba, though.)

Finalow

Yes, in the sense that "bland and uninspired" and "creative and engaging" are two different approaches.
idk, what are you even judging here. the whole series? It definitely isn't. some background shots in the first episode? I guess. as I already wrote that to me doesn't seem strictly worse/bland just because it has a more greyish/realistic look to it.
whether you think it's bland or not, I wouldn't go as far as ''everything is better'' just by comparing 10 frames to one out of twelve episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tabi Machi Late Show END

Finally got the time to watch the final episode of this, there's not much to be said about this series as a whole, but I figured I'd just talk about it as it seemed a bit underlooked compared to some of the other short anime this season.

Overall, I'd say that this show is worth your wile. Even keeping in mind that some of the awkward scenes with a lot of movement can break your immersion it's still a set of four comfy shorts that feature some sweet moments about saying goodbye.

All things considered, your enjoyment of the show might be based on how much you can relate to some of the scenarios (or the general concept). But since the episodes are only eight minutes long there's no reason to not give it a go. Episode three definitely stands above the rest in my opinion, but the first episode was good as well.

This was a half season show? What's replacing it?

It's a legitimate question, though. Bouncing tits aren't just there for laughs. It's there in so many different series, some of which aren't even comedy series. SOMEONE must find it arousing. I mean, I guarantee someone does. It's not even a question. It's just a fucking weird fetish.

That's where you are missing the point of such staff like in KonoSuba.

You are totally not supposed to fap to scenes like when Aqua got out of the cage in the recent episode. I'm not even sure how is it possible to turn it into some fetish discussion.

Doesn't mean you aren't allowed to dislike it but such remarks which some people like to add in every second anime review appears they need to mention how totally mature they are.

Russ T

Banned
Yes, you definitely seem like a mature individual with your totally non-accusatory tone. I will acquiesce to your absolute and unending wisdom on this topic.

Cornbread78

That hurts, really hurts deep...
3M1vjD3.gif

Bully...

BTdZPmC.jpg

blurr

Aria the Natural 22

Wow, this was a particularly good episode. They introduced an alternate universe idea in the first half and showed a gender bent universe of Aria characters. It even had the same OP song with different lyrics.

The second half was a childhood story of Akatsuki, it was very adorable and funny.

tuffy

Aria the Natural 22

Wow, this was a particularly good episode. They introduced an alternate universe idea in the first half and showed a gender bent universe of Aria characters. It even had the same OP song with different lyrics.
I never quite got the effect they were hoping for with that one. Akari with a haircut and different outfit still looks pretty girly with pink hair. I wound up forgetting they were supposed to be guys now at one point.

Could just be desperation? I dunno nothing seems all that crazy out of character to me.

It's not crazy out of character but still something that feels halfhearted and confusing.

Desperation can explain it only to some degree. Especially when
he was stuck back in the past and couldn't have known 100% whether he'd actually just return or relive all of this (unless he knows more than made clear to the audience) he should've at least thought of this some. Not despair or anything but at least take it into consideration, considering he was stuck there for weeks and thus had time to dwell on it.

Russ T

Banned
It's not crazy out of character but still something that feels halfhearted and confusing.

Desperation can explain it only to some degree. Especially when
he was stuck back in the past and couldn't have known 100% whether he'd actually just return or relive all of this (unless he knows more than made clear to the audience) he should've at least thought of this some. Not despair or anything but at least take it into consideration, considering he was stuck there for weeks and thus had time to dwell on it.

Yeah. I basically agree with you, to be honest, but it's just one of those things I'm willing to let slide, I suppose.

Qurupeke

Welp, it's time.

Kabaneri of the iron fortress PV2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae33SmICsn0

So the girl transforms to zombie/has zombie powers. Okay, it's not even funny anymore, there are more similarities than differences with AoT.

Tbh, I really like how it looks and I like the setting but I have a bad feeling about it. It looks too good to live up to it. If it's better than AoT, I'll be happy though.

This is going to be 24 eps, right?

Hopefully there's another season because only 10 episodes is depressing.

Whaaaaaaat.

Ascheroth

Active Raid - 06

What's this, an episode about giant robots? I'll take it.

So in the Active Raid universe they actually developed giant robots, but they had to stop that because of fuel efficiency among others and Willwears were simply more efficient.
Btw this was another really enjoyable episode and I think the show has found its rhythm.

FVjrakD.jpg

nintendoman, is that you?

duckroll

Active Raid - 06

So in the Active Raid universe they actually developed giant robots, but they had to stop that because of fuel efficiency among others and Willwears were simply more efficient.
Btw this was another really enjoyable episode and I think the show has found its rhythm.

Lol this really is Gun x Sword II.

Soultaker 05

Outside of the usual hilariousness, where the protagonists most powerful attack always, always needs to be preceded by screaming LIGHTNING BREAKER !, (paging Nintendoman)

A show needs to do more than that to get me to enjoy it! That was frequent in GBF TRY and we all know how that turned out!

Active Raid - 06

Don't make me want to watch this with those 2D robot shots darn it!

blurr

I never quite got the effect they were hoping for with that one. Akari with a haircut and different outfit still looks pretty girly with pink hair. I wound up forgetting they were supposed to be guys now at one point.

Yea, they still looked quite a lot like girls. Their attire also gives that impression despite the pants. It was a surprise for me nonetheless.

Kabenari PV looks good but I'm still going to wait and see how it actually goes.

Rotnems

Neo Member
Gundam Thunderbolt 2

I will always be a feddie at heart but i must admit that they did a good job setting up the Zeon pilot.
Hopefully we get some good Gundam VS Gundam action soon now that both sides have one. Seeing zeon scum getting destroyed is getting boring when it's this easy for my boy Flemming.

Defuser

KonoSuba ep 5
Who would have thought Aqua is useful by just being useless. I forgot Kazuma have insanely high luck cause stealing a high leveled curse item from a hero is practically almost zero. I like the small details like during the 4 hours later segment when Kazuma is monologuing you can actually hear Darkness's heavy M breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom