• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki-at

Lovely Complex - 1

I wanted to get into a good romantic comedy and this one always interested me. First episode was full of some good natured humour but seemed to be enough to cover a couple episodes... not that that was a bad thing but it was pretty fast paced. Think I'm going to enjoy this series if it continues like this.

everyone in animegaf except me and cosmic hates kill la kill

which means they hate fucking awesome anime but whatever

I liked it, what a fun show. I always get the feeling it's a show that brings out either excitement or disgust in people though.

Cornbread78

Snow White with the Red Hair - S2 Ep 5
Despite the annoying happit to kidnap Shirayuki, it's still a good show.
I really like how she affects the people around her and the new villains look interesting,too.

Log Horizon - S2 Ep 2
Oh god, this new girl is annoying. I hope she doesn't stay like this for long.
The rading starts next episode, that should be fun.
I also really like that they kept the same op theme, because it often hard to get used to a new OP.

Shirayuki:
Still haven't built enough patience to watch another pair of kidnappings yet, lol

LH:
Wait, did you just meet Tetra? Tetra is amazing!

KonoSuba is the best anime this season (aside from the ongoing greatness that is Gintama)

So fun.

So much Konosuba love, nobody posts in the OT, show is too shalom and fun to discuss, lol

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
everyone in animegaf except me and cosmic hates kill la kill

which means they hate fucking awesome anime but whatever
I like it, but it's not the kind of anime i will recommend to most people <_<. Final kinda eh, but the ova was great.
Maybe Imaishi should've just gone kekko kamen on KLK.
Edit: oh yeah, don't google kekko kamen at work. NSFW

Lovely Complex - 1

I wanted to get into a good romantic comedy and this one always interested me. First episode was full of some good natured humour but seemed to be enough to cover a couple episodes... not that that was a bad thing but it was pretty fast paced. Think I'm going to enjoy this series if it continues like this.

Good choice. Great core characters and relationship with some fantastic character design and soundtrack. Sadly, the writing does takes a dip every now and then :/

Both are above ok show since beginning.

The hate of Mouretsu Pirates in gaf was more than Grimgar, i even still vaguely remember the bunch of complain about how boring it is lol.
While Grimgar, some people in here hate it too, but that's more like a same group of people keep repeating.

You know, you're constantly talking about this unjustified hate some of us are supposedly giving Grimgar in this "oh they just want to hate" sort of manner. What you don't ever do though, is to actual argue and make counterpoints. If you could tell us for instance why some of the shameless pandering isn't detrimental to the show other than you personally don't minding it, please go ahead.

Otherwise just stop broadly handwaving our criticism as being needlessly cynic just because you and some online platforms outside of GAF like it.

HaruChika Episode 6

The practicing on the rooftop was the first time an anime made me actually want to play an instrument in a band. It seemed so fun. I wish it lasted longer.

Another good episode and all from a hearing aide.

You know, you're constantly talking about this unjustified hate some of us are supposedly giving Grimgar in this "oh they just want to hate" sort of manner. What you don't ever do though, is to actual argue and make counterpoints.

I did during episode 2 but i find out this is just wasting my time and feels like i'm going to force people to like it.
What i'm doing right now is more fun you know.

And ugh, i'm not "don't minding it", i'm LOVING IT, problem fella?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Aw hell yes. Im confused over the time frame of the movie GARO spoilers
Isn't German and Ema dead? or am I remebering it wrong?

Ema didn't die....
German did

I'm guessing It's a case of a hollow messing with the timestream, since it's happened before in the series

Talk about GARO, i still didn't watch first GARO anime but currently watching Crimson Moon, are these 2 directly related? if not i guess i will wait til Crimson Moon ends then start watching.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Talk about GARO, i still didn't watch first GARO anime but currently watching Crimson Moon, are these 2 directly related? if not i guess i will wait til Crimson Moon ends then start watching.

Share the same universe-ish but aside from that not really, So concepts and certain world buildings carry over but that that's mostly it.

pbayne

Soultaker 05

I'm not quite sure how it works in practice but Komugi is apparently both a cat and bunny ears girl ? Just putting it out there for any potentially interested parties.

Outside of the usual hilariousness, where the protagonists most powerful attack always, always needs to be preceded by screaming LIGHTNING BREAKER !, (paging Nintendoman) this episode not only doubled down on that by adding LIGHTNING CRUSHER !and DOUBLE LIGHTNING BREAKER ! to the repertoire, it also had the
"I'm your father !"
moment played at the precise moment when
said father
was impaling
his own son
on his own horn that happens to be sticking out of his forehead when
papa
is in his demon form. 12/10 episode.

Everyone knows shouting the name of your attack makes it 10 times stronger. Thats just science.

Loving your write-ups of this, show looks dope as hell and can't wait to check it out. Has Kokona or Tsukasa turned up in it yet?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Dope af

Adult Leon slick as hell

He has a really nice design, almost a perfect mix of his two previous.
yr73CWyf.jpg

Ema's not too bad either

I did during episode 2 but i find out this is just wasting my time and feels like i'm going to force people to like it.
What i'm doing right now is more fun you know.

And ugh, i'm not "don't minding it", i'm LOVING IT, problem fella?

Nah, embrace the shit for what it is all you like. Just don't repeatedly act like others wrongfully claim it smells.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku dake ga inai machi 5
I still like it, but i agree with what others said, the last supper shot was totally unnecessary. As for chocolate bar things, ridiculous as it is, i can believe that. As for how Satoru manage to escape from the police, well, let's just say it's a plot hole caused by adaptation since in the manga the scene are different.

Konosuba 5
Aqua getting bullied was hilarious.
I see Kazuma taking a page from FFT or Tactics Ogre. Now that is one good strategy.

tuffy

Gargantia 1-3
Watched this because I kind of had nothing better to do and it was one of those free anime episode from Microsoft.
It's kind of interesting. A water covered world is kind of unique for an anime especially with mechs. The dub VAs were alright and it was interesting to see that they had different languages. The people are a bit too well-intentioned aside from the person who keeps telling them to throw the MC overboard and tear apart the mech. Being that appalled when clearly bad and violent pirates are killed is kind of stupid. overall, seems like an alright mech show so far
That part never did make much sense. Those pirates had already killed some of Gargantia's crew with their rocket attacks and were about to get all rapey on Bellows, so wiping them out seemed perfectly justified. There's some plot-specific reasons not to keep vaporizing all the pirates going forward, but that "all life is sacred" excuse rings hollow. I would've preferred the show had made those pirates less loathsome so that killing them off felt disproportionate, or if it had some up with a better reason for not doing so.

Konosuba 5

The joys of bullying. MC has turned out to be a so much better and more entertaining character than I was expecting. Him selling the sword he stole and having absolutely no regrets about it was the fucking best.

Noirulus

Grisaia no Kajitsu - 01

Euck

Gundam IBO - 01

It didn't start strongly, but seems like a more down to earth approach on Gundam. Might be good?

Exalted

I'm really enjoying Konosuba , it is slowly becoming my favorite show of the season, now eve more so since Erased had some hiccups. I especially like the MC, and his altitude and his sarcastic remarks. The last episode was really good where he faced the hero which you would normally expect for such a fantasy setting.

Diodiablo

Banned
Come on guys, you all know the saying.

"A man's trash is another man's treasure"

It would be a nice OT title now that I think about it...

More? So you'll whiteknight Grimgar every post instead of just every second? Be my guest.

Ultimately even you can't hide from the truth that there need to be more spears in Grimgar. Fool.

^See this post is main reason why i start thinking i should do more because it's fun, and i start feeling it become personal issue. Maybe one day we should have a Hell in a Cell match.

And "unfortunately" after anime staff changed new character's weapon to a spear, the spear force in 2ch seems just shut up now lol.

Exalted

One problem i have with Erased is that now since i know that he can jump multiple times, the series has kinda lost most of the tension for me, since if he fails he can just retry, nothing is permanent. I actually though originally that he cannot jump back to the present( they didn't really explained his ability in detail), and he would just have to live his life again from that point on, and it would take 18 years to get back to the same age.

Taruranto

I didn't watch the gafcat show. Was it also yaoibait?

I didn't think there would be a backlash on OPM... I thought that KLK would get an actual backlash.

OMG TUSR...

Personally, I have more issues with OPM fanbase than the show itself. I feel like they want OPM to be something it isn't, it's meant to be a dumb fun show, there isn't really any "hidden depth" and yet you see people discussing power-levels and "WHAT IS THE SECRET OF SAITAMA POWERS WOULD HE BEAT GOKU SSJ34?".

Cornbread78

One problem i have with Erased is that now since i know that he can jump multiple times, the series has kinda lost most of the tension for me, since if he fails he can just retry, nothing is permanent. I actually though originally that he cannot jump back to the present( they didn't really explained his ability in detail), and he would just have to live his life again from that point on, and it would take 18 years to get back to the same age.

I think the big difference is that he doesn't choose when to jump. The past jumps just happen and without warning.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They would not have established Airi as a character if he wasn't going back to present day. Nothing is really genuinely surprising in Erased. Also, he has almost no control over his time travel, so I dunno why this aspect would bum you out.

Exalted

They would not have established Airi as a character if he wasn't going back to present day. Nothing is really genuinely surprising in Erased. Also, he has almost no control over his time travel, so I dunno why this aspect would bum you out.
I actually completely forgot about Airi until the 5th episode, also the series never said anything about jumping to the future, only back. While Erased will still have some tension , due to how unreliable his ability is, and the story can go a lot of ways, and i'm looking forward to it, the fact that he continues to jump, kinda makes all events less important , since he can have multiple attempts if he fails, there is really no threat of failing. Also the series never really explained at the beginning that he can jump multiple times for each event. I actually thought that when his time jump ability activates , he gets one and only one chance to find and resolve the problem. Meh, i've probably just misunderstood his ability or given it to much or to little thought.

The thing that irks me is that episode 1 set up a lot of interesting things about Satoru character: that he's creatively frustrated as failed manga artist, somewhat resentful of his job, strained relationship with his mother etc and they never really added to that. He's just become a 'nice guy' which is fine but not terribly interesting. Like apart from potentially saving his mom he has no reason to get emotionally attached to Hinazuki just like he wasn't attached to that kid he saved in episode 1.

I've actually thought that he would stay in the past due to how he is portrayed and get another chance to remake his life, and all the mistakes, and not jump back to the future.

Was that CM for Little Match Girl already posted?

https://youtu.be/4oij6q6HS9Y

The original manga follows the somewhat mysterious daily life of an enigmatic girl named Rin. Her "delusion matches" turns momentary delusions into reality in their flickering flames. The name of the manga draws inspiration from a fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen.

I like the fact that Hans Christian Andersen has an own ANN page.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=22197

pbayne

I got the impression in episode 1 that his power is completely random and just happens without his consent. Like there is no sure fire way that he can get back to the past now.
Though narrative dictates he probably will

The thing that irks me is that episode 1 set up a lot of interesting things about Satoru character: that he's creatively frustrated as failed manga artist, somewhat resentful of his job, strained relationship with his mother etc and they never really added to that. He's just become a 'nice guy' which is fine but not terribly interesting. Like apart from potentially saving his mom he has no reason to get emotionally attached to Hinazuki just like he wasn't attached to that kid he saved in episode 1.

Russ T

Banned
Konosuba - 01

So I watched it.

I laughed multiple times. So that's good!

Definitely a lot of fanservice. You know, I get the kind of fanservice that's just, like, skimpy clothing and junk. I even get the weird boob-sock clothing all these women have.

But do people really find hyperbolic bouncing tits hot? It's just so unnatural and weird.

I actually really like the dynamic between Aqua and Kazuma. Also whoever's voicing Kazuma is perfect for the role. A+. Will watch more. Hope the other characters I see in the OP are as ridiculous.

This changes nothing about what i said.

Can't I watch both? D:!

Tabi Machi Late Show END

Finally got the time to watch the final episode of this, there's not much to be said about this series as a whole, but I figured I'd just talk about it as it seemed a bit underlooked compared to some of the other short anime this season.

Overall, I'd say that this show is worth your wile. Even keeping in mind that some of the awkward scenes with a lot of movement can break your immersion it's still a set of four comfy shorts that feature some sweet moments about saying goodbye.

All things considered, your enjoyment of the show might be based on how much you can relate to some of the scenarios (or the general concept). But since the episodes are only eight minutes long there's no reason to not give it a go. Episode three definitely stands above the rest in my opinion, but the first episode was good as well.

phaze

Everyone knows shouting the name of your attack makes it 10 times stronger. Thats just science.

Loving your write-ups of this, show looks dope as hell and can't wait to check it out. Has Kokona or Tsukasa turned up in it yet?

Haven't encountered anyone with that name yet.

Also, I hope my scant impressions don't give you the wrong ... uh, impression. They're scant for a reason, in that, outside of interesting and unique direction and visuals, this show doesn't have much else going for it. It's a fairly generic story with bland protagonist who transforms into a demon to fight other demons and protect his, multiple, ~imoutos. All while trying to discover the truth about himself and his past.

Soultaker 06

Goddamit Shinbo, you're supposed to play the opening song during an action setpiece only in the last episode !

Diodiablo

Banned
I actually completely forgot about Airi until the 5th episode, also the series never said anything about jumping to the future, only back. While Erased will still have some tension , due to how unreliable his ability is, and the story can go a lot of ways, and i'm looking forward to it, the fact that he continues to jump, kinda makes all events less important , since he can have multiple attempts if he fails, there is really no threat of failing. Also the series never really explained at the beginning that he can jump multiple times for each event. I actually thought that when his time jump ability activates , he gets one and only one chance to find and resolve the problem. Meh, i've probably just misunderstood his ability or given it to much or to little thought.

I'll say I started to think
that Airi was the reincarnation of Hinazuki in the present world, I was there counting the years and guessing that he cannot save her but she reincarnates and comes looking for him.

I would've liked it if Erased made it more clear how much Satoru knows or thinks to know about the Revival events. Currently he seems weirdly certain about
being likely send back once again
which isn't really explained. If he knows little then he should be more distraught about all this stuff in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom