• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Erased ep.6

A lot of details from the current timeline incidents to help put some pieces together in this episode. It also included a lot of backstory on the killings of the past to on how the police viewed the evidence as well as the independent reporter. It's obvious now, that the killer is a
public official (city or police)
as mentioned by Airi. Sataru now has an uphill battle.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pet peeve of mine when it comes to anime and hospitals.

People who are bedridden and unconscious just get up and walk around the moment they wake up. No one bats an eye, no one cares.

I assume Japanese hospitals aren't so lax as to let their more serious patients wander around freely.

People who are bedridden and unconscious just get up and walk around the moment they wake up. No one bats an eye, no one cares.

I assume Japanese hospitals aren't so lax as to let their more serious patients wander around freely.

Yeah, they don't even crawl around for 10 minutes on the floor avoiding spec ops units. What the heck

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Half my rant about the end of the Sword Art Online arc was just about that. Kirito was the last person to wake up. Everyone else in the game would have woken up at the same time therefore Kirito's lack of waking up should have been of major concern. Yet he woke up to an empty hospital rather than say one filled with staff, wondering what's wrong with him as well as making sure all the other woken up patients are OK, and I'm sure we should have had the parents rushing in to see their children (I have been informed all victims of SAO were put in a special medical centre so he would have indeed been with other victims). No apparently within five minute the whole place was vacated and everyone walked out just fine despite the fact they hadn't walked for over two years.

But worst of all, he didn't even contact his family, you know, the ones likely worried because he was the only person from the game not to wake up. His first priority was to find Asuna. What a cunt.

idk, what are you even judging here. the whole series? It definitely isn't. some background shots in the first episode? I guess. as I already wrote that to me doesn't seem strictly worse/bland just because it has a more greyish/realistic look to it.
whether you think it's bland or not, I wouldn't go as far as ''everything is better'' just by comparing 10 frames to one out of twelve episode.

I mean, of course I can't say with certainty Mob Psycho 100 will be better than One Punch Man, since anything could happen between now and the end of production. But what I can say with certainty is that Mob Psycho 100 has a much better creative vision from the core staff than One Punch Man did.

I feel a little bad for making this analogy, but since I just watched the Divine Flame trailer again, I'll say it reminds me a little of the gap in artistic vision between Garo the Animation and Garo: Crimson Moon.

Haly

Yer a Professional Wizard Kashima 1

Gekkan.Shoujo.Nozaki-kun.full.1757267.jpg

I like this. I just wish it didn't cheap out on the character animation to such extremes.

TrueBlue

Little Witch Academia

Watched the first one on Netflix, gonna watch the second one later. It was fun - really liked the animation and the characters were all quite likeable. I wouldn't say it was anything particularly substantial, but it was nice! Gonna watch the second one tonight.

Erased 6

Put me in the camp who thinks that this show is better when focusing on the past. Not that I find Airi uninteresting but the present day episodes have suffered from a slightly disjointed feeling - I don't really feel the connection to the first four episodes.

Konosuba 5

This show is pretty funny. Like last week I think the best punchline/joke was saved until last with the headless knight. Weird how pretty much every shot of the quest-giver lady in this episode has her either bent down or jiggling - designated fanservice I guess?

The pizza manger's behavior in most recent episode of ERASED was weird.

"Sup nerd, I'm here to rescue you, but not really, just this underage girl I'm creeping on. I'm actually going to take credit for this, even though someone should probably ask how I knew about this fire."

Seriously, how did he know there was going to be a fire?

Yer a Professional Wizard Kashima 1

I like this. I just wish it didn't cheap out on the character animation to such extremes.

I assume you're referring to This Boy is a Professional Wizard? Minimal character animation is sort of Soubi Yamamoto's style (or at least she never seems to get much resources to work with), but I don't mind much because her stylistic sense is strong enough to mostly compensate for that with motion graphics type techniques.

Haly

I assume you're referring to This Boy is a Professional Wizard? Minimal character animation is sort of Soubi Yamamoto's style (or at least she never seems to get much resources to work with), but I don't mind much because her stylistic sense is strong enough to mostly compensate for that with motion graphics type techniques.
Yeah. Okay, I see this is her thing. Well I think I can get over it as long as the visual game is strong.

Grexeno

The pizza manger's behavior in most recent episode of ERASED was weird.

"Sup nerd, I'm here to rescue you, but not really, just this underage girl I'm creeping on. I'm actually going to take credit for this, even though someone should probably ask how I knew about this fire."

Seriously, how did he know there was going to be a fire?
I assume that since the face punching scene was just before, he was still close by and saw the fire.

Yu Yu Hakusho - 83

I wasn't a big fan of these past video game centric episodes. It didn't do anything interesting with the games themselves (though the attack helicopter was kinda neat).
However the psychological aspect turned interesting by the end, resulting in a very dark outcome. I'm not sure I entirely trust it though, given how this show has handled that business before, it remains to be seen.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Episode 1 (rewatch) EngDub

Solid Funidub. Ranta and Haruhiro have the best cast chemistry the whole time and Manato isnt that bad either. I think the plot sounds way better with them in english and the comedy is so much better, Ranta's Master of Choices moment and then him laughing at himself, wow, I laughed a lot. Will keep [re]watching.

TheChaos0

Konosuba 5

A solid episodes with enough laughs in both halves. Purification and taking the offensive on Mr Hero were the highlights. Looks like Dullahan got lonely again.

Gintama 309

Nobunobu receives yet another well deserved punch in the face. He would be a perfect punch bag for That Certain Unexplained Touma.

The last episode gave the impression that Kondo was already executed but seems like it was a different execution and Hijikata was just freaking out? They didn't telegraph it extremely well.

Moaradin

Gintama 309

Nobunobu receives yet another well deserved punch in the face. He would be a perfect punch bag for That Certain Unexplained Touma.

The last episode gave the impression that Kondo was already executed but seems like it was a different execution and Hijikata was just freaking out? They didn't telegraph it extremely well.
Thought it was pretty clear that it was a nightmare.

Ascheroth

Konosuba 5

A solid episodes with enough laughs in both halves. Purification and taking the offensive on Mr Hero were the highlights. Looks like Dullahan got lonely again.

Gintama 309

Yeah, the execution scene was just a nightmare.

Crocodile

That hurts, really hurts deep...

If it helps, I would've had the same reservation as Russ T if the recommendation was coming from you :p
#Kappa :p

I will check out this Konosuba anime though since it seems it might actually be legit given recent impressions.

Welp, it's time.

Kabaneri of the iron fortress(spring 2016) PV2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae33SmICsn0

This looks pretty cool. I'm hoping this can deliver in ways AOT didn't since they aren't tied to any manga material and can actually make a conclusive, self-contained story if they want to.

I mean, of course I can't say with certainty Mob Psycho 100 will be better than One Punch Man, since anything could happen between now and the end of production. But what I can say with certainty is that Mob Psycho 100 has a much better creative vision from the core staff than One Punch Man did.

I feel a little bad for making this analogy, but since I just watched the Divine Flame trailer again, I'll say it reminds me a little of the gap in artistic vision between Garo the Animation and Garo: Crimson Moon.

Look, the trailer for Mob Psycho 100 has me hyped too, that looked like some great stuff. But I feel you're trying REALLY hard to down play/throw shade on certain aspects of OPM, especially since you haven't watched much of it and of course none of us have seen any of the Mob Psycho 100 anime.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Erased Episode 6:

A better episode then last week but this series still hasn't but nearly the emotional resonance into the current affairs portion of the story to make me really give a toss. Also, along those lines, I am not sure if it was realized that building up Airi as a potential love interest is risky because we are dealing with a time travel story and she could be three towns over and never met Satoru.

Cornbread78

If it helps, I would've had the same reservation as Russ T if the recommendation was coming from you :p
#Kappa :p

I will check out this Konosuba anime though since it seems it might actually be legit given recent impressions..

I'm convinced that you all hate me.

I tried to lessen the noise in that image, and even then its still not perfect, but here:

oVClbbD.png

Thank you, will add tomm.

Uggh, why the hate bruh?

Yeah I really don't care about the present day stuff in Erased, nor do I think the murderer mystery angle serves to make it any better of a story and the bad parts all stem from that. I care about the relationship between Satoru and Hinazuki so if the show is going to go off on a side tangent not about that it should fuck off.

Dresden

Yeah I really don't care about the present day stuff in Erased, nor do I think the murderer mystery angle serves to make it any better of a story and the bad parts all stem from that. I care about the relationship between Satoru and Hinazuki so if the show is going to go off on a side tangent not about that it should fuck off.

They do go back to it, so there's that at least.

They do go back to it, so there's that at least.

That's what I'm holding out on. Judging by the end of this episode he will wake up as a kid again and if the show can hook me again then I'll look past these two weak episodes but if it still continues being like this you best believe I'm gonna start treating this show as a hatewatch

John Blade

Got myself Kamichu DVD box set in my collection. Heard good impression about this show and will most likely going to watch it later on. Wonder if any here did watch this show when it air.

tuffy

Though I didn't catch Kamichu as it aired, I did find it when it came out on DVD. It's a charming little show. And Geneon's wooden shrine box for it is one of my very few DVD sets that I haven't packed into something smaller.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I've been to hospitals and walked to the room of a patient without anyone asking who I was or if I was supposed to be there. Nobody was at the front desk. There are plenty of gaps in hospital care that can happen anywhere. The staff aren't all going to be huddled around the bed of patients.

Haly

I've been to hospitals and walked to the room of a patient without anyone asking who I was or if I was supposed to be there. Nobody was at the front desk. There are plenty of gaps in hospital care that can happen anywhere. The staff aren't all going to be huddled around the bed of patients.

I think this is more understandable because people will assume you passed security so you should be there. It's the beehive effect.

What I don't get is why these patients aren't hooked up to a vitals monitor, and/or why no one is alerted anyone when it suddenly flatlines.

Erased 06

Back to form. This was a great episode. Direction was also on point.
Now story wise, since he knows all these things, if he's brought all the way back again he can start changing stuff around, focus less on Hinazuki, and more on what's going on around her.
I don't think there will be any romance between him and Airi by the way. He's 29. Don't think he even thinks of her that way. The manager on the other hand continues to be a creepo.

Now I'm gonna give KonoSuba a try and see if it can make me laugh or not.

TrueBlue

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Episodes 1-4

Holy crap, what have I been missing!? This stuff is great! And the fourth arc is being shown in April, right? That should give me some time to catch up.

TrueBlue

If you like it now you are in for a ride because it improves drastically.

Sounds good! Truth be told I've been meaning to watch it for a while having heard so much about it. It was a random clip of the dub version of all things that inspired me to start watching on Crunchyroll. It's a lot of fun.

If I continue to like it this much, I may have to rewatch it through the dub. I need to hear more of Johnny Yong Bosch's totally not fake British accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom