• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erased Episode 1:

SO this is basically Life IS Strange The Animetied Series only with the star of the show being a 29 year old male NEET who is very introverted. I will watch this if only because this is an anime that dared to say we are going to make a person who is pushing 30 our MC. People complain about the school setting but they do not complain enough about all of the bloody teenagers.

d-did you watch it the whole way? lol

phaze

Towa no Quon 4
9T1kgIr.gif

Yes let's bring in this cyborg, yes the one that tried to kill us 5 seconds ago, the one who can be be remotely controlled and is filled to a brink with all kinds of tracking and data transfer utilities, let's bring that guy to our super secret mutant facility, which houses scores of kids and all the hitherto saved mutants. Let's do that guys ! That's clearly a very logical thing to do. Nothing bad could possibly come out of it, Let's all commit seppuku while we're at it shall we ?

Quon's levels of brain damage may have surpassed Shirou's.

Rotnems

Neo Member
Erased
I liked it but the twist at the end doesn't look all that promising. Hope it turns out alright.

sushi police
Awful artstyle and not funny, dropped.

prince or stride
Promising, it felt a lot like Haikyuu to me so i hope it will be as good as that show. Liked the soundtrack but the color pallete looked too bright, was it a Funimation screw up? Also Heath is best boy.

phantom world
Personally not a big kyoanime fan but this show was still enjoyable to me. The limbo scene was funny, well directed and had good pacing and I hope that more battles will be fought in other ways than just plain fighting. This is gonna be my guilty pleasure.

active raid
This show couldn't even hold my attention. This is probably gonna have a lot of combat and the battle in this episode was awful so im not gonna bother with this one.

Shoujo-tashi
Now this. This Japanese animation showcase was funny, characters are likeable and going in without knowing the premise i was
laughing my ass of when they reveal the whole making a gal-game story line
. The lead up to that "twist" was great. Looking forward to the next episode. Also it's great when Hanakana doesn't get typecasted like she usually is. Her voice acting is on point in this show. Based Romeo does it again.

marshmellow
Charming is the only word i can use to describe this short.

Just T

Ojisan and Marshmallow 1

Cute and humorous, should be a nice short for the season.

Now to dive into these other new shows.

Mature

Erased Episode 1:

SO this is basically Life IS Strange The Animetied Series only with the star of the show being a 29 year old male NEET who is very introverted. I will watch this if only because this is an anime that dared to say we are going to make a person who is pushing 30 our MC. People complain about the school setting but they do not complain enough about all of the bloody teenagers.
He's not a NEET though?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Erased Episode 1 Additional:

I see the powers are about as consistent as Life is Strange as well.
Anyway, can really call him a child protagonist since clearly he is still of the mind of an adult and I am willing to bet we are jumping back and forth through time in this series.

I didn't think Stride was very good. In a good sports anime, what happens outside the competition is just as important, sometimes even more important, than the actual competition.

And outside of that race, Stride just wasn't very interesting.

I did like this scene though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yes, I suppose you all are right about him not being a NEET and that is even rarer. Okay, it is a shit job but still rather atypical for anime.

Squishy3

I didn't think Stride was very good. In a good sports anime, what happens outside the competition is just as important, sometimes even more important, than the actual competition.

And outside of that race, Stride just wasn't very interesting.

I did like this scene though.
This is why Ippo is one of the best. Because everything outside of the boxing is just as interesting as what happens in the boxing. You could feel the determination as he's training after his first loss to figure out how to successfully combine evasion and offense. And it probably has one of the best supporting casts in almost anything, I'll never get tired of Takamura/Aoki/Kimura hijinks.

And being completely up to date on the manga, holy shit are there some strong conversations that carry actual weight. Morikawa is really good at balancing comedy and drama.

Towa no Quon 4
9T1kgIr.gif

Yes let's bring in this cyborg, yes the one that tried to kill us 5 seconds ago, the one who can be be remotely controlled and is filled to a brink with all kinds of tracking and data transfer utilities, let's bring that guy to our super secret mutant facility, which houses scores of kids and all the hitherto saved mutants. Let's do that guys ! That's clearly a very logical thing to do. Nothing bad could possibly come out of it, Let's all commit seppuku while we're at it shall we ?

Quon's levels of brain damage may have surpassed Shirou's.
That's what being nigh immortal does to you. Makes ya stupid.

Eridani

I don't think it's fair to dismiss Prince of Stride's characterization after 20 minutes largely dedicated to setting up the premise and establishing the sport. Sport shows with larger ensemble casts usually take their time with these things.
Hey, the show can always improve in the following episodes, and if it does that will be pretty great, as it did show some promise. Although It's a 12 episode show right? They can't really take a lot of time with such a short runtime.

And now for something I liked, so it won't look like I'm just here to hate on things.

Erased 1
I really liked the overall atmosphere in the show, and the story setup seemed pretty good. I also quite liked the main character - it's nice to see some more anime with adult protagonists. It wasn't particularly mindblowing, but it seems like a well put together show and I enjoyed the first episode.

This is why Ippo is one of the best. Because everything outside of the boxing is just as interesting as what happens in the boxing. You could feel the determination as he's training after his first loss to figure out how to successfully combine evasion and offense. And it probably has one of the best supporting casts in almost anything, I'll never get tired of Takamura/Aoki/Kimura hijinks.

And being completely up to date on the manga, holy shit are there some strong conversations that carry actual weight. Morikawa is really good at balancing comedy and drama.

Why isnt Ippo ended.

Yamishibai S2 07

Man gets his life force sucked away from him by Gachapon machine. Deep. This is why you shouldn't play shitty mobile games.

Yamishibai S2 08

Guy tells dead man he knocked up his wife. Dead man does nothing. Other guy tells dead man he killed his dog on accident. DEAD MAN IS PISSED. Priorities.

Yamishibai S2 10

Why. Why is it always the eyes.

Cornbread78

Erased Ep.1:
nYT8B9L.gif

intense scene..

Damn, pretty good opening right there. I didn't see the
mom getting stabbed
right there at the end, or that quick of a
"revival" into the past
. I'm interesting if the plot going forward is to
erase his own mistakes going forward, including saving that little girl in the timeline he went back to as well as preventing his mother's death in the future
... Definitely interested to see what happens next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom