• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tatami 5

The Endless Eighting (yes it's a verb now) is starting to wear thin. I like the individual stories but knowing ahead of time how they're going to pan out is taking a toll on my enthusiasm.

phaze

Tatami 5

The Endless Eighting (yes it's a verb now) is starting to wear thin. I like the individual stories but knowing ahead of time how they're going to pan out is taking a toll on my enthusiasm.
I think you're just about to start a sort of mini arc that shakes things up a bit.

I think you're just about to start a sort of mini arc that shakes things up a bit.

Episodes 6-8 are the worst part of Tatami Galaxy when it comes to repetition though. It doesn't bother me too much, but the repetitious time loop structure is definitely the one major weakness of the show.

It's not nearly as bad as Endless Eight though.

Fantastic Children 5

This show has already allayed some of my concerns by starting to draw in the mysterious organization from last episode into the orbit of the other plot threads through the detective we've seen earlier. I have a feeling
someone's trying to figure out the secret of immortality, given the question of ages going on

I wonder why Helga is willing to open up to Chiito, even if only a little, when she's so closed off to everyone and everything else.

Osomatsu-san Episode 3

Some of these skits fell flat though three were great, when they were all sleeping in the same room, the opening one with the horror SAW ish thing, and then the final one in the pool best.

duckroll

Fantastic Children doesn't set up anything without a pay off. It doesn't present any questions without an answer. And where ever you think it is going, it will exceed those expectations unless you're already 3/4 through the show. It's also a show most people can't get spoiled on because NO ONE WATCHED IT. So errr... small miracles I guess? :p

JulianImp

Episodes 6-8 are the worst part of Tatami Galaxy when it comes to repetition though. It doesn't bother me too much, but the repetitious time loop structure is definitely the one major weakness of the show.

It's not nearly as bad as Endless Eight though.

I don't think too many things will ever come close to the exact same scenes happening over and over with graphical changes and some very minor differences for a whole eight freaking episodes.

Kyon-kun, denwa! indeed.

Fantastic Children doesn't set up anything without a pay off. It doesn't present any questions without an answer. And where ever you think it is going, it will exceed those expectations unless you're already 3/4 through the show.

That's good to hear. After Lost, I can't help but approach mystery heavy TV serials with a certain amount of skepticism.

It's also a show most people can't get spoiled on because NO ONE WATCHED IT. So errr... small miracles I guess? :p

The good stuff often gets overlooked, for the very reason that it is good and isn't focused on appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Konosuba Ep 01

So it looks like I'll enjoy the premise of this show and the characters, while being rather basic so far, are relatively endearing. I could do without the constant low-level butt shots, but it's not as annoying as Hestia over in DanMachi, so I can get over it.

I do hope there's more of this in the future:

7RWoC.png

And perhaps some more exploration as to what it means to live in a game world. Maybe that's asking too much though.

Clov

In a surprising announcement, a company called Pied Piper is planning on launching an Indiegogo campaign for an English dub and DVD/BD release of Skip Beat.

I guess I'm surprised because I haven't heard of the company before, that it's using Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter, and that it's Skip Beat. Is the show any good? I think Pied Piper had something to do with Time of Eve's original BD over here, but I'm not certain.

In a surprising announcement, a company called Pied Piper is planning on launching an Indiegogo campaign for an English dub and DVD/BD release of Skip Beat.

I guess I'm surprised because I haven't heard of the company before, that it's using Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter, and that it's Skip Beat. Is the show any good? I think Pied Piper had something to do with Time of Eve's original BD over here, but I'm not certain.

I don't know if Skip Beat is any good or not, but it's on Crunchyroll.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

They made a Middle-Out Compression Solution but that won't be of any use for a dub :/

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
VYAJHRo.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Having watched some Skip Beat, it's a pretty strange choice to retroactively dub. It works itself into a pretty simplistic formula very early on, and it certainly doesn't feel like a property that's substantial enough to prop up as a lost classic.

Clov

http://www.piedpiper.com/

I tried to make a silicon valley referencial joke :p
Hard to understand if you havn't watched it.

I think a lot of things are going over my head right now, but it's been a long day if that's an acceptable excuse. :p

Anyway, I looked into it more, and they handled the Kickstarter for Time of Eve over here. Glad to see them get into more anime, though I don't know how good Skip Beat is. Maybe I should give it a watch before the campaign is over.

The first few episodes were all subtle homoerotic tension, thought largely in the same way male all-male shonen sports shows are.

There's definitely a difference between the overt pandering to fujoshi that happens in Prince of Stride Alternative, where you have a character who likes to feel up everyone else's muscles, and the non-overtness of a sports series such as Haikyuu, where fujoshi fantasies aren't given explicit fuel in the show itself.

duckroll

I would say something about Deadpool but I'm still unable to form constructive impressions of anything I have watched lately, just like my body is unable to form normal poop out of anything I ate lately. It's been rough.

I'll say this it made me and the whole theater laugh from beginning to end. The fact that you have action, comedy and even romance all in one is quite amazing. I don't think there was a single moment where I was bored. Loved whenever Pool broke the 4th wall. It wasn't excessive either, which a lot of movies/shows tend to do just because they can.

This one is worth the dollar.

Oh look, the chocolate ice cream emoji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom