• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the story was really good overall, dispute some hiccups along the way. I love the variety of worlds, the intense battles, the love story within it, as well as the Sci-fi aspect, which was pretty cool stuff. I didn't go in jaded and came out of it extremely happy and there's a reason millions love it and it makes so much money.
I watched it prior to this community turning me into a squidward, and I basically enjoyed the first arc and every other arc has been bad or hilariously bad.

Like the gun game one. The triggered finger gun thing was amazing

Gvitor

I enjoyed SAO way before I knew people thought it was shit, too =/

I mean, sure, I could do with less harem, the tentacle part in S1's 2nd cour, less Sinon ass shots and unnecessary drama in S2's 1st cour, and more male characters, but overall it was very entertaining.

I only read through one of the many .hack, and I don't even remember which one was it, but I enjoyed SAO way more. I also couldn't get past the first 3 episodes of Log Horizon. I don't know what that says about me.

One Piece Gold character designs

Looks like the theme is sunglasses this time, except Nami who will probably be kidnapped or something. lol at Nami and Robin. Never change. Not gonna post all of em, just the ones I like.

2016-02-23-09-57-22-30806600.jpg

2016-02-23-09-57-22-30948900.jpg

2016-02-23-09-57-22-59283000.jpg

2016-02-23-09-57-23-79524000.jpg

hestia?

2016-02-23-09-57-24-05266200.jpg

Jintor

I seriously think people who love SAO just loved the first arc with the 3 or 4 episodes of Kirito and asuna being newlyweds

...i kind of like those episodes.

nothing in it is earned in any way but they kinda make me happy even though I only really like Asuna.

sao is rubbish etc etc

Nah, the story was really good overall, dispute some hiccups along the way. I love the variety of worlds, the intense battles, the love story within it, as well as the Sci-fi aspect, which was pretty cool stuff. I didn't go in jaded and came out of it extremely happy and there's a reason millions love it and it makes so much money.

I'm generally a positive person here but I legitimately cannot understand you when it comes to this.

Look, I'll admit that there were moments of SAO that I enjoyed. The Blue Demon fight, and the part where Asuna confesses to Kirito that she wishes their relationship was real, parts like those were good.

But SAO overall is a show where a mass-murderer is praised for his actions of helping one teenage boy defeat a rapist in a virtual online game! It's a show where we're supposed to feel sorry for a girl that wants to have sex with her own brother. How can someone defend that? How?!?

Don't tell me to simply turn my brain off and accept it for what it is, when what it is is something we clearly should be concerned about!

How somebody, anybody, can look at the entirety of episode 24 and say: "that was good" is mind-boggling. The fact that it made so much money and millions like it honestly kind of scary when I think about it.

Cornbread78

I'm in the same boat. Back then I watched seasonal anime but never frequented forums or anything like that. Little did I know that people hated the show ahaha.

It's still R_thanoses' fault for making watch anime in the first place. All because I wanted to play Hollow Fragment on my Vita, so I had to watch the first arc and now look... It's a shame he doesn't come around here anymore, he needs to take responsibility...

Come back brotha..

I'm generally a positive person here but I legitimately cannot understand you when it comes to this.

I'll way over simplify since I'm half asleep and I need to put GAF down.

A) It's entertaining as fuck
B) It's not going to ever win any literature awards, nor does it need to
C) It's fiction and after watching a ton of anime now, that whole bro x sis thing is so mild compared to much worse stuff out there..
D) It was the first anime series I ever really watched
E) It's entertaining as fuck.

Goodnight.

Love Live S2 01

This season seems way more...theatrical I guess? Maybe it's just this episode but all the reactions are super overplayed (in a theatrical way, not like overly dramatic) they bust out into song mid scene like a musical

How did Honkers become student council prez anyway? Don't you have to have good grades for that

TUSR

Banned
Love Live S2 01

This season seems way more...theatrical I guess? Maybe it's just this episode but all the reactions are super overplayed (in a theatrical way, not like overly dramatic) they bust out into song mid scene like a musical

How did Honkers become student council prez anyway? Don't you have to have good grades for that

S1 Nozomi ≠ S2 Nozomi

Squishy3

It's a show where we're supposed to feel sorry for a girl that wants to have sex with her own brother.
I still feel let down because I apparently misread something in the second half where I assumed she knew that the guy in Alfheim was her brother (he looks the exact same but with elf ears, for crying out loud) but he didn't know it was her... because well, she's a big buxom blonde lady instead of a big buxom black haired girl.

So you know, I thought she was hanging out with him in ALO to form a relationship with him under false pretenses because it was too awkward to try to form a relationship in real life with someone who'd effectively been in a coma as far as the outside world goes while undergoing a somewhat traumatic experience.

So when the big reveal happened and she goes "You're Kirito?!" I had to pause it and just sit in a state of confusion for a few minutes as I processed the events that just happened.

I guess that would've actually been half decent writing and would have had no place.

also lisbeth best sao

jonjonaug

Osomatsu: There's pandering, and then there's this. The Osomatsu creators seem to be in a contest with the fanbase to see who can push things the farthest.

Line_HTX

Konosuba 06

Not to say that Aqua deserved to be berated by Kazuma because that's unfair, but she really blew it. All that super water magic did was blow a hole in the entrance wall like the Colossal Titan.

At least the special reward for the special quest was good enough to get all the end game gear, except the repair fee for the wall is way more than that. They'll have to pay it all back and are in debt again. These four are stuck together whether Kazuma likes it or not, lmao.

Quasar

I seriously think people who love SAO just loved the first arc with the 3 or 4 episodes of Kirito and asuna being newlyweds

Certainly thats my favourite part so far. Though I haven't dipped into the next superlong arc yet. I did also like Mothers Rosario. I wouldnt say I love SAO...think I gave it 6 on MAL.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Officially reached season 2 of GATE and judging by the OP its gonna be fucking great, also watching anime on crunchrolly on your WiiU is great cause alot of the times after a while the ads would just glitch out and would skip them automaticall

Mailbox

About as likely as it being revealed this is all part of Shirayuki's plan to destroy Zen's kingdom, Drangleic.

You know... that... actually sounds like it'd be a cool ending. Memorable at least.

I'm still surprised there's a season 2 since season 1 ended as well as it did.
How is season 2 so far?

zulux21

the best part of the show is for sure the entireity of sword art online, but I still like the other arcs as well :p (the newlywed stuff was cute but I was glad it wasn't that long)

it's just a fun watch and that really is the most important thing for me. "am I enjoying what I am watching." I don't need a deep involved plot or fancy art stuff, I am happy just enjoying stuff because I am having fun.

granted deep plots aren't bad nor is nice art but it's my scale for most things.
did I have fun - Yes = good No = Bad

some shows I would love to enjoy but just dislike instead... though in regards to sword art, I just have a soft spot for that type of setting and that type of main character. I like pretty much all the light novels with the main characters that do setting breaking things because I find them fun lol.

Jintor

i'm glad you guys had fun with it i guess. when i wasn't either disgusted by its content or disappointed by the completely rubbish storytelling i was bored stiff. only got through sao with a group watch and will probably never watch s2 because fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

although god knows because i have an obsessive personality i'll probably end up rewatch s1 at least once just to figure out why exactly i think its storytelling is rubbish, since that's the kind of thing i usually pick up intuitively on. but any show that has me repeatedly yelling angrily at the tv usually has a pretty good reason for me not liking it

i'm definitely not arguing from some mythical place of deep plots only. i mean i love gurren lagann and girls und panzer and all kinds of stuff that has at heart a really simple story, often of pretty basic progression with very little multi plot thread shennanigans.

why do i engage with these all the time? some part of me hurts when people say they enjoy sao i guess. i should get that checked

zulux21

why do i engage with these all the time? some part of me hurts when people say they enjoy sao i guess. i should get that checked

at least it doesn't hurt to admit you like a show like it does me.... by admitting I like *grimaces in pain* Hanamaru Kindergarten :/

Moe things should be burned with fire @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom