• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Oh, so mens' sports are the new FOTM or something? I'm not much of a fan, but as long as they don't overly pander to fujoshis I think they're still better off than all the isekai/high school with powers LN nonsense.

pbayne

Teaser visual for All Out!! anime adaptation:

rUcgVqg.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...eals-teaser-visual-main-staff-on-air-schedule

insert innuendo here

Feels like he's wearing nothing at all, nothing at all.

Oh, so mens' sports are the new FOTM or something? I'm not much of a fan, but as long as they don't overly pander to fujoshis I think they're still better off than all the isekai/high school with powers LN nonsense.

As opposed to the tons of female sports team we don't get. They can pander all they want as long as i keep getting sports shows ill be happy.

Ill be salty if the Haikyuu girls team never gets a spin-off.

JulianImp

hahahahaha

breh take a look at that ass. Thats just the first visual.

I know, I was just stating my opinion for the genre, not that particular one. Still, I don't think I'm too thrilled at the prospect of fujoshi bait replacing power fantasy LN rubbish, because neither of them is any interesting in the first place.

...However, I could overlook all this if fujoshi pandering resulted in a non-chibi Kaiki figure being released.

JulianImp

Monogatari SS - Ep. 5-6
Episode 5 was one of the best episodes I have seen in a while. Give me more episodes like this, and this show is 10/10 for me.
6 was a recap and really pointless, because it recaps everything we knew about Hanekawa before the new arc, after her new arc is already over.
Apperently there are more episodes like this, but I'm just going to skip them.

I hope you enjoy SS, since it's considered by many to be the best season in the series so far. So much meaningful character development.

I don't know what FOTM means, but male sports anime aimed at female audiences has been a long-standing tradition going back to at least Prince of Tennis. That field can certainly produce some good works such as Haikyuu and Yowamushi Pedal.

JulianImp

I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement.

All this talk just made me think what'd happen if anime actually went and used a male version of big-breast-related tropes, but I guess our lovely double-standard society would riot if guys called each other out on the size of their junk, we had guys who were really embarassed about it and especially if we'd have gainaxing apply to them as well.

But yeah, girls groping each other, the whole thing about drinking milk, self-concious big or small-breasted girls and seeing them flail about all the time is all a-ok.

All this talk just made me think what'd happen if anime actually went and used a male version of big-breast-related tropes, but I guess our lovely double-standard society would riot if guys called each other out on the size of their junk, we had guys who were really embarassed about it and especially if we'd have gainaxing apply to them as well.

Hajime no Ippo, everyone makes fun of Ippo for having an elephant dick.

But yeah, girls groping each other, the whole thing about drinking milk, self-concious big or small-breasted girls and seeing them flail about all the time is all a-ok.

Dicks don't even exist in anime 99% of the time.

JulianImp

Hajime no Ippo, everyone makes fun of Ippo for having an elephant dick.

Haha, that's interesting. Still, I meant that as a more overt and industry-wide trend, which sure as hell isn't going to happen because double standards are a very real thing in society at large.

Dicks don't even exist in anime 99% of the time.

...I'm kind of sympathizing with fujoshis after all this, since it's always like it's okay to indulge in breast-related things, teasing shipping a guy with his little sister and other overly sexist stuff that deprecate women like that, but we never get the flip side of the coin since society considers that even more repulsive.

DanMachi 12

So I guess this was the fan service episode. Also, I thought the deities couldn't use their powers, but I guess they all just choose not to do so?

DanMachi 13 - End

That was a really fun episode. Loved the fight against the Titan. Bell even had a limit break. The incantations were pretty cool too. I wish magic had played a bigger role in this show.

Also, I just knew Bell couldn't have been a normal human. Wasn't expecting Zeus to be his grandfather, though.

Honestly, my only disappointment with this series is the incredibly sparse plot/story. There just wasn't much here, to be honest. If there is a second season, and I really hope there is, I hope things are really expanded upon. There's a lot of potential here. The characters are great, the action was pretty good, and the lore is interesting.

Cornbread78

DTL will be all over this and provide some play by play for ya

I missed th rest of the comments on the page, where have we gone wrong here?

brawly

TERRAFORMARS 2

Yo did that
cockroach
just use a
spine
as a sword? Turned up the vibrance on my tv, so much better. Great episode.

Russ T

Banned
Dennou Coil is one of the few series I legitimately want to own.

And now you're all telling me I should be worried because Sentai.

Sad days. ):

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
did you add the sixth one specifically so someone would call it out or what.

I just spammed it and clicked post there's no ulterior motive here!

Dennou Coil is near future sci-fi where Google Glass has become ubiquitous (at least in the setting of the anime) and isn't embarrassing technophile junk.

It's Serial Experiments Lain meets Studio Ghilbi. And it has children with beards nuking the shit out of each other and a ugly as shit hacker grandma.
I'm sold.

----

Think I'll watch Serial Experiments Lain next, now that you've brought it up. Never seen it before.

JulianImp

You have a monogatari avatar and you're conplaining about pandering?

Russ T has already explained it, but I guess I'll chip in anyway.

Monogatari has some great character development, which is the reason I like the show in the first place. I'm one of many who constantly warn others of Nisemonogatari and its rampant fanservice, and the reason for that is what we are aware that it isn't one of the series' aspects that deserves any praise and can upset watchers.

However, seeing the cast bond with each other and grow in overly stylized and exaggerated but still relatable ways is what sucked me into Monogatari as a series, and what got me to stick with it in the first place. Does it have unfortunate fanservice that doesn't do much for the plot? Yes. But the show doesn't hinge on that and has many interesting things in it that make the series worth it.

Russ T has already explained it, but I guess I'll chip in anyway.

Monogatari has some great character development, which is the reason I like the show in the first place. I'm one of many who constantly warn others of Nisemonogatari and its rampant fanservice, and the reason for that is what we are aware that it isn't one of the series' aspects that deserves any praise and can upset watchers.

However, seeing the cast bond with each other and grow in overly stylized and exaggerated but still relatable ways is what sucked me into Monogatari as a series, and what got me to stick with it in the first place. Does it have unfortunate fanservice that doesn't do much for the plot? Yes. But the show doesn't hinge on that and has many interesting things in it that make the series worth it.

Hopefully if you can understand that anime aimed at male otaku can have worthwhile aspects to them, you can also understand that anime aimed at female otaku can have worthwhile aspects to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom