• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

HOLY SHIT. DENNOU COIL HAS BEEN LICENSED!!!!!!!

Dubbed and on Blu-ray too!

Sentai, have all my money!!!

Interesting. I believe it was once mentioned that the rights to Denno Coil and Legend of the Galactic Heroes were held by the same Japanese company, which allegedly made both of them hard to license, so it's not entirely surprising that Sentai (or one of their arms/brands/whatever) managed to get this one too.

Line_HTX

Yes. Please give me the Cross Ange dub!

I've been waiting for this!!

Hopefully it will not break the Toonami thread in half.

Cornbread78

Yes. Please give me the Cross Ange dub!

I've been waiting for this!!

Hopefully it will not break the Toonami thread in half.

Oh goodness and they thought SAO was trashy... They have yet to witness Angelina-sama in all her glory..'

I will log on every Sat. just to witness the carnage...

phaze

Trapeze 10
014577rixh2.jpg
Great ep. That climax scene. That violin track. That
damn Irabu not reading the mood.
dq8cskv4dawj.gif

Haven't checked the preview but I think the last episode might be focused on Irabu himself ? His nurse gave off a few foreshadowing signals and his three distinct appearances are still unexplained.
Ajin 06

Having a bit psycho mc is refreshing but him doing a 180 on his own saviour, when he was a scaredy cat just a second before didn't feel very earned. And with this execution and dialogue it just felt comical.

It took me ~4 episodes to recognise that Satou is voiced by Houchuu Ootsuka, brb commiting sudoku.

Szadek

I hope you enjoy SS, since it's considered by many to be the best season in the series so far. So much meaningful character development.
I hope so,too.
I don't think there is anything to worry about give that my opinon about the series so far is pretty much in ine with the rest of the fanbase.

Ascheroth

A Cross Ange dub isn't going to have Nana Mizuki though, so that's an instant negative right there.

But reactions are going to be ...interesting, that's for sure.

Sölf;196403630 said:
Why is Heavy Object so good? Why are Qwenthur and Havia best guys? And why are there only 5 more episodes? D:

So true. Maybe we get more seasons, because there's looooots of remaining material out there.

zulux21

HOLY SHIT. DENNOU COIL HAS BEEN LICENSED!!!!!!!

Dubbed and on Blu-ray too!

Sentai, have all my money!!!

awesome news. I joked when the skip beat kickstarter happened that I just needed someone to licence dennou coil now.

that wasn't fully true.
I am happy but I have others I can hope for. Next up is... One Outs.

Sölf

So true. Maybe we get more seasons, because there's looooots of remaining material out there.

I seriously hope so. I don't know why I have so much fun with this show. The one thing that really bothered me was the fanservice, but I either got used to it or it got toned down (or at least was not that obvious, like in EP 1 with that stupid belt squeeze scene). Still, this show is great.

Ascheroth

Sölf;196404254 said:
I seriously hope so. I don't know why I have so much fun with this show. The one thing that really bothered me was the fanservice, but I either got used to it or it got toned down (or at least was not that obvious, like in EP 1 with that stupid belt squeeze scene). Still, this show is great.

Haha, I feel exactly the same way.

I don't know why, but it kinda reminds me of Soma in a way. They couldn't be further apart contentwise, but they have that same non-stop fun vibe.

Don't know of this is old news or not but Cross Ange is getting a dub. Ugh?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2016-02-23/cross-ange-anime-gets-english-dub/.99011

So Sentai will give Cross Ange a dub but not Haikyuu? FFS

I could understand Haikyuu if we assume it gets an s3 and an s4, Sentai has already failed to dub and release an s3 of a show they dubbed and released, so I would hate for Haikyuu to only have part of it come out.

Also no Love Stage dub is terrible. Dont they know there is a market for dubbed BL?!

JulianImp

Hopefully if you can understand that anime aimed at male otaku can have worthwhile aspects to them, you can also understand that anime aimed at female otaku can have worthwhile aspects to them.

Yup, but like I said, double standard. I ended up kind of actually sympathizing with fujoshis after all this talk because it was made apparent to me that I can skim by male fanservice, but had a knee-jerk reaction and called fujoshi fanservice out as something I don't like.

Regardless, I guess I'd still be okay with male fanservice as long as a series isn't only about that. Heck, I enjoyed No Game No Life for its color palette (loved its use of purples, pinks and selective character outlines), so hopefully I should be okay with male sports animes, which are most likely much more wholesome fanservice-wise than freaking NGNL.

Clov

Maiden Japan, which I believe is a label associated with Sentai.

Yep, pretty much. It's technically another company under the holding company Section23, which has Sentai Filmworks, Maiden Japan, Aesir Holdings (who releases some old, retained ADV licenses) and the ADV Films label (which they had to put on the Elfen Lied BD, for some reason). I think the person who runs Maiden Japan is someone who was high up in ADV, Matt Greenfield.

Section23 does all their disc authoring themselves, so Maiden Japan discs are a lot like Sentai ones. Same subtitle style, same concerns, etc. Though the Maiden Japan BDs I do own (Oshii's Patlabor OVA, Patlabor 1 and 2) are actually very good.

In any case, it's great that Denno Coil has finally been licensed over here! Fantastic little series, I'll be more than happy to rewatch it on BD.

Also, Sentai is putting out And Yet the Town Moves on BD, for those of you who are interested (I know there's quite a few fans of it here. I ought to rewatch that as well, honestly).

Qurupeke

Koyomimonogatari 07

This is the best sister. I don't like the other one. So I liked this episode and not the previous one.

I liked Karen more at first, but the fact she's Kanbaru 2.0 now doesn't really help her case. Also I hate short hair on her, even though the scene where she cut her hair was mostly hilarious. Tsukihi is far more interesting but it's a shame she hasn't done much, other than helping in the creation of crazy snake gods, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom