• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Osomatsu-san isn't based on an ongoing manga right, just a revival of an older one?

Gonna assume that the 2 cour extension *probably* won't be the last we see of Osomatsu. I don't think anyone expected this. Hosanna was worried that no one would even know about the show before it aired...

From what I know, it's inspired by the manga and previous two anime series (one from the 60s, another from the 80s), though it's not directly adapted from any manga.

Serial Experiments Lain 2

Nope. Still don't really know what's going on. Maybe Lain is on that "I see dead people" state of mind or something. I don't know.

This show also has a pretty creepy vibe going on. It's not scary or horror-like or anything, though. Just creepy.

Wow, those sales are absolutely unreal. When was the last time a show sold that well?

Love Live season 2 vol. 1 sold 116,896 copies. I think Osomatsu-san vol. 1 is second to that.

Osomatsu-san isn't based on an ongoing manga right, just a revival of an older one?

It's a quasi-sequel to Osomatsu-kun, a gag manga from the 1960s. The Osomatsu siblings were 10 in Osomatsu-kun; Osomatsu-san is set 10 years later with them grown up. The anime was made to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the birth of mangaka Fujio Akatsuka, also famous for Tensai Bakabon and Himitsu no Akko-chan. There are references to the original manga in Osomatsu-san, but it's essentially anime-original.

Gonna assume that the 2 cour extension *probably* won't be the last we see of Osomatsu. I don't think anyone expected this. Hosanna was worried that no one would even know about the show before it aired...

I'm sure the producers were hoping this would be popular among fujoshi, but this level of success must be beyond their wildest dreams.

Wanderer5

Maaaan Death Parade has such a catchy opening heh. Two episodes in and I am hooked. Really liking the setting and great setup from the first two episode. Maybe even after going through one more episode or two, I will check out the series on google play.

Jarmel

Banned
Gintama-111
DKUU4MH.jpg
Wow this was one of the more touching stories in the show and it was about an umbrella.
kGyyEZz.jpg

that feel when you see something that can't be unseen

Cornbread78

Rosario + Vampire ep.7
So, we finally meet the last harem member, this one an ice chick. Another silly episode ending in lustful and playfull bloodsucking, lol. The show hasn't been half bad so far.

Well, I just finished Naruto Shipuuden episode 426 and threw up in my mouth a little bit. I thought the anime was complete though and caught up with the manga? Guess not. But after what has been going on, I honest to god don't know if I want to watch the ending. I mean...I've made it this damn far. But shit, I might as well wikipedia the ending because this has been atrocious.

I think I'm going to jump into some earlier recommendations. I've never seen the original Fafner, but was always interested. Based on that pretty amazing compliment it received here for it's AotY nomination, I think I'll start and watch them all.

Hunter X Hunter (1999) 17

Assistant director Toshiyuki Kato has been doing some great work in this show. His first episode was excellently atmospheric, and this episode has a lot of unusual and striking layouts. The fight between Leorio and Tonpa was particularly well animated. It's interesting to see that Kato has gone on to now be the series director for the upcoming Diamond is Unbreakable anime.

manfestival

Just finished watching season one of overlord and I need season 2 in my life right NOW. That show was waaaay better than I expected it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom