• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

The official Twitter account for the Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma anime series revealed on Sunday that the show's second season is titled Shokugeki no Sōma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate). The series will premiere this summer.

source

yay the wait is almost over.

Looks bad/boring. Background work and coloring is atrocious.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

personally I will be watching the anime of the season as it airs :p

Dimension W 01

A solid start to a Sci-Fi show. The Dimension aspect is pretty cool even if that's not how the fuckin work. It's pretty suspect that there is so many ass shots when the main girl has no ass to speak of.

Jintor

I'm excited. Damn.

All that footage looks like it's entirely from the first two episodes, too. Maybe even just the first. Looks great though.

Qurupeke

Koyomimonogatari 8

Zo1uP17.png

The latest episodes have been more interesting visually and not just reused backgrounds and assets. I love decent black and Ougi. And I also liked the foreshadowing for Nadeko Medusa.

Anyone know where in the Monogatari timeline Episode 8 of Koyomimonogatari fits in?

It seems to be just before Nadeko becomes crazy and after she met the "snake". So it's November 1?

melike75

Neo Member
Thanks for the replies guys - gives me something to work through. My wife is the type to just pick anything and play it which drives me a bit crazy so its nice to have recommendations.

Exalted

Not really familiar with My Hero Academia, but from all the promo people posted here in the past, it looks just like an anime version of that stupid movie Sky High, but worse...

Yona of the Dawn 20

OK, so next episode will be the big one. At this rate, will Yona even collect the fourth dragon before the anime ends? Not that I mind the time they're taking on this arc, because it's quite good, but maybe they should have cut out the two-episode arc on Su-won and the Earth Tribe.

This Boy Is A Professional Wizard 4 (END)
tumblr_o366r4On8A1ta51n1o5_540.png
tumblr_o366r4On8A1ta51n1o1_540.png

tumblr_o3616sOI9Y1tmufuoo1_540.png
tumblr_o366r4On8A1ta51n1o4_540.png

Lovely ending, I wish we get more animated BL as there is always great emotional drama, character growth and realization, comedy, and really sweet moments that would brighten anyones day. Easily one of the top anime and shorts of 2016 and the past few years as well. Soubi Yamamoto continues to develop hit after hit. However, I would still have This Boy Can Fight Aliens and Robotica Robitics as my favorite one of these.

10/10

Razmos

Been watching Tokyo Ghoul on Netflix, because I heard a lot of hype for it as it was airing.

Jesus what a pile of shit this is. The characters are boring as fuck, nothing ever happens, the plot I believe only just started around episode 10 and even then it's a shitty one, the acting is hammy and bad, the world building is basic at best, all the decent gory parts are censored to hell and back and what the hell at the offensive gay stereotypes?

Literally the only redeeming feature of this show is its artwork and op/ed, everything else is a terrible rehash of every "dark" shounen action anime before it.

I think it may have actually surpassed Sword Art Online as my least favourite anime.
シンフォギアライブ@武道館2016最終日で発表!4期と5期製作決定!!

Holy christ, not just s4, they even announced Symphogear s5!
http://otakomu.jp/archives/355181.html
Yes, this is good news.

Clov

everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

personally I will be watching the anime of the season as it airs :p

I'm also pretty sure that I'll be watching the anime of the season as it airs, and while I'm not sure what it is yet, I don't think it'll be that. :p

Watching it dubbed? Worth it just to hear Crispin Freeman's amazingly hammy performance.

While I actually really enjoyed what I saw of the Hellsing Ultimate dub, I don't think I'd trade Wakamoto's performance as Anderson for anything. I mean, it's typical Wakamoto stuff, but he really chews the scenery here with his amazing English prayers, or when he just starts shouting "Mars!" over and over in one episode. Fantastic stuff.

kewlmyc

Unbanned! Time to post the anime I've seen.

Durarara X2: 31-32

Mostly setup for what I'm going to assume is a crazy finale to the series. Can't wait to see Izaya get his ass kicked. Also Mikado going full American. Out of all the things in this series, Mikado's decent into madness (and being a interesting character) is the standout. I wish more series would do something like this with their boring "normal" characters.

GATE 20

I get what they were going for, so at least I think I did. It wouldn't have been creepy if they ended it with Sugawara patting her on the head or at least trying to imply that he was just bluffing about the wife thing so that she could come over to Japan's side. However, they didn't do that and instead went with the "embrace with a sunrise in the background" shot and a shot angled to make it look like they're kissing. Yeah, kinda went over the top there gate.

Konosuba 07

This shows continues to be a surprise treat. I just wish the animation wasn't god awful. Also Megumin's winter outfit is cute but seems very impractical for the cold.

Ascheroth

Been watching Tokyo Ghoul on Netflix, because I heard a lot of hype for it as it was airing.

Jesus what a pile of shit this is. The characters are boring as fuck, nothing ever happens, the plot I believe only just started around episode 10 and even then it's a shitty one, the acting is hammy and bad, the world building is basic at best, all the decent gory parts are censored to hell and back and what the hell at the offensive gay stereotypes?

Literally the only redeeming feature of this show is its artwork and op/ed, everything else is a terrible rehash of every "dark" shounen action anime before it.

That's what happens if you cram ~70 chapters into 12 episodes and cut all character development in favor of action scenes.

The manga is miles better.

I'm also pretty sure that I'll be watching the anime of the season as it airs, and while I'm not sure what it is yet, I don't think it'll be that. :p

If I were to wager a guess as to what the best TV anime of spring 2016 will be, I would guess it'll be one of the following:

Concrete Revolutio S2
Diamond is Unbreakable
Joker Game
Kagewani S2
Kumamiko

Those seem to hold the most promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom