• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven't really kept up on Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Did it ever explain why Biscuit is the only fat guy on the team, and everyone else is ripped?

Exalted

Dimension W 8

Lots of action in this episode. Interested in knowing what will happen at ground zero.
Also Mira still as cute as ever.

qxrHwtP.png

Phantom World 8

VastDangerousAmericankestrel.gif

Fucking hilarious (and gorgeous) episode! So many giffable moments. That horse came out of nowhere and I lost my shit during that scene. Amazing. Beach Angels OVA plzKyoAnithnx

Every harem / shitty pandering LN shows should take notes. This is how its done motherfuckers.

I heard "beechy" and I thought they said Bitch Angels too.

The only negative about this episode was the sensei fanservice tease. Thats just cruel.

Kare Kane 26

Well, that's one way to end your show in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Told ya. Seriously tough, couldn't end up anywhere further from s.th. that could be considered a good stopping point.

That said, I can't say I expected much when the production went to shit in the previous episodes already.

And yeh, it's baffling to me that the Mangaka wasn't happy with the anime because the comedy is supposedly too prevalent over the romance and serious drama bits. My favorite aspect was how often and how well it jumps from one to the other. I've also started reading the manga and it feels pretty much the same tonally (even re-watched the first couple episodes of the anime, too (and still loving it)).

Gotta say, I really like the artwork of the manga. I'll likely read all of it, even if it appears to be damn long.

Rakugo - 08

Continues to be great. Though I wasn't a fan of the
(non-?) misunderstanding and how overly dramatic it was framed when the understated storytelling is otherwise so strong. Not like I can't see how this could work well by standing out in contrast, I still just don't think that scene was done well.

Galko - 08

To think that this would take my number one spot this season if ther wasn't Rakugo...but it really is good.

pbayne

High Q 21

Holy shit at Mad Dog's spike where he run in parallel to the net and Oikawa's perfect serve. Id laugh if Yamazaki botched up his serve again next week.

Komugi 8

Was there actually a main plot point foreshadowed? Who the hell is Princess-P?

Kokona displays the most brains of anyone so far. Tsukasa and Yuto better happen before this ends.

Nijirro Days 8

Fair play to Hasiba for standing up for himself and somewhat confessing. They are still an insanely cute couple.

zulux21

I'm also pretty sure that I'll be watching the anime of the season as it airs, and while I'm not sure what it is yet, I don't think it'll be that. :p

I would wager the only reason you don't think it will be that is because you haven't read the manga for that :p

in other news, if you would like to see skip beat localized for the north american market please sign up for the email alerts on the promo page Apparently the people running the campaign are using it to gauge interest and since a lot of people haven't signed up they are getting worried.

plus if you sign up for them you can see the preview campaign which will let you see how much better put together it is than the funimation kickstarter :p

Nice, did they say if it will be 12 or 24 episodes?

it's gotta be 22-26 episodes, the tournament arc is a long arc and would need that much to finish at a decent spot.

I would wager the only reason you don't think it will be that is because you haven't read the manga for that :p

in other news, if you would like to see skip beat localized for the north american market please sign up for the email alerts on the promo page Apparently the people running the campaign are using it to gauge interest and since a lot of people haven't signed up they are getting worried.

plus if you sign up for them you can see the preview campaign which will let you see how much better put together it is than the funimation kickstarter :p

it's gotta be 22-26 episodes, the tournament arc is a long arc and would need that much to finish at a decent spot.

I guess donaters dont care if its put together well or not, Funis at 85K of 150K now.

I thought Concrete Revolutio was shit? Watched the first two episodes and it didn't grab me. I see all these amazing animation webm's, but ... is it good? I love Shounen crap if that helps.

Concrete Revolutio is good. Honestly, after watching the show, I can't understand where many of the criticisms are coming from. I kept waiting for the show to hit the point where it becomes too convoluted but it never reached that point; it's dense but I never had much trouble following the main plot thrust. So I don't know.

Also smh at people saying Hero doesnt look good. It captures the feel quiet feel and the same guy which did the OST for Haikyuu? Amazing.

My Hero Academia just looks visually average, and the over-saturated colors hurt my eyes. It might end up better than the PV looks - I'd certainly be happy for that - but I don't see anything to be excited for.

The anime is 12 episodes from what I heard.

My Hero Academia is airing in the daytime, so it's almost certainly 2-cour.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is probably the best Digimon storyline since the original Digimon Adventure anime. Why aren't more of you playing it?!

I just started playing it last night! The audiovisual presentation is really slick so far.

Luckily Soma's 2nd season should end before the current arc, which is kinda bad

Well, the whole series is kinda bad, unfortunately. Maybe it could have been a good manga if it wasn't running in Shounen Jump.

Galko - 08

To think that this would take my number one spot this season if ther wasn't Rakugo...but it really is good.

This just makes me sad. :(

Zolf

So I haven't really kept up on Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Did it ever explain why Biscuit is the only fat guy on the team, and everyone else is ripped?

The other guys are front line soldiers, he's on the logistical side of things. Also not everybody is ripped, many of the kids are on the scrawny side.

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 4

So Riko wants to keep their identities a secret for pride. Heh. Ooh, I'm going to like this class. Seems to be a girls only school, at least at the moment. Kei is my favorite. So is Mirai at least temporarily returning to Earth once Spring Break ends? Riko really cares a lot about her fragile pride. Big Bad is mysterious for now. Mirai gets creative. For once we get a nice library. Took me a moment to realize they were being called to, which explains why everyone went into the library so quickly. Nice hide and seek battle. I like how Mirai's instincts > thinking still has her acting rationally instead of her blindly charging in and hoping for the best. Oh, and baby is born already. Looks cuter than Chiffon and Ai.

Those of you wanting a Precure to jump into, this one great so far.

Qurupeke

Dimension W 8
Y8Fw6Gl.png
AcjKB09.png

Poor Mira, she'll never get the attention she deserves from Mabuchi.

This was... good? I liked this episode a lot actually, it was nice seeing all these people clueless about the island and its state, and everyone working for their own agenda, like that KK guy. And I liked the action in this episode. I wonder how things will turn out with that homo sphere that's after men....

Doesn't really exist. Good writers like Togashi and Sorachi do fine.

I mean, sure, when he actually writes manga. And Sorachi doesn't count, he's a gorilla.

:(

Time to watch Galko-chan to lighten your mood! Seriously, I wasn't thinking much of it the first 3~ episodes, but there's actually a lot of pleasant character interaction.

Sex comedies aren't my thing. But anyway, the main reason I'm sad is not that people like Galko, but that the Comix Wave shorts that I've actually enjoyed this season have been almost entirely ignored.

pbayne

Gundam IBO 21

Didn't enjoy the ham fisted writing here. I wonder that'll they'll do with it but meh it somewhat dampened what should have a big emotional moment.

Action was nice though. Didn't expect Carta's team to be such jobbers.

+10 Intelligence for Space Guts. He's on the small list of people smart enough to shoot people when they're monolouging.

Sex comedies aren't my thing. But anyway, the main reason I'm sad is not that people like Galko, but that the Comix Wave shorts that I've actually enjoyed this season have been almost entirely ignored.

Funny that you say that, I've just recently read about it (due to some people talking about She and her Cat) and remembered that you liked it. I'll try it out sometime.

Yona of the Dawn 21

In Snow White with the Red Hair, Shirayuki's red hair causes her to get kidnapped by every random passerby and then scramble around for a while until Zen rides in to save her. In Yona of the Dawn, Yona deliberately uses her red hair to help her get kidnapped by a local ruler so she can infiltrate the slave deal he's about to pull off and help save women from being sold into the sex trade. Why does the former series even exist?

Yona of the Dawn 21

In Snow White with the Red Hair, Shirayuki's red hair causes her to get kidnapped by every random passerby and then scramble around for a while until Zen rides in to save her. In Yona of the Dawn, Yona deliberately uses her red hair to help her get kidnapped by a local ruler so she can infiltrate the slave deal he's about to pull off and help save women from being sold into the sex trade. Why does the former series even exist?

Why wouldnt one want a series where a very attractive prince with his very attractive bodyguard come to save you?

Cornbread78

Grimgar ep.8
Although the crying over Minato is getting a little old now, the battle with the goblins was pretty good. I can see they are starting to work on a "Hal" x Mary ship too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom