• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

I thought Concrete Revolutio was shit? Watched the first two episodes and it didn't grab me. I see all these amazing animation webm's, but ... is it good? I love Shounen crap if that helps.

Also smh at people saying Hero doesnt look good. It captures the feel quiet feel and the same guy which did the OST for Haikyuu? Amazing.

Qurupeke

Tbh, I'd like to say that but I'm a bit uncertain about some things and how they'll play out. In hindsight, I'm not satisfied with how S1 ended and it's mostly because they wanted to conclude the current storyline, that also leads to S2.

I thought Concrete Revolutio was shit? Watched the first two episodes and it didn't grab me. I see all these amazing animation webm's, but ... is it good? I love Shounen crap if that helps.

It's not shit and it's not shounen crap. It's a show with super heroes and it also has a weird timeline. It's good and I'd personally recommend to keep watching past episodes 1-2. Around 5-6 seems to be the point in which you can understand if it's for you or not.

If I were to wager a guess as to what the best TV anime of spring 2016 will be, I would guess it'll be one of the following:

Concrete Revolutio S2
Diamond is Unbreakable
Joker Game
Kagewani S2
Kumamiko

Those seem to hold the most promise.

I'm really interested in MHA. Mostly because I'm a big sucker for stories involving earnest young protagonists with big dreams and manly heroic dudes being awesome.

They're always so upbeat and have so much heart and charm to them.

Honestly that PV has me super hyped.

MHA will grab all the "casual" anime viewers though.

WELL EXCUUUUUUSE ME.

Here is a crossover of pokemon and BBB. It's really well done so It thought i'd share it

https://youtu.be/Fjupm5YKvtI

Holy crap that's awesome.

pbayne

I'm really interested in MHA. Mostly because I'm a big sucker for stories involving earnest young protagonists with big dreams and manly heroic dudes being awesome.

They're always so upbeat and have so much heart and charm to them.

Honestly that PV has me super hyped.

Same here. Not everything needs to be grim-dark. And PV was probably small scenes from episode one, not gonna blow their animation load too early.

Anyways...

Fuck finished a 40 hour stint of writing a thesis on a book about lesbian vampires.(Its not as awful as it sounds) Need Komugi and Haikyuu to pick myself back up.

Puruzi

Banned
lesbian vampires
XNcIpHo.png

Its not as awful as it sounds
VLG39zN.png

Raxus

26 weeks of dreading a BONES ending.

Already confirmed to be seasonal and the series has a good stopping point to end the season on.

The PV actually is hiding the one thing that would really show off the animation too for the first episode. I am actually kind of surprised how little they showed.

Sterok

Komugi R 8

Nobody respects Komugi. Yuto shows his fetish and really needs to think before he acts. Maid continues to be the sharp one of the bunch.

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 21

Mika's new weapon is sweet. Nice plan overall. Haha Akihiro. Man, Carta got routed.
Biscuit... damn it, I liked him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
set up a foundation to help the people that are still watching grimgar.

see: me.

duckroll

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is probably the best Digimon storyline since the original Digimon Adventure anime. Why aren't more of you playing it?!

Grimgar Episode 8

The song combined with the battle scene made it one of the most rewarding and epic scenes this season in anime. The part before it with Ranta and Hal was pretty funny, no one else really noticed?

I just dont think Im a fan of the constantly moving shaky cam'ish thing it does in action scenes. Feels a bit weird for anime.

Tbh, I'd like to say that but I'm a bit uncertain about some things and how they'll play out. In hindsight, I'm not satisfied with how S1 ended and it's mostly because they wanted to conclude the current storyline, that also leads to S2.

I'm really interested to see how they'll conclude the show. I wonder if they'll just straight-up continue some of the cliffhangers from the scenes that happened in the future. Praying for the episode 3 climax to be further animated.

I wonder if there will be an episode where Earth-chan is tainted and corrupted.

Kyuur

Here is a crossover of pokemon and BBB. It's really well done so It thought i'd share it

https://youtu.be/Fjupm5YKvtI

Really cute. I'm a sucker for that ED still, it should be crossed over with everything under the sun.

Been watching Tokyo Ghoul on Netflix, because I heard a lot of hype for it as it was airing.

Jesus what a pile of shit this is. The characters are boring as fuck, nothing ever happens, the plot I believe only just started around episode 10 and even then it's a shitty one, the acting is hammy and bad, the world building is basic at best, all the decent gory parts are censored to hell and back and what the hell at the offensive gay stereotypes?

Literally the only redeeming feature of this show is its artwork and op/ed, everything else is a terrible rehash of every "dark" shounen action anime before it.

I think it may have actually surpassed Sword Art Online as my least favourite anime.

The anime is really bad adaptation, and season 2 is even worse. If you want to try getting into the series again I'd recommend reading the manga from the beginning.

Really cute. I'm a sucker for that ED still, it should be crossed over with everything under the sun.

The anime is really bad adaptation, and season 2 is even worse. If you want to try getting into the series again I'd recommend reading the manga from the beginning.

I dont think they wouldnt be a fan of it, isnt s1 even a direct adaptation as well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 21:

Knew that was coming given the amount of heavy hinting but it still hurts to see the end result, also superior ED is back for this episode.

Russ T

Banned
Or you could just move past spoiler culture and enjoy the show regardless.

Preach.

My Hero Academia looks pretty good. Happy MC isn't the typical shrill-voiced shounen type. Really like the manga a lot. I'm always a sucker for upbeat shounen!

G tekketsu 21

I laughed when Guts shot one of the enemies when they were doing their formalities.

I'm really glad they used ORPHAAAAANS for the ED for this episode

koyomimono 08

I expected Shinobu next, not Ougi. I think this episode really proves that Arararagi is a bit of an idiot. I guess that depends on if you take the SHAFT visual techniques as stuff that is actually happening or not, but Ougi basically tells him "BE CAREFUL OF SNAKES. KNOW ANY SNAKES? ANYONE WHO YOU MIGHT CALL "SNAKE?" BE CAREFUL OF HER. I MEAN THEM."

Nadeko makes me uncomfortable just being on screen now.

mp100 won

Mob Psycho won already by the virtue of being a better series in the first place

Symphogeah Season 5 is announced.

because why the fuck not

Symphogeah is eternal.

I thought Concrete Revolutio was shit?

Correct

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is probably the best Digimon storyline since the original Digimon Adventure anime. Why aren't more of you playing it?!

"Its like Soul Hackers, but not good" - my review

Chindogg

Nijiiro Days 8

A rival appears
and is fucking destroyed by Nattchan's love!

Dimension W 8

Mira asserts herself then backs off. One day senpai will notice you Mira.

Grimgar 8

Episode of the season. Great fight with twists and turns and tons of character development to go around.
Has the harem begun?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Biscuit is pretty jacked.

Got some serious dad bod going on.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dimension W Episode 8:

This show really does love its backstory but in spite of that we are at last moving forward on things. Also, no I am not dropping this show because of Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom