• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the last major thing that was story event related was Rose
becoming a squire?
But the way it happened is so far from what happened in the game, that I wouldn't even consider it at that point.

But yes Rose
becoming a squire
was the last thing that related both the game and the anime I guess.

Wow, has there ever been a video game anime adaptation that straight up flipped the bird to the source material and started doing its own thing like that in a way that actually made it better before?

Future Card Buddyfight DDD [Triple D] Episode 45

Gaito finally getting the better dragon force was awesome. I still laugh in universe when the characters appear on their own moms.

I need Gao to get back involved, and his mom is harsh, not even his friends can get snacks, solidarity, awful.
C5o31oVWQAAHLFp.jpg:small

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
But the way it happened is so far from what happened in the game, that I wouldn't even consider it at that point.

But yes Rose
becoming a squire
was the last thing that related both the game and the anime I guess.

That being said, I'm wondering like what was the point of the Berseria episodes. Like... idk how they can properly create the characterizations of all the characters in Berseria to be meaningful in this show... Meh. W/e.

That being said, I'm wondering like what was the point of the Berseria episodes. Like... idk how they can properly create the characterizations of all the characters in Berseria to be meaningful in this show... Meh. W/e.
The first 2 Berseria episode were clearly just a promotion, but I liked them honestly. Seeing Oscar animated and all.

Eizen and Magilou and Laphicet are the only ones they can really push more imo.

kayos90

Wow, has there ever been a video game anime adaptation that straight up flipped the bird to the source material and started doing its own thing like that in a way that actually made it better before?

I was hoping Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works did this. I was only dreaming...

The first 2 Berseria episode were clearly just a promotion, but I liked them honestly. Seeing Oscar animated and all.

Oscar is the biggest scrublord in the game. He only exists to show how shitty the Abbey is sans the Legates.

I was hoping Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works did this. I was only dreaming...

Oscar is the biggest scrublord in the game. He only exists to show how shitty the Abbey is sans the Legates.
In the anime he looked really cool though and I admit that I really like his design.

Cornbread78

The story re-or and presentation for Zestiria have been amazing. I really hope they don'the cheese an early ending and actually announce a third season. This adaptation has been awesome.

kayos90

In the anime he looked really cool though and I admit that I really like his design.

I actually like Oscar, Teresa, Melchior, Shigure, and Artorius' design. They're all fantastic. Artorius is also a fucking awesome Villain. Heldalf is shit compared to him. Heldalf is just a wannabee edgelord.

God Eater? Ufotable leading the charge?

I actually like Oscar, Teresa, Melchior, Shigure, and Artorius' design. They're all fantastic. Artorius is also a fucking awesome Villain. Heldalf is shit compared to him. Heldalf is just a wannabee edgelord.

Lailah
is the true villain of Zestiria anyway.

Aki-at

Iria - End

6 episode and an enjoyable ride, good character designs, a decent world but the final fight wasn't great and felt lacklustre. Still I enjoyed it for the 90s nostelgia, then I watched some of the live action movie it's based on and I decided it wasn't for me.

Shadow Skill - 1

I remember watching this when I was younger so decided to hit it up again since I never watched the full series. For some reason, I feel like the show was a lot more violent then what I watched, the narrative of the episode felt sort of jumbled and the animations (Especially the mouths) were choppy through out. Might just continue with it for old time sake and some more nostelgia.

ClassicaLoid - 20

Another episode that deals with random and quirky humour of the series as Mozart's surpressing his need to create pranks results in a universal imbalance that causes pranks to naturally occur around him. Funny episode with plenty of laughs but the end song wasn't as great as I was hoping it would be. The build up was pretty cool though.

Aki-at

GunGrave pretty much plays out very different as an anime then it did as a video game. From minor things like Grave's traditional costume lasting like
-06-
episodes to major things in how the story ends.

Come on. Of all the years to whine about something, Zootopia winning best animated film is not the year.

I'm not whining it's the worst choice ever in the history of the academy awards. But there were better choices and ultimately it will boil down to "I didn't watch any of the other ones, my grandchildren liked this one". Should probably also be a failure of Your Name by not releasing nationwide in the US if they wanted the nomination.

duckroll

I'm not whining it's the worst choice ever in the history of the academy awards. But there were better choices and ultimately it will boil down to "I didn't watch any of the other ones, my grandchildren liked this one". Should probably also be a failure of Your Name by not releasing nationwide in the US if they wanted the nomination.

Can't tell if serious.

The story re-or and presentation for Zestiria have been amazing. I really hope they don'the cheese an early ending and actually announce a third season. This adaptation has been awesome.

I dunno, the remaining amount of relevant plot seems too little for an entire third season. All that's really left is for them to
uncover the history of Heldalf, Camlann, and Maotelus, and do something anime-original with Eizen
. I think it's perfectly doable within 4 episodes.

Zootopia is pretty good. I understand that people have their issues with it in regards to themes, but you gotta remember Crash won Picture of the Year once and Zootopia is way better then that

Clov

Personally I really enjoyed The Red Turtle and would have liked it to win, but Zootopia was good too. Much better than I was expecting it to be, to be honest.

Zootopia is pretty good. I understand that people have their issues with it in regards to themes, but you gotta remember Crash won Picture of the Year once and Zootopia is way better then that

I watched Crash and I can't fathom how that won. At least it gave me that scene at the beginning of the two black guys complaining about the white people being terrified of them in the nice area.

duckroll

Personally I really enjoyed The Red Turtle and would have liked it to win, but Zootopia was good too. Much better than I was expecting it to be, to be honest.

This is a legit good year for nominations. Zootopia, Monoa, Red Turtle, Kubo, all had good merits to win, and appealed greatly to different audiences. You want a bad year to bitch about? Bitch about this one:

Big Hero 6 – Don Hall, Chris Williams and Roy Conli
The Boxtrolls – Anthony Stacchi, Graham Annable and Travis Knight
How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Dean DeBlois and Bonnie Arnold
Song of the Sea – Tomm Moore and Paul Young
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya – Isao Takahata and Yoshiaki Nishimura

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Aki-at

Zootopia is one of the few animated features to correctly place the earphones in the ear of a rabbit character so it gets a thumbs up for attention to detail.

Didn't really expect any other film to win, animated features is usually an afterthought in these award ceremonies so it always goes down to the most popular.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 12 - The Last Chance (engdub)
C5pFGECWQAEhTZ4.jpg:small
C5pFGECXEAAhe1u.jpg:small

Aw I like how Taiyou is treated by both Chrono and now Kazuma great improvement and really cute scene.

Best episode for Team Trinity Dragon fans, Carl was extremely impressive even if he had the luck of the draw the whole cardfight. And Taiyou, wow very impressive cardfighting. Definitely will be one I cant wait to see upon rewatching all of cfvanguard from ep 1 someday.

has someone posted the blame trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwy806RC2-Q

Making me want to read the manga, but I don't recall being too wowed at the beginning.

Aight this trailer is assuaging a lot of my fears.

I am...well, I'll have to wait and see what the new characters add to this. It seems they have been added to maybe make people relate more to characters or something? I dunno. That feels against the atmosphere of the manga a bit. I dislike the framing of "the only hope for humanity" too.

But visually it certainly is a looker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom