• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that. I saw a screwshot of last weeks episode where Sorey said they were going to go purify Edna's brother.
Plus you mentioned that Sorey can purify dragons now, so I was asking if they actually purified Eizen this week in the anime and fully retconned him dying in the game.
Ohhhh sorey I misunderstood. As for your question then no.
They postponed it for after Heldalf.

Cornbread78

Were there more Berseria spoilers in this week's episode of Tales of Zestiria? I might just have to put off watching the show until I'm done the game if so. The major spoiler a couple weeks ago already pissed me off enough and reunited the end game plot for me....

Were there more Berseria spoilers in this week's episode of Tales of Zestiria? I might just have to put off watching the show until I'm done the game if so. The major spoiler a couple weeks ago already pissed me off enough and reunited the end game plot for me....

It was the same spoiler as the one from a few weeks ago.

SOLDIER

Been using the Funimation Now app on PS4, and I notice a half-second buffering every time I'm watching an episode.

This is pretty frustrating, especially as I had recently upgraded both my modem and router, and the speed tests confirm a significant boost. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the PS4 app itself, because I've also been using the app on my iPad at work and it streams just fine despite being a public WiFi.

Is there anything I can do here? Is it the app's fault, the PS4's, or what?

kewlmyc

ufotable spoiling the games, SMH

In Japan, the game has been out for half a year, and Ufotable is assuming anyone still interested in the Tales series has already beaten it, so I guess they don't really care anymore about spoilers.

I guess the spoiler your talking about is:
What Artorius's plan ultimately is?

Ascheroth

Yeah, that's preventing me from continuing as well. I skipped the spoiler from a few episodes ago, but having to be constantly on the lookout for more is annoying as fuck, since I haven't played Berseria yet but want to.

What is told this week is the start of the game.

In Japan, the game has been out for half a year, and Ufotable is assuming anyone still interested in the Tales series has already beaten it, so I guess they don't really care anymore about spoilers.

I believe the anime also spoiled the fact that
Magilou was the original Mayvin

Cornbread78

It was the same spoiler as the one from a few weeks ago.
Yeah, that's preventing me from continuing as well. I skipped the spoiler from a few episodes ago, but having to be constantly on the lookout for more is annoying as fuck, since I haven't played Berseria yet but want to.
What is told this week is the start of the game.
I believe the anime also spoiled the fact that
Magilou was the original Mayvin

Fu(k, I just spoiled myself on that one too, since I just quoted this.... Fu(k it all dammit.

I was just going to say that if I was already spoiler on
Artorious' plan,
then I shoudl be all-set, but nope, spoiler #2 right there, $^%@#$^#%^# %^

Oh well.

I started the game on launch, but I only play about 5-10 hours a week, so it takes me a long time to finish these game dammit.

Ascheroth

LWA 9

This was pretty weak.
What was happening and how everyone reacted to that was pretty dissonant as well.
Show should just stop trying to go for some emotional payoffs because it clearly sucks at that and should go full over-the-top magic fun like epiosde 8 all the way.

Fu(k, I just spoiled myself on that one too, since I just quoted this.... Fu(k it all dammit.

I was just going to say that if I was already spoiler on
Artorious' plan,
then I shoudl be all-set, but nope, spoiler #2 right there, $^%@#$^#%^# %^

Oh well.

I started the game on launch, but I only play about 5-10 hours a week, so it takes me a long time to finish these game dammit.

My bad, sorry about that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Little Witch Academia Episode 9:

I guess we needed to dramatically balance things with an absolute shitfest of an episode this week.

Cornbread78

Nana ep.6-7
4rnkNE6.jpg

I usually hate rehash episodes, however, this one did a great job remixing everything that happened in the first couple episodes and all of the back story information to bring everything up to current. I love how their personalities are completely different, yet there is a commonality between them and how they are entering a new world together.

Paltheos

Brynhildr in the Darkness

Yeah, I was pretty onboard with it at the start too (and yeah, the first OP is cool and the second one not!) and then it totally collapsed. Apparently what happened is the first few episodes, the ones which were paced nice and evenly, adapted the first several chapters of material, and from there the show accelerated up and up to cramming in dozens of chapters all at once into each episode, leaving a total mess that was (if) barely comprehensible.

Zestiria 21

I've been spoiled! And, man, this show's been going downhill taking some hits. The game's not perfect but it didn't marginalize the viewpoint that, yeah, sometimes people need to be killed, and muddy up the topic with a bunch of unrelated crap (Rose's personal issues). I really don't like
Sorey actually purifying a dragon
. I don't give a shit about the in-universe rule change, but I do care that it cuts away what was the conclusion of Sorey's character arc in the game.

But, um, yeah. Regarding 'killing people', in S1, the show handled the Scattered Bones much better than the game. They always seemed an implausible group to me, and the game's handling of them, from its repetition on them gathering intel on its proposed targets before accepting (how?) to them having a base in ruins in the woods for some reason despite also being a group of imminent merchants... I couldn't take them seriously (or having their leader just leave to follow Sorey and still managing their operations). The anime showed a much more intimate take to their assassinations that made me really feel they measured their targets. Plus they have a real base of operations! I mean, they're still implausible, but I could take them more seriously than I did before.

Eumi

So is it safe to say LWA isn't worth coming back to? I dropped it for the time being since I didn't have the time or mood for it but it sounds like it hasn't gone anywhere.

Moaradin

So is it safe to say LWA isn't worth coming back to? I dropped it for the time being since I didn't have the time or mood for it but it sounds like it hasn't gone anywhere.

It's good but if you didn't like it then it probably won't change your mind either.

kewlmyc

Nah, Zootopia is actually better then Your Name tbh

This isn't the year to be upset at the Academy being ignorant to Chinese cartoons

Truth spoken, and I think Your Name is a really good film. It's just that Zootopia is the best CG film Walt Disney Pictures has produced.

The only 2016 anime film that should be considered for a major award is A Silent Voice.

Damn shame no one in the USA has a way to see this in theaters. :mad:

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Sterok

Gabriel Dropout Satania Bullying 9

Satania has the right idea. They should be stirring up hell on Christmas. Hard to tell whether Raphi or Vigne is more cruel. Gab nearly ends the world via being drunk. Someone should take that horn away from her. Maybe give it to a trustworthy demon. Like Satania. Heaven has good security, to Gab's dismay. Which also stunts Satania's prospects at fame and fortune. Bad security.

So is konosuba doing well enough we could get more seasons? Second season has turned me around from 'I could either take it or leave it' to outright loving the show. Hoping we get more

Yamishibai s4 10

Hey, that was pretty alright.

LWA TV 09

Someone asked if this show was like Death Parade or Space Dandy where you can watch specific episodes that are good enough to be recommended but thats not quite accurate. LWA TV is more akin to Kyoukai no Kanata where the show is generally bad outside of one episode. Since this is 2cour if we are lucky we might get two more episodes worth watching!

That said the episode is about necromancy, typically the most reviled and restricted magic in every single fictional universe with magic, except for time/space altering magic and demon shit. Nobody really seems to care here though!

Clov

The only 2016 anime film that should be considered for a major award is A Silent Voice.

I still haven't had an opportunity to see A Silent Voice, but in terms of 2016's anime films I'm very fond of Doukyusei. It's not an especially ambitious or lengthy film, but I did find it well directed and animated. It's a simple story told in vignettes, but told well. I'm a bit biased though; as an LGBT viewer I appreciate whatever positive representation I can get in the medium, which has a pretty bad track record with regards to that.

This year certainly is turning out very good for anime films though, between Yuasa's projects, Yonebayashi's film, and Koike's Goemon movie. At least to me, it seems like there's a lot to be excited about.

Cornbread78

Princess Nine ep.11
8kjU08s.jpg

This good 'ol boy network needs to leave the scene and stop trying to be roadblocks to gender equality in baseball, lol. Outside of that, looks like the past will finally come to light with Ryo's father and his baseball career.

Tiger Mask W 12

The difference between Miss X's enthusiastic announcement of Tiger the Dark and halfhearted announcement of Tiger Mask was like the difference between the announcements of the home team and away team lineups when I go to a baseball game.

Cornbread78

Princess Nine ep.12
That idol chick really pisses me off and I'm surprised the girls haven;t code red'd her sorry princess a$$ by now. She really needs a beat down. Mao's growth is definitely the thing needed most though. She definitely holds the key to everything working out correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom