• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Question, whats our rule about embedding images for new episodes? I have this image from the Kotoura-San episode that came out today. For future reference, low long should I wait before embedding images? or am I allowed to now?

You can embed images, just be sure they aren't spoilers.
If you're not sure just link it like you did and label as such.

PsionBolt

Robotics;Notes 16

Well things happened this episode. That's a change. Unfortunately, most of those things were nonsensical and completely out of the blue. Literally in one case -
a bigass pile of monopoles just happened to fall out of the sky and into our heroes' laps in between episodes.
The other developments were less outlandish, but still kind of nuts.
The shop lady dying because her robolegs are suddenly evil for no reason
was infuriating, but mainly due to Kai's inadequacy, so that's expected in a way.
Mister Player Desu being apparently crushed by the club robot because of high winds
was also absurd, but I don't expect it to have lasting consequences, so it's just kind of eh.

I don't know what I want from this show, but if it were airing in a better season, it might not even have made my watching list...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Haganai S2 05:

I agree, actual mayonnaise would have made Mayo Chiki even better. Also, do not fuck with Rika when she's trying to indoctrinate someone.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Haganai S2 05:

I agree, actual mayonnaise would have made Mayo Chiki even better. Also, do not fuck with Rika when she's trying to indoctrinate someone.

I don't know what this is, but I had some bacon today, and I put mayonnaise all over that bitch. Shit was incredible.

RurouniZel

Well, time for another drink and the rest of School Days!

Big-Boss-Salute.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Robotics;Notes 16

Well things happened this episode. That's a change. Unfortunately, most of those things were nonsensical and completely out of the blue. Literally in one case -
a bigass pile of monopoles just happened to fall out of the sky and into our heroes' laps in between episodes.
The other developments were less outlandish, but still kind of nuts.
The shop lady dying because her robolegs are suddenly evil for no reason
was infuriating, but mainly due to Kai's inadequacy, so that's expected in a way.
Mister Player Desu being apparently crushed by the club robot because of high winds
was also absurd, but I don't expect it to have lasting consequences, so it's just kind of eh.

I don't know what I want from this show, but if it were airing in a better season, it might not even have made my watching list...

I don't know what you want from it either. This episode basically delivered everything S;G fans watching this were waiting for.

To address your concerns:

1 -
They'll obviously explain the thing with the monopoles later.
2 -
What could Kai have done to help her? The thing almost broke her back. The only thing he coul've hoped to do was stall it until it stopped moving for some random reason.
3 -
It wasn't because of the high winds that the thing fell. Well, also because of that; but did you miss the previous scenes in which it was made clear that his movement was wrong?

I'm not going to defend the first half of this show, just like I won't defend the first half of S;G - either you enjoy the characters interacting while nothing actually happens, or you don't -, but I will defend this episode. It honestly sounds like you went out of your way to search for complaints while watching it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know what you want from it either. This episode basically delivered everything S;G fans watching this were waiting for.
It's like you're goading me into posting more Robo;Notes impressions. I just want it to not be terrible. Is that asking for too much?

Nafe

Poor Chihaya. She just wants to name one of them Gonzalez. :(

Also, Mad Pierrot, this is the image of the girl with the coloured eyelashes I was talking about if you haven't seen it due to possibly skipping pages or whatever. http://i.imgur.com/UOdex0v.gif

--

Its Trejo's Bday? How do you know?

He posted what it was right here in the thread. Around new years I noticed some posters had publically posted their birthdays and with some coming up soon I figured why not wish them a happy birthday when the day comes?

A few members had their birthday's just one day apart in January which led to a discussion about them and some posted what theirs was with trejo being one of them. I remembered it since it was the next closest coming up as far as the ones I had seen.

Didn't they adapt virtually the entire thing in the OVA? There wouldn't have been enough material to justify remaking the whole thing.

(for people not kanji-literate Mitsuho is talking about Denpateki-na Kanojo, an OVA from 2009)

I personally like Denpa teki na Kanojo and I think there are three books with the first OVA covering the first book and the second OVA covering the third book with the second book unadapted.

PsionBolt

To address your concerns:

1 -
They'll obviously explain the thing with the monopoles later.
2 -
What could Kai have done to help her? The thing almost broke her back. The only thing he coul've hoped to do was stall it until it stopped moving for some random reason.
3 -
It wasn't because of the high winds that the thing fell. Well, also because of that; but did you miss the previous scenes in which it was made clear that his movement was wrong?

I'm not going to defend the first half of this show, just like I won't defend the first half of S;G - either you enjoy the characters interacting while nothing actually happens, or you don't -, but I will defend this episode. It honestly sounds like you went out of your way to search for complaints while watching it.

Well, sure. I just wasn't enthralled by that delivery, I guess. I enjoyed Steins;Gate and the first half of Chaos;Head quite a bit, and Robotics;Notes just lands a couple points lower out of ten for me. It's a regrettable waste of an awesome setup. But maybe the last few episodes will redeem it, who knows. I'm still watching.

1 - I hope so. I just laughed at how it was handled in this episode.
2 -
Well, another couple of suplexes to one side could probably have broken it, since it smashed pretty completely from the fall. I don't blame him morally for not thinking logically.
It just made the scene hard to watch. What's that word for transitive-embarassment?
3 - Yeah, I caught that. Still, if
the wind had held off gusting for a minute or two, nothing would have happened. Mr. Player Desu thought it was fine to run alongside it specifically because it falling over is just not something that seemes reasonable to happen.

RurouniZel

He posted what it was right here in the thread. Around new years I noticed some posters had publically posted their birthdays and with some coming up soon I figured why not wish them a happy birthday when the day comes?

You are a better human being than I will ever be. I have trouble remembering people's names and birthdays. :(

cajunator

Banned
Poor Chihaya. She just wants to name one of them Gonzalez. :(
Also, Mad Pierrot, this is the image of the girl with the coloured eyelashes I was talking about if you haven't seen it due to possibly skipping pages or whatever. http://i.imgur.com/UOdex0v.gif
A few members had their birthday's just one day apart in January which led to a discussion about them and some posted what theirs was with trejo being one of them. I remembered it since it was the next closest coming up as far as the ones I had seen.
I personally like Denpa teki na Kanojo and I think there are three books with the first OVA covering the first book and the second OVA covering the third book with the second book unadapted.

In that case, my birthday is May 19th.
Dont forget!

In that case, my birthday is May 19th.
Dont forget!

It's easy to remember it's one month before my girlfriend (which means you're older ~_^) Edit: <- this is a joke

By the way hank you for your good recommendation on Spice & Wolf.

I'm considering to see the elves anime now. You are a wise advisor.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit 71 (eng dub)
tumblr_mhvt9yM8Nd1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mhvt9yM8Nd1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Three cardfights taking place at the same time seemed like it would be a pretty difficult thing to do but it worked well. Kamui's was my favorite of the three with Misaki's being the least entertaining, though fortunately she was paired against a guy finally and not the typical girl power type matches they liked to have her with. Kamui's Beast Deity Azure Dragon was my favorite card this episode. Miwa as Assistant Manager in Card Capital is really funny and intriguing, like it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well, sure. I just wasn't enthralled by that delivery, I guess. I enjoyed Steins;Gate and the first half of Chaos;Head quite a bit, and Robotics;Notes just lands a couple points lower out of ten for me. It's a regrettable waste of an awesome setup. But maybe the last few episodes will redeem it, who knows. I'm still watching.

1 - I hope so. I just laughed at how it was handled in this episode.
2 -
Well, another couple of suplexes to one side could probably have broken it, since it smashed pretty completely from the fall. I don't blame him morally for not thinking logically.
It just made the scene hard to watch. What's that word for transitive-embarassment?
3 - Yeah, I caught that. Still, if
the wind had held off gusting for a minute or two, nothing would have happened. Mr. Player Desu thought it was fine to run alongside it specifically because it falling over is just not something that seemes reasonable to happen.

I didn't feel the way you did about scene #2, but it's understandable that you felt that way. I don't understand what's wrong with scene #3, though.
I mean, accidents happen. Accidents are also a plot device! He's probably not dead, though.
That'd be way too much for just one episode.

No. I know it will be bad though.

Give it a whirl.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Birthdays and astrological signs. Serious business.

LOL

no not that...

Shcool days, 11, i think

Hahah, Okay, Makoto k
nocked up seike
and they blurted it in fron t of the entire class, LMAO.. dude is a fucking idiot, be. While he has a threesome, no a foursome??! at his place. Sekai is planning to
have a baby
, (dude its called the PLAN B pill), while Katsune is still hodling out for him. Makoto tries to apologize, but I think it's too late....

DUDE I can'tbelieve this dude!

no not that...

Shcool days, 11, i think

Hahah, Okay, Makoto k
nocked up seike
and they blurted it in fron t of the entire class, LMAO.. dude is a fucking idiot, be. While he has a threesome, no a foursome??! at his place. Sekai is planning to
have a baby
, (dude its called the PLAN B pill), while Katsune is still hodling out for him. Makoto tries to apologize, but I think it's too late....

DUDE I can'tbelieve this dude!
Have a couple more drinks before starting the last episode. Or maybe save them for after? Not sure what would be better.

Moonlight

Banned
Weekend time. Thinking of starting Spice & Wolf as well. Too tired to watch Revolutionary Girl Utena right now. Maybe later tonight when I'm done watching hockey. Anything else happy and lighthearted (is S&W even happy and lighthearted, now that I think about it?) that I should consider?
While both seasons have quite dramatic climaxes (with S2's being far better than S1's), on the whole, I would call most of it fairly light. It's driven and made whole entirely by the chemistry between Holo and Lawrence, and they're just an absolute joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom