• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperfocused community threads do nothing but further isolate topics from broader discussion. Good for things like K-on, less so for Jojo.

Implying K-on even has a fraction of the iconic history behind it as JoJo. It's like saying Final Fantasy doesn't deserve a community thread while Recettear does.

cajunator

Banned
I got the joke, I just thought I was turning it on its head. Guess not lol. At the couple fye's ice been to lately, I probably couldn't buy much anime even if I wanted to, cause the anime racks look like they've been hit by fucking nukes. You couldn't find stuff in those sections to save your life.

The one here still has stuff in the anime section in order, just all mixed together with old and new.

And yet you had no problems with the poorly encoded Sentai release of Penguindrum. Funny that.

Because its a bluray release, silly. Artifacting doesnt bother me because its still HD. Its better than the alternatives. Funny that indeed.

Imaishi did work hard on those CGI Black Rock Shooter fight scenes...

edit: PrecureGAF should be ashamed. When are they gonna make their own Community? smh

Mad Pierrot keeps saying he would love to make the OP.
I'd make it if I had any proficiency with such things.

They took over that loli thread on gaming side for a couple of pages.

I really, really need to watch Precure. Anything. Except the shitty ones.

You really need to watch Futari wa Precure first and branch out from there.

Narag

Mobile Suit Gundam 4

Amuro's constant fidgeting with his collar is such a neat little quirk. It sort of reveals how uncomfortable he is in his current role.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 4

Hahahaha, WOW, the only thing George is missing to be the Frenchiest Frenchy of all time is frog legs, a beret, and the phony accent. Bwahahahaa. This show is silly and great. Also, whycome Domon don't appreciate Rain?

the Napoleon Gundam is, with the Tequila Gundam one of the most hilarious ones.

Cardfight!! Vanguard 37 ~ 39: Back to the regional. looks like they are going to awaken to some weird psychic skill soon. Good. Talking cards was really what was missing so far ^^

Theonik

Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei 01
I guess I'll keep watching, remembering posts here from a few months ago it should be worth it, and based on what people said about the manga ending there is a ton of foreshadowing even from EP1?

Vividred Operation 01
So time to get to this, looks pretty goofy but fun. That :SD Burton. Will keep watching for the butts.

Narag

Everything I know about Gundam 00 I learned from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, but if that's any indication, then yes, Setsuna is annoying as hell. I absolutely hated the missions that forced me to play as him, just because I had to hear WE ARE GUNDAM WE ARE GUNDAM WE ARE GUNDAM ad nauseam.

Setsuna's all right. Damaged goods and a fanatic but all right.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 4

Also, whycome Domon don't appreciate Rain?

He's damaged goods too!

wonzo

Banned
Because its a bluray release, silly. Artifacting doesnt bother me because its still HD. Its better than the alternatives. Funny that indeed.
Hmm yes, we're all very much well aware of your complete lack of standards when it comes to pretty much anything and I'm sure you'd have no issues whatsoever if a western release of Hyouka ended up looking like this.

Jintor

Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei 01
I guess I'll keep watching, remembering posts here from a few months ago it should be worth it, and based on what people said about the manga ending there is a ton of foreshadowing even from EP1?

Don't bother worrying about a coherent plot, it's there in a sense but only because even skit shows move forward in a linear direction through time. Just enjoy the skits.

Kotoura-San 8

Overall great episode
Never would have guessed that the gift Manabe got Kotoura was a photo locket. Also kind of ironic that this weeks episode was about Kotoura having a cold considering I have one this week >.<

Also...
Dai%20Eyes.png

Holy crap he has eyes!

Edit:
Holy Cliffhangers! Wow that was an unexpected turn

Narag

How else would I get a bluray of Penguin Drum?
I'm not going to miss out on something just because the release isnt perfect. It might be the only version of the show we ever get.

Terrible releases is all anyone deserves if they support them. I'm not entirely innocent here though as I have that first Samurai Champloo bluray release.

cajunator

Banned
Terrible releases is all anyone deserves if they support them. I'm not entirely innocent here though as I have that first Samurai Champloo bluray release.

I'm just asking HOW ELSE would a person get a bluray copy of PenguinDrum if they cant understand raw japanese? What other option is there? I do try to get the best version of things. thats why I double dip stuff sometimes. But if its the ONLY option what other choice is there?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Implying K-on even has a fraction of the iconic history behind it as JoJo. It's like saying Final Fantasy doesn't deserve a community thread while Recettear does.
I am failing to find the relevance of this "iconic history". Not that I brought it up or in any way implied I cared about it. I was making a joke that I did not want to see or hear about K-on.

Now there are three different places to talk about the Jojo anime. That's really great. Really.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I'm just asking HOW ELSE would a person get a bluray copy of PenguinDrum if they cant understand raw japanese? What other option is there? I do try to get the best version of things. thats why I double dip stuff sometimes. But if its the ONLY option what other choice is there?
Abstain.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I am failing to find the relevance of this "iconic history". Not that I brought it up or in any way implied I cared about it. I was making a joke that I did not want to see or hear about K-on.

Now there are three different places to talk about the Jojo anime. That's really great. Really.
Why would you not want to hear about K-ON?

Shergal

Usagi Drop 6-6.5

zurakousagidrop06v2bd72.jpg

The episodes are starting to seem gradually shorter :(.
Nice that we got some Rin and Kouki interaction, and of course I died at the ultra heartwarming moment at the end of the episode. Great stuff.

The ED is really awesome too. High, High, High! &#9834;&#9834;

Articalys

Haganai NEXT 8

And that's half of volume 7 down. Next episode should take care of the other half (including a quick character intro that was skipped this time), and will have the scenes I've been waiting to see for a while now.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Haganai NEXT 08:

Did shit just get real? I believe that for a moment there, shit just got real.

Anyhoo, it looks like we essentially have a conflict brewing between Yozora and Sena, but of a different sort than before, and one that hits Yozora much more in the gut. What really stood out to me was how Sena didn't even flinch when Yozora approached her, which is definitely a change in character for her. Perhaps she's growing more immune to Yozora's intimidation, or maybe she just knew she was right this time.

Though on the lighter side of things, the scene at the movie was hilarious. This is why you read about a movie before going to see it, kids!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kotoura-san 8

Pretty fun episode. Kotoura is adorable even when
she's sick
. Stuff at the end, though...damn.
DESPAIR EYES ARE BACK! And...is this about to turn into some sort of police procedural or something? :lol The preview makes the next episode look like one of those "detective who can read minds" shows on CBS or something. :lol

ZETSUEN 20
Zetsuen%20no%20Tempest%20-%2020.jpg

Such a great joke

Well well i guess it's time for next week to see hakase take the beating of her life.
As for this turn of events, anyone who couldn't see it coming really didn't pay attention to the hints given.

Lots of talking in this episode , mostly to talk about stuff we already knew or we could guess by ourselves or to gave fake hints to confuse the viewer.

Still it wasn't bad. i hope the ones responsibles for the episode 2 & 3 are in staff for the enxt episode because i need the next episode properly animated.

Novid

Banned
That Dasuki annousment - could be a lead in to SonyNet (that TV IP service that Kaz talked about that HAS to be apart of the PS4 Online ecosystem in some form.)

Vividred Operation 8

iL8wSZKKl8OuU.jpg

This week I didn't even mind the lack of great butt shots.

Great great GREAT episode.
I can't believe a show without much screentime of its main character was so good. The music, the abandoning of Tokyo in case it had to be destroyed along with the Alone, the awesome power of friendship nonsense. Brilliant
. I hope even one of the future episodes will be as good as this one.

Articalys

Robotics;Notes 19

OH SHIT HERE WE GO

ibtnkw8dd5qg1T.gif

I knew it was going to get to this point eventually, it was only a matter of time.

The level of science bullshit in this series has now officially far surpassed Steins;Gate.
Also now we have a definite villain who I really really want to see get his virtual ass deleted with prejudice

Vividred Operation 8

Great great GREAT episode.
I can't believe a show without much screentime of its main character was so good. The music, the abandoning of Tokyo in case it had to be destroyed along with the Alone, the awesome power of friendship nonsense. Brilliant
. I hope even one of the future episodes will be as good as this one.
It was a great episode "by the book" it was well done , but nothing groundbreaking.

Still it was highly enjoyable.

Ah same though it was with my Horizon set, so odd when the a visual issue was present for several minutes until end of episode :/

I'm sorry but why is your screenshot so huge , yet so full of pixels ?

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Episode 8

They could have had a few more close scenes in the train car, but I guess I did like Shino laying on Sousuke's lab. Otherwise nice train and some hilarious yet emotional drama. Really good episode all around. Still remains my favorite anime of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom