• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haganai NEXT 08:

Did shit just get real? I believe that for a moment there, shit just got real.
I refuse to believe that shit is real in this show. :p

Kotoura-san 8

Well that was interesting. It was funny when Minabe was testing his theory. Also from the previews seems she is going to be
psychic to help solve crimes

It'd be an interesting way to work in one of the earlier plot threads from the show which they keep bringing up but never address anyway.

wonzo

Banned
Ai-Mai-Mi 9
aimaimi9.jpg
aimaimi9a.jpg

aimaimi9b.jpg
aimaimi9c.jpg

... I should be use to just how mentally deranged this show is but sometimes it just blows away my expectations. what the fuck

Kuromajo 25

kuromajo25.jpg

Hmm, maybe it's just me but I really doubt that a tree spirit would take over someones body just to mess with a couple of books in an elementary school library.

Puchimas 44

puchimasu44.jpg

Gonzalez owned the shit outta those pathetic scrubs.

Kannaduki no Miko 5

Episode opened up to two mecha duking it the fuck out and I was left wondering why I disliked it. Then the characters started talking and I remembered! Episode drags so bad too such that 20 minutes feels like 3 hours.

Related, I'd like to apologize to the appropriate parties for this post I made concerning this show. I was young and naive.

lol. I guarantee that I'll finish this awful series someday.

Is that good or bad? I were told I should watch this but it was the same people that said I should watch Hetalia. (and that SAO is a great anime) so I have no trust!

Nyanpire is ok. Not really essential to watch but it's only just under 40 minutes total so you can quickly go through all 12 episodes of this if you wanted to.

Edit: I only agree with the watching Hetalia part of that statement. The dub is a lot of fun. SAO can die in a hole.

wonzo

Banned
Is that good or bad? I were told I should watch this but it was the same people that said I should watch Hetalia. (and that SAO is a great anime) so I have no trust!
If those aren't gigantic warning signals telling you to avoid then I just don't know what is.

Theonik

Vividred Operation 02
So much delicious :SD Burton also naturally butts. I forgot to mention that the Henshin in this show is very impressive. Certainly one of the better ones I've seen down recently noting I've been watching stuff like Smile PreCure. I don't know if it's intentional, but that tomato scene made me realise the MC's butt looks like the tomatoes she gave the other character. Btw this is a show about butts, did I tell you that? Dat docking and tomato hate.

Too early to tell.
But "welp" can't be a good thing right?

To be far, Hetalia is only 5 minutes long per episode. And does provide a somewhat accurate lesson on history. Much more useful and better than SAO can ever hope to be.

cajunator

Banned
Robotics;Notes 19

OH SHIT HERE WE GO

ibtnkw8dd5qg1T.gif

The level of science bullshit in this series has now officially far surpassed Steins;Gate.
Also now we have a definite villain who I really really want to see get his virtual ass deleted with prejudice

But the science in Steins;Gate worked well for it.

Thats how the blu ray looks for several minutes of the episode :/

well thats way worse than the PenguinDrum discs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well...think it's time to watch iM@S 16. I've been putting it off since I heard it was kinda terrible, but...might as well get it over with. My body is l@dy.

Articalys

So, remember that Lucky Star spinoff manga Miyakawa-ke no Kufuku that was getting an anime? It's now confirmed to be animated by Ordet and Encourage Films, with YUTAKA YAMAMOTO AS DIRECTOR. The OP will be sung in-character by Konata and Kagami, but no word if Aya Hirano and Emiri Katou got dragged back into the roles.

Oh, and it's not even going to air via Niconico or anything like that, but instead it'll air on Ustream of all places starting in the Spring.

Novid

Banned
i find it funny. very funny. the most "progressive" animes are the ones with hometowns and lifes (that would be queens blade - 1, 2, OVA, and 3 season) and not the "kids" shows that supposed to teach how to be nice to one anouther while beating the bad guys. I would cry but why complain while i have a whole music genre predicated on hometowns and lifes?

zeroshiki

So, remember that Lucky Star spinoff manga Miyakawa-ke no Kufuku that was getting an anime? It's now confirmed to be animated by Ordet and Encourage Films, with YUTAKA YAMAMOTO AS DIRECTOR. The OP will be sung in-character by Konata and Kagami, but no word if Aya Hirano and Emiri Katou got dragged back into the roles.

Oh, and it's not even going to air via Niconico or anything like that, but instead it'll air on Ustream of all places starting in the Spring.

Yamakan is gonna teach Takemoto and KyoAni how Lucky Star really should be done :lol

Ultimadrago

I thought of something recently that I wanted to tell you to watch, but I've since forgotten it. The last movie that really made a big impression on me was a (live action) film about French prostitutes and something tells me that wasn't it...

Feel free to tell me if it comes to mind!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Goldfish Warning!] 45
This show is super racist against non-mammalians or non-aves. It reminds me of the Muppet Christmas Carol movie with the singing vegetables. The implications of actively eating another sentient species are simply too much for me.

SAVE are probably the only time I wont buy a Funianime, dont understand why they make that border and stuff so big.

Thank goodness the Sengoku Basara s1 and s2 combo set in JUNE isnt SAVE.

I just finished Gungrave on Netflix. It was starting to get a bit stupid with all the transformations and Mika whining but the ending saved the show from drowning in centipede feces. I admit I teared up.

Psycho Pass 19
tumblr_miyjkb7EjK1qf0wcco1_500.gif

People earlier made it seem like a wordy dull episode. Sure there were esoteric references to books and authors Id never heard of or read or that I had to go on wiktionary for a few of the high level vocabulary employed, but it was really compelling and dramatic. The intense feelings from Ginoza were highly memorable and made me really want to rally even more behind him and the discussion among Kogami and such really was a blast and actually intense there. Really excited for where this is going and if they can actually be successful.
To think agriculture would have that huge of a role in bringing down the system.
. Best random moment outside of Kogami's smile, actually did like that other scene where they imagined talking to Shogo. Perhaps someday they will actually meet and have a real lengthy conversation.

Lain

Psycho-Pass 19

The start of the episode had me a bit preoccupied with what kind of quality I could expect from the rest of it, but it wasn't bad. The part with all the quoting was cute on one hand and a bit lame on the other.
I did appreciate Gynoza here, at least he's resolute enough now. Instead I'm scared about what they might have in mind for Akane.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well, ignoring Nico preview stuff and the GuP episodes, the first anime of Spring season is urrmmm wtf, My Little Pony on 4/2? There is also Train Hero and DD Fist of the North Star also on 4/2.
Shouldn't the Anime Mirai niconico streams be near the beginning of March?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Psycho-Pass 19

The start of the episode had me a bit preoccupied with what kind of quality I could expect from the rest of it, but it wasn't bad. The part with all the quoting was cute on one hand and a bit lame on the other.
I did appreciate Gynoza here, at least he's resolute enough now. Instead I'm scared about what they might have in mind for Akane.

What they're planning I have no idea but it's easy to guess why it's happening to her honestly. They've alluded to it for a long while.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The iDOLM@STER 16

Well that was...okay I guess? Still REALLY don't see the need for Bob Evil...I mean, President Kuroi. Or Jupiter, for that matter. This really isn't the sort of show I expected to have blatantly evil antagonists
although the show has made it clear that Jupiter aren't really evil, just kinda dicks, and being manipulated by Kuroi. I'm sure by the end there'll be a "YOU WERE USING US ALL ALONG" moment between them and Kuroi

And the Hibiki-specific parts were...just kinda boring, I guess. Compared to some of the other idols' issues, hers really didn't seem very important at all. Even less so than Iori's. And there really wasn't even any resolution, either. Meh.

Narag

Nyanpire 3-12

vohs2vzl.jpg

Such a progressive series.

Alrigtht, that was pretty amusing. Nice to have another short series that can handle humor well and doesn't overstay its welcome. Also there's plenty of Jun Fukuyama for all the Jun Fukuyama fans I know are around here.

@Theonik: Honor the covenant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom