• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Oh, certainly, I guess I was just using "science bullshit" as a poor choice of words for "fictiony level of science fiction" if that makes any sense.

Yeah. It makes total sense.

But it looks cute. It can't be that bad right? :cajun

Oh man. some cute things are terrrrrrible.

i find it funny. very funny. the most "progressive" animes are the ones with hometowns and lifes (that would be queens blade - 1, 2, OVA, and 3 season) and not the "kids" shows that supposed to teach how to be nice to one anouther while beating the bad guys. I would cry but why complain while i have a whole music genre predicated on hometowns and lifes?

hometown. life. hometown and life. hometown hometown life life, hometown and life!

Thinking about watching Great Teacher Onizuka, Anime-GAF. I saw it once like, six years ago. Should I go for it again?

Absolutely!

Yep, it's pretty awful. Which is a bit weird since I think Funi generally does a good job (at least lately) with their box arts.

I think the Anime Classics line is pretty subtle.
Ergo-Proxy-Anime-Classic.jpg
Ai-Yori-Aoshi-Anime-Classic.jpg

Ai yori Aoshi <3 Classic indeed.

Syrinx

Futari Wa Pretty Cure 1

Oh God, the sound quality on this is fucking abysmal. Jesus, is Crunchyroll using bootlegs for their streams? Or is this consistent?

I can tell those mipo and mepo fuckers are going to annoy the hell out of me. Nerdy girl's cute though. And the villain, in magical girl fashion, is totally fabulous. Though he looks like he belongs more in a shitty 80s hair metal band than anything else.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Futari Wa Pretty Cure 1

Oh God, the sound quality on this is fucking abysmal. Jesus, is Crunchyroll using bootlegs for their streams? Or is this consistent?

I can tell those mipo and mepo fuckers are going to annoy the hell out of me. Nerdy girl's cute though. And the villain, in magical girl fashion, is totally fabulous. Though he looks like he belongs more in a shitty 80s hair metal band than anything else.
You should be watching Heartcatch instead.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Pretty Cure 1

I dont like mipple/mepple very much but Porun is ADORABLE. But he comes in later on.
The firsthalf of the show is very reminiscent of Sailor Moon, except that Nagisa and honoka are a million times better than Usagi.

Syrinx

You should be watching Heartcatch instead.

Eh, cajunator said this was good (though he'll like just about anything if it's cute), and I guess it just made sense to watch this one first. I'll move onto Heartcatch early if I get tired of this for whatever reason.

I dont like mipple/mepple very much but Porun is ADORABLE. But he comes in later on.
The firsthalf of the show is very reminiscent of Sailor Moon, except that Nagisa and honoka are a million times better than Usagi.

Well I can tell that much, but it seems it's just the two of them, and they don't have winners like the rest of the senshi coming in. I'll just have to see if they can carry the show on their own.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Wat.

Porun was god awful. :lol

Blast of Tempest 20
tumblr_miy6t3kKyg1qc8nrmo1_500.png

Poor Hanemura, lol. Yoshino and Mahiro contributed some of the best lines and Salmon's "joke" was funny.
It would be interesting if Hakaze ended up killing Aika and then Mahiro having to kill her, or worst, having to kill Yoshino.

But really the whole second half and final minutes was so mindblowing. My prediction was so wrong.
I thought Yoshino was going to be the Mage of Exodus. He has the personality and everything for it unless after death it can transfer to someone else? But for Aika to be so knowing about things, and when she randomly appeared on the roof, that was kind of a mouth dropping moment, but still not as much as that random firey sword just popping out, what in the world. Though I guess this means, Hakaze did end up killing Aika, based on the Mage of Exodus thing

Really good.

cajunator

Banned
Eh, cajunator said this was good (though he'll like just about anything if it's cute), and I guess it just made sense to watch this one first. I'll move onto Heartcatch early if I get tired of this for whatever reason.

Well I can tell that much, but it seems it's just the two of them, and they don't have winners like the rest of the senshi coming in. I'll just have to see if they can carry the show on their own.

They carry it pretty well. Its only 49 episodes.
Nagisa and Honoka are pretty great characters though. I like both of them quite a lot.
The show does get repetitive because its only two of them and they spam the same few attacks the whole time but its still charming to watch.

Syrinx

[Goldfish Warning!] 35

No! Not the melons!

The most fanservice I've seen in this show. Yet...

This episode of Goldfish Warning! is brought to you by Dedication Through Light.

What the fuck is with that girl's panties (please don't say it's a diaper)? Is there a turd sitting in them or something?

cajunator

Banned
That vividred thread is definitely going to help our cause.
And someone in the geek gaf thread asked why people collect things....

CorvoSol

GTO 1

So where to start? Eikichi (sp?) Onizuka is a 22 year old deadbeat who has just scored a prime HS student teaching job. He's got a thing for HS girls, and he gets tempted by them in this episode. The high point of the show is the faces, though. Onizuka makes the funniest faces of all. Anyway, he reforms his crappy class by beating the snot out of the boys and having a heart-to-heart with the class bitch. The beginning of the Legend is now! And destroying the wall between her parents' rooms with a giant hammer. Which is both badass and heartwarming.

ohlawd

cajunator

Banned
hiya cajun ;o

I'm still watching anime but now I put it off for weeks hahah. That's why I haven't posted :/

DTL proves that, yup.

It can't be if he's this famous with his taste.

Well Tari Tari is coming out on DVD soon so we can celebrate Sawa's god-tierness any time :D

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 2

So I assume these card things are what cajunator was referring to when he said this show was all "Buy our toy shit!". Can't she just put that fucker on sleep all the time so he shuts the fuck up?

First a roller coaster monster, now a vacuum cleaner monster. Wonder what'll be next.

I think I'll enjoy this show at least a little as long as there's a healthy dose of Cure White.

cajunator

Banned
Futari wa Pretty Cure 2

So I assume these card things are what cajunator was referring to when he said this show was all "Buy our toy shit!". Can't she just put that fucker on sleep all the time so he shuts the fuck up?

First a roller coaster monster, now a vacuum cleaner monster. Wonder what'll be next.

I think I'll enjoy this show at least a little as long as there's a healthy dose of Cure White.

Oh theres plenty of Honoka. Best girl easily.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Futari wa Pretty Cure 2

Oh, man, you're really making this your first one? I...........wouldn't recommend that. Please reconsider.

Futari wa Pretty Cure 2

the pets are annoying as fuck, just learn to deal with it.

It will be worth it if you're crazy enough to watch all the seasons, if you get sick it, just watch Heartcatch.

cajunator

Banned
the pets are annoying as fuck, just learn to deal with it.

It will be worth it if you're crazy enough to watch all the seasons, if you get sick it, just watch Heartcatch.

I will probably skip Max Heart and watch SPlashStar next on animeGaf's recommendation.
Then apparently theres nothing good until Heartcatch from there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I can deal with ugly. Besides, obviously my definition of ugly seems much different from animeGaf's. but remember, I think spiders and roaches are cute.

I'm not just talking about character designs--Fresh is ugly on a deeply fundamental level. It was animated in MSPaint, inbetweened in North Korea, and upscaled from 180p to 2160p when it aired. Even you, my dear all-accepting friend, would take issue with the way it looks after one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom