• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Puchimas - 36

Grenade_zpsa8097fda.gif

♪ Is I'd catch a grenade for ya ♪

Taishou Yakyuu Musume 1

Pretty great first episode. Couple of girls want to start a baseball team because WOMEN STRONG and try to find members that will put up with a manly ass sport. Koume is cute and the 1920s setting is fascinating, I look forward to watching more.

Were they trying to cut costs on the PKMN releases or something, why so thin?

Half volumes. The actual volumes of the Black/White arc hasn't come out in Japan yet when Viz started releasing it so they just took the chapters that were released in the magazines and released them. Half the price of a normal volume as well.

Syrinx

The iDOLM@STER 24

Just one episode left. Things seem to be coming together toward a happy ending after Haruka's crisis.

cajunator

Banned
Taishou Yakyuu Musume 1

Pretty great first episode. Couple of girls want to start a baseball team because WOMEN STRONG and try to find members that will put up with a manly ass sport. Koume is cute and the 1920s setting is fascinating, I look forward to watching more.

It was so good, I actually cared about baseball a little bit.
At least for the duration I was watching it.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam (Thank you Jesus it's not AGE) 34

So this was a nice episode to restart on. Lot's of battles, done without the pointless drama of AGE's. The mirrored laser-beam weapon was kind of cool, and it reminded me of Patrick Zala's GENESIS from Gundam SEED's finale (and to a lesser extent whatever that one cannon from SEED Destiny was. I dunno, SEED Destiny is the FF4 After Years of Gundam. Except Ceodore is much more tolerable than Shinn.)

In any case, Amuro is finally starting to daydream with Frau Bow (they'll never really get together, will they?) and Hayato had some good character development. Most notable of all was the way they made Dozle out to be a pretty nice guy. Gundam AGE tries to humanize its villains, but then it remembers they're opposite of Flit and cannot be good guys. Dozle is presented as a competent commander, a loving husband and father, intelligent if brash, and a dedicated soldier who is, nevertheless, not fanatical about Zeon's cause.

Oh, and Char was in this episode. I recently renamed a Charmander Aznable in his honor, because Charizard Aznable is the coolest Pokemon ever.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Taishou Yakyuu Musume 1

You have no idea how happy I am right now.

Theonik

I wonder what they'd all look like together...
I meant to post this pic instead
This was a pre-order bonus for Totoro iirc. Each stripe represents a release up until 2012.
Full spines would look like this

This calls for another open question, free for all to answer:

What's your favorite sports anime?
I would say Princess Nine but I'm not really a fan of sports anime.
Need to watch Hajime no Ippo at some point... Oh and GuP would count right!

Metrotab

Banned
Yuru Yuri S2 - 5

This was a tremendous episode. Kyouko going for batteries and Akari waiting for the train were two of the best parts yet.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The iDOLM@STER 3 (or, "The fear of men is HILARIOUS")

Okay, this episode was much better. Yukiho's problem seemed like much more of an actual "problem" than Iori's in the last episode. Plus, it just felt like something actually happened in this episode. I enjoyed seeing the idols all working through the various issues that came up at the performance, and Producer's role in helping Yukiho out was nice too.

So yeah, I hope the show at least keeps up this level of quality (I'm sure it will).

cajunator

Banned
Chihayafuru. Nothing comes close.

I would probably say that but I don't know if Karuta could be considered a sport. Its more of a competitive game. I suppose there is a degree of physical talent to playing it properly but its a bit like Mahjong or other games that are more focused on mental ability.
But if it counts, then definitely that.

Jex

This calls for another open question, free for all to answer:

What's your favorite sports anime?

Even now I'd probably still say Hajime no Ippo despite how much I've enjoyed some other works.

In actuality I haven't really seen enough sports anime to have an interesting opinion on the field.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Hataraki Man] 07

There was something about being unsatisfied with your job and personal goals conflicting with those of a business, but I for one couldn't take Hiro's breasts off my mind.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I would probably say that but I don't know if Karuta could be considered a sport. Its more of a competitive game. I suppose there is a degree of physical talent to playing it properly but its a bit like Mahjong or other games that are more focused on mental ability.
But if it counts, then definitely that.

Well, poker is considered a sport nowadays, so it's only fair for karuta to be considered one too, haha.

CorvoSol

Rah Xephon 8

Ugh. This show really is just Evangelion with terrible anime cliches everywhere. I was hoping watching Gundam AGE would make me appreciate it, but I dunno. It's so . . . lame. It's a good Eva ripoff, I'll give it that, but it's still an Eva ripoff ruined by its terrible anime cliches. Like, did I need mysterious red glasses guy to lecture me on the origins of Christmas? Do any of these characters do anything other than whine and pretend to be mysterious and enigmatic?

Articalys

Well, the definition of sport is pretty widespread, but I'm glad to see a lot of traditional answers and some more... unconventional ones.

Kite

Ohhh. Thats another good one actually!
Why don't more people watch this show?
Bambo Blade was actually good? From the first episode it looked like a harem and the male lead seems to be one of those slacker types who aren't that interesting to me.

cajunator

Banned
Bambo Blade was actually good? From the first episode it looked like a harem and the male lead seems to be one of those slacker types who aren't that interesting to me.

Bamboo Blade is excellent, and not just by my lax standards. Many people seemed to enjoy it. Its not haremshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom