• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsionBolt

This calls for another open question, free for all to answer:

What's your favorite sports anime?

Looking over my list, I have not seen any "real" sports anime. Huh. Given that my choices are Ro-Kyu-Bu, Teekyu, and Detective Conan Movie 16: The Eleventh Striker, I'd rather not pick a favourite at all!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man...I really need to try to find something to watch that I feel motivated to get through. Like, I'm enjoying iDOLM@STER well enough, but I don't feel motivated to watch more than one episode a day. I absolutely blew through stuff like Toradora, Jinrui, and Azumanga Daioh. I need to find something like those again. =/

(In fact, I haven't felt motivated to watch anime since finishing Toradora...oh god I hope it didn't ACTUALLY break me. ;_;)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Astro Fighter Sunred. The episodes are short enough that you'd want to watch a couple in one go.

wonzo

Banned
BAKUMATSU GIJINDEN ROMAN 7

roman7.jpg

Holy shit, IT HAS TEETH. #gamechanger

I totally called the
Otsu = Okuni thing
and it was nice to see Kircheis' ancestor again.

The baseball episode of Polar Bear Cafe.

polarbear27ar.jpg

Is love live any good? I stopped like after 1 eps because it felt like a shitty tari tari.

Chihayafuru 5

woahahfeahfoefhao shit is getting places.

CorvoSol

Record of Lodoss War 1

This is one of my favorite Fantasy anime (my favorite being, of course, Slayers), because it's just a good fantasy romp. We meet the party early on in the episode, and they consist of Parn, the human knight, Woodchuck, who is probably a thief, Slain the wizard and a priest, Gim the dwarf and Deedlit, the Elf . . . babe? I dunno, Deed doesn't have a job class. She's just there to fall in love with Parn and have Elf vs Dwarf moments with Gim.

But they fight monsters and stuff, and it's fun. "Quick Deed, what's it's weak spot?" "I'm not a dragon expert, Parn, how should I know?"

cajunator

Banned
Record of Lodoss War 1

This is one of my favorite Fantasy anime (my favorite being, of course, Slayers), because it's just a good fantasy romp. We meet the party early on in the episode, and they consist of Parn, the human knight, Woodchuck, who is probably a thief, a wizard and a priest, Gim the dwarf and Deedlit, the Elf . . . babe? I dunno, Deed doesn't have a job class. She's just there to fall in love with Parn and have Elf vs Dwarf moments with Gim.

But they fight monsters and stuff, and it's fun. "Quick Deed, what's it's weak spot?" "I'm not a dragon expert, Parn, how should I know?"

Still want to get my hands on this series.
Im afraid that when I suddenly decide to buy it some company is going to randomly pick it up out of the blue and rerelease it with great packaging or something. same with Arjuna.

Narag

Record of Lodoss War 1

This is one of my favorite Fantasy anime (my favorite being, of course, Slayers), because it's just a good fantasy romp. We meet the party early on in the episode, and they consist of Parn, the human knight, Woodchuck, who is probably a thief, Slain the wizard and a priest, Gim the dwarf and Deedlit, the Elf . . . babe? I dunno, Deed doesn't have a job class. She's just there to fall in love with Parn and have Elf vs Dwarf moments with Gim.

Base D&D allowed for demihuman class specifications iirc! I need to go through this again so I can knock out Crystania and the TV series.

There's so many, but Ookiku Furikabutte is probably my absolute favorite.

Honorable mentions to Chihayafuru, Hajime no Ippo, pretty much any Adachi series, and more. I'm a pretty big fan of sports manga and anime, so narrowing it down is always tough for me.

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 23

Pretty sure Flit's a psychopath after this ep.

Woolf is the only actually good character in the show.

And if you think Flit is a psycho, you're completely right! Ahaha, he feels no remorse and never is punished for the copious amounts of blood he spills!

Thinking about Flit last night, after I'd finished the show, it pisses me off more than anything that LAST EPISODE SPOILERS
Yurin is the one who stops him from firing a nuke into the Vagan homeland. Not his family, not his GRANDSON WHO IS STANDING THERE, not anyone who came from the loins of Not-Frau-Bow who it is apparent existed only so Flit could have kids and he never loved her at all, but YURIN.

This show ends in such an awful way.

BluWacky

The first season of Kaleido Star. It fulfils most of the sports anime cliches while actually being about performance, which is as close to sports as I'm likely to get.

Although I am slowly coming around to the goodness of Chihayafuru, so who knows where I'll stand on that in due course.

cajunator

Banned
The first season of Kaleido Star. It fulfils most of the sports anime cliches while actually being about performance, which is as close to sports as I'm likely to get.

Although I am slowly coming around to the goodness of Chihayafuru, so who knows where I'll stand on that in due course.

Thats another really good show.

CorvoSol

Still want to get my hands on this series.
Im afraid that when I suddenly decide to buy it some company is going to randomly pick it up out of the blue and rerelease it with great packaging or something. same with Arjuna.

Base D&D allowed for demihuman class specifications iirc! I need to go through this again so I can knock out Crystania and the TV series.

I really liked it as a kid. I hope it holds up now. It's a good classic fantasy story.

Branduil

Record of Lodoss War 1

In the original D&D, Elves and Dwarves were classes.

faridmon

The only football game I've ever liked was Sega Soccer Slam on the Game Cube, and that doesn't even have the word "football" on the title!

as much as I loved that game (yeah it was amazing and the game that FIFA Street should have been in the first place) I have to say to you you are missing out the best football game ever:

Pro Evo 4

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

as much as I loved that game (yeah it was amazing and the game that FIFA Street should have been in the first place) I have to say to you you are missing out the best football game ever:

Pro Evo 4
I played International Super Star Soccer in the SNES. Does that count?

Oh and I guess I did play the shit out FIFA Road to World Cup '98. Y'know, the one with that Blur song (so badarse).

faridmon

I played International Super Star Soccer in the SNES. Does that count?

Oh and I guess I did play the shit out Fifa Road to World Cup 98. Y'know, the one with that Blur song (so badarse).

OK, you are officially awesome.

Yeah, I have played the shit out of those two. I remember that I never owned the saving cartridge for N64 so me and my brother would marathon ISS for hours to beat the road to WC mode. Great times. and that FIFA game saved me from going bonkers as I was hospitilised for more than a year and it was the only Footy game I played along with MGS2.

Great times!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
CGI crowds and CGI balls. I can't go back to that after Ginga e Kickoff!.

Yeah but BAGPIPES.

I still have to get around to watching more of Ginga someday but I really enjoyed Giant Killing. Much better show, the characters were actually pretty interesting and I can't really say the same from the bits of Ginga I watched.

Best sports anime though is Touch. Hands down, Cross Game is great too but Touch is the best of the best. Best sports anime, best 80s anime, best everything.

Shergal

OK, you are officially awesome.

Yeah, I have played the shit out of those two. I remember that I never owned the saving cartridge for N64 so me and my brother would marathon ISS for hours to beat the road to WC mode. Great times. and that FIFA game saved me from going bonkers as I was hospitilised for more than a year and it was the only Footy game I played along with MGS2.

Great times!

Winning Eleven 6 for PSX > *

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 21

This show is really rather excellent.
Anyone interested in watching Precure should really start here.
This outcome was kind of inevitable.
Kiriya may have been going to school with Nagisa and Honoka and made friends with them, but he is still one of the evil minions. Ultimately his desire to fight against his fate leads him to make a huge sacrifice, turning his prism stone over to the Precure and ensuring his destruction. A shame really. He was a good character.
Naturally Cure Black and Cure White are pretty distraught over this. Where does it go from here?

Oh by the way, I bought some of these candies and they are amazing.
http://i.imgur.com/qxUvBSm.jpg

zeroshiki

Cross Game
Slam Dunk

There's so many, but Ookiku Furikabutte is probably my absolute favorite.

Honorable mentions to Chihayafuru, Hajime no Ippo, pretty much any Adachi series, and more. I'm a pretty big fan of sports manga and anime, so narrowing it down is always tough for me.

Have you read Mix? Its my new favorite Adachi thing. Too bad it takes foooooooreeeeeeever to come out.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Slam Dunk would be a lot more tolerable if Hanamichi's dumb jealousy attacks didn't interrupt the flow of the game after every fucking play.

zeroshiki

Slam Dunk would be a lot more tolerable if Hanamichi's dumb jealousy attacks didn't interrupt the flow of the game after every fucking play.

Its always played off as a joke though.

I watched Slam Dunk errmmm more than 10 years ago so I must admit nostalgia could be clouding my judgment.

Steroyd

This is one of the area's I'm weak on, a big portion of sports anime I've watched stopped being sports anime at some point.

Bamboo Blade, Ginga e Kickoff and I'm really stretching it with Kuroko's Basketball are the most grounded I've watched. and enjoyed.

Pro Evo 4

Ah Pro Evo 4 the upper echelon of football games, I played that so much for a whole year straight that the game case wore out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom