• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Nah. We should maintain the fear otherGAF has for us. We have a reputation to defend. Things are expected from us.

This thread has actually gotten more welcoming recently (somehow). There was a time when I'd feel bad for anyone coming in since they would be bombarded with shit recommendations and not be able to catch up with the insane thread speed.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This thread has actually gotten more welcoming recently (somehow). There was a time when I'd feel bad for anyone coming in since they would be bombarded with shit recommendations and not be able to catch up with the insane thread speed.

GAF's response: "I bet there are friendly and welcoming NAMBLA chapters too."

Articalys

I don't know about the speed, but I think the same level of terrible recommendations is still there, it's just now greatly outnumbered by legit ones.

Well I can't catch up with recommendations and thread speed, but I live with it. You just have to accept things sometimes.

cajunator

Banned
These are the days that I wish Hito were still an admin so that he could still force moe avatars onto people.

Come to think of it, cwarrior actually did have a forced Tokyo Mew Mew avatar for a while. No idea how he got out of it since he's only become increasingly deranged on the subject.

I actually got that avatar from him as a favor from Hitokage. Cwarrior obviously hated it but I used it for a while before finding one that combined Komugi with Mew Ichigo's outfit. Its perfect now. The old avatar is not being used right now.

I actually got that avatar from him as a favor from Hitokage. Cwarrior obviously hated it but I used it for a while before finding one that combined Komugi with Mew Ichigo's outfit. Its perfect now. The old avatar is not being used right now.

What was you old avatar?

Senran Kagura 6

The moral of this episode is, "You tried your best, and you failed misserably. The lesson is, never try."
So the main girls get their asses spanked, with only Ikaruga and Asuka still standing at the end of it all. Though I guess Yagyuu was able to beat her first opponent with relative ease. Still she ended up getting admitted into a ninja hospital. No I'm not making that up.
Is it just me or does Hikage seem to be more dressed when she's in her swim suit?
They sure went all out with the fight with Asuka and Homura, even if the bulk of the episode revolved around Yagyuu and her relationship with Hibiki. Very fun episode with all things considered.
Next up, training arc!

If that make you better you can watch this vid of the next game where you see that delicious bunny loving girl being usefull for once.

cajunator

Banned
What was you old avatar?

The one Cwarrior was forced to use.
Based on this picture

mew_ichigo_by_Cat_ichigo.jpg

CUTICLE TANTEI INABA 07

this anime mixes plots and comedy and while the story is good, , it's hard to get in the mood to take anything seriously when you have those characters.

Still this episode was great ..some stupid "what if" , a nice introduction to more characters that might be used later and a cool samurai story

7/10 for comedy
5/10 for plot

zeroshiki

I don't know about the speed, but I think the same level of terrible recommendations is still there, it's just now greatly outnumbered by legit ones.

Well I can't catch up with recommendations and thread speed, but I live with it. You just have to accept things sometimes.

I'm sure there are OCD people who can't take the speed of the thread. I'm just saying that with the influx of new people recently, it seems that we've become more welcoming. I dono how.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 22

This was another interesting episode.
Honoka's dog discovers a little lost puppy. It has a collar and a name so obviously somebody owns it. There is a festival going on where people make wishes and tie it to a bamboo branch.
One of them is a wish for the dog to return.
ALso the girls are in an indoor planetarium when naturally asshole krillin summons Zakennas from the constellations on the ceiling.
Once defeated, Honokas dog shows up with the wish tag and Nagisa and honoka return the dog to its happy owner.
Honoka is seen at the end crying her heart out over something :(

Syrinx

The iDOLM@STER 25-End

So the girls perform the New Year's concert, and that's pretty much it. Them performing "Ready!" kinda brought everything full circle.

Pretty good show. Probably around a B or B-. Not sure how interested I am in future iterations.

Final idol rankings:

-Makoto
-Takane
-Azusa
-Chihaya
-Haruka
-Hibiki
-Ritsuko
-Yayoi
-Miki
-Iori
-Ami/Mami
-Yukiho

cajunator

Banned
The iDOLM@STER 25-End

So the girls perform the New Year's concert, and that's pretty much it. Them performing "Ready!" kinda brought everything full circle.

Pretty good show. Probably around a B or B-. Not sure how interested I am in future iterations.

Final idol rankings:

-Makoto
-Takane
-Azusa
-Chihaya
-Haruka
-Hibiki
-Ritsuko
-Yayoi
-Miki
-Iori
-Ami/Mami
-Yukiho

Oh hey. you got the top 4 correct!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I talk about Anime in The Football thread. Me and regulus were just talking about Mayo Chiki and I keep posting awesome Bakemonogatari Gifs
What's the point of posting SHAFT smut if you don't go all the way? See how far posting ShinobuInTheBathtub gifs take you.
don't

Syrinx

Again, I want it on the record that I was welcomed by this community with open arms. I came looking to see some good anime, both new and old, and you guys have been very helpful. Not every recommendation has been for me, but I'm generally pleased with what I've watched.

Anime-GAF is a good place.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Again, I want it on the record that I was welcomed by this community with open arms. I came looking to see some good anime, both new and old, and you guys have been very helpful. Not every recommendation has been for me, but I'm generally pleased with what I've watched.

Spoken like a true victim of Stockholm's Syndrome.

zeroshiki

Don't let the fake camaraderie fool you. Everyone hates everyone else here.

:saber.gif

7Th

The iDOLM@STER 25-End

Final idol rankings:

-Makoto
-Takane
-Azusa
-Chihaya
-Haruka
-Hibiki
-Ritsuko
-Yayoi
-Miki
-Iori
-Ami/Mami
-Yukiho

You forgot episode 26.

cajunator

Banned
There is no decision.. everything 4kids touches get uglier the more time they spent on it ..

Its shameful.
They didn't even have the courtesy to release Tokyo Mew Mew on disc. Even in dub form. Nothing. Just held the license until it was finished airing on TV and let it die.

Bakuman 3 - 20
tumblr_inline_mig5fkiLYd1qz4rgp.png

I think that at the end of the day Season 2 will probably slightly better than this season 3 has been. I liked the episode and enjoyed it but wish more time was spent on Ashirogi Mutou and not on Hiramaru
proposing to Aoki :/
did not want.

The party was fun and of course my favorite character has to be the one stuffing his face, lol Orihiara and Nizuma's Bleach welcome was wonderful.

Though, I think one could use that itshappening.gif for this episode
Finally an anime offer

Reversi cover is amazing.

I'm sure there are OCD people who can't take the speed of the thread. I'm just saying that with the influx of new people recently, it seems that we've become more welcoming. I dono how.

Yeah, somehow this thread has been getting a lot of new blood lately. I had kind of thought being moved to the Community forum would just result in the same people posting over and over again, so it's kind of surprising to see new people even finding this thread, never minding lasting in it with the speed and all of the craziness.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, somehow this thread has been getting a lot of new blood lately. I had kind of thought being moved to the Community forum would just result in the same people posting over and over again, so it's kind of surprising to see new people even finding this thread, never minding lasting in it with the speed and all of the craziness.

Neogaf attracts gamers and many gamers are also anime fans. The curious and brave will venture in and say hello. Many will still lurk for years until some show comes along where they just cant stay silent anymore. I dont think this thread is as invisible as people think it is.

I knew this thread was here but it was linked in the other thread (and happened to be pretty brand new) so I decided to stop in. I think the last time I came into one of these was when k-on was airing, and I really can't stand that show so I was left with a bad impression. =P this place seems nice enough, though.

ZETSUEN NO TEMPEST 16
Zetsuen%20no%20Tempest%20-%2016.jpg

NO even with a cool armor , a whimp still stay a whimp

It was an ok episode ..Not sure what to think about this turn of events however... At least in the animation. I think they did well but still it was missing a little.

Chronoexe

Neogaf attracts gamers and many gamers are also anime fans. The curious and brave will venture in and say hello. Many will still lurk for years until some show comes along where they just cant stay silent anymore. I dont think this thread is as invisible as people think it is.

This thread is always on the top and its full of cute pics, that's hard to ignore.

cajunator

Banned
I knew this thread was here but it was linked in the other thread (and happened to be pretty brand new) so I decided to stop in. I think the last time I came into one of these was when k-on was airing, and I really can't stand that show so I was left with a bad impression. =P this place seems nice enough, though.

K-On has a dedicated community thread now. I'm a fan of it, but most discussion stays in there.

Narag

Well if it's popular enough to warrant its own thread, that's probably a good idea.

It still gets watched in here from time to time but I'm under the impression most of the fandom stuff is relegated to that other thread even if show discussion isn't entirely.

Stoof

I was supposed to be reading my history text for class tonight but I ended up watching the entirety of Toradora! Oh well, it was worth it.

cajunator

Banned
It still gets watched in here from time to time but I'm under the impression most of the fandom stuff is relegated to that other thread even if show discussion isn't entirely.

I'm watching through season two lately, but put it on hiatus because I have had Precure on the backlog for far too long.
Im about halfway through Futari Wa Precure and making good progress so maybe I will resume K-On!! next week sometime.

Jintor

I was supposed to be reading my history text for class tonight but I ended up watching the entirety of Toradora! Oh well, it was worth it.

Oh man you're telling me we could have had episode by episode reactions but you compressed it all into this post? Curse you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom