• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SeraphisCain, please ask a mod to change your name to jman 2.0.

Take one for the team.

zeroshiki

jman was also a Yankees-nakama. Now I have to endure Enron blabbering on about Texas in the IRC without anyone telling him to STFU.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sakurasou 19

This episode was awesome. It's a definite return to one of the earlier episodes of the season. It has kicks, jokes, and awesome craziness for a whole lot of fun. Surprisingly it's all without Mashiro.

cajunator

Banned
That's, what, approx a 10-12hour-ish marathon? Hesus.

Thats not too bad. Its those 40+ episode marathons that boggle my mind.
I can easily marathon a full 2 cour series if its engaging enough (I did marathon toradora as well. You cant stop watching it)

Jintor

I can barely fit a movie into my skull without needing to go do something else for a while. Marathons are really tiring... I can only really marathon manga.

ZETSUEN NO TEMPEST 17

Zetsuen%20no%20Tempest%20-%2017_01.jpg
Zetsuen%20no%20Tempest%20-%2017_02.jpg

Hakase reactions of a maiden in love were wonderfull

Another episode they adapted kinda well I dunno why but i enjoy watching this second part

The meeting was a nice stuff too with sentences like " a secretary is necessary " , " everyone avoiding the most obvious answer " and so on.

cajunator

Banned
I can barely fit a movie into my skull without needing to go do something else for a while. Marathons are really tiring... I can only really marathon manga.

I managed to work through 22 episodes of Futari Wa Precure in a couple of days time. Cant really sit through all of it at one time though. Have to take breaks in between.

Syrinx

I'm really not able to marathon things. Probably the closest I've come was with Sailor Moon, and even that was only maybe 5 or 6 a day, tops. I can't imagine sitting through a whole series front-to-back straight through.

cajunator

Banned
I'm really not able to marathon things. Probably the closest I've come was with Sailor Moon, and even that was only maybe 5 or 6 a day, tops. I can't imagine sitting through a whole series front-to-back straight through.

Oh wait I did marathon Full moon Wo Sagashite over a few days. I was so drawn into it.
That was 52 episodes. That series is incredibly good and has one of my favorite endings ever.

The internet going out for a day is usually the most productive days I ever have. I marathoned Saki and a majority of Azumanga Daioh one day last summer and various other shows on similar days.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh it was pretty feelsy alright! Though I would not have been satisfied with the ending at all if it wasn't for the after credits stuff.

The original light novel ending is mostly the same, but slightly better.

Taiga doesn't leave for a full year. She's only gone for about two months, then comes back and finishes 3rd year with Ryuji and the rest of the gang.

I made a Louie the Rune soldier marathon once. I didn't expect to, it just happened that way.

I also watched the 4 seasons of city hunter in only one month.
But it was a long time ago whe I was pretending to be studying at college.

cajunator

Banned
I finished CCS in 5 days or so.

Nowadays, I can't sit still long enough for an episode at a time.

Yeah I totally know this feeling XD

Just for fun, keep track of when I post an episode impression of Futari Wa Precure and then how long it takes to post the next one. I usually post right after finishing an episode so its a good idea of how much I pause and watch and procrastinate.

Milamber

Is that the guy who made the manga about the mother and the two daughters getting tricked into NTR'ing their surrogate son/brother?

I don't think so from what I've seen, he's the guy that made the manga about a boy whose penis gets detached from his body and is constantly used by these three girls bullying him.

Kagami

I marathon things sometimes. Especially NicoNico's live stream marathons (although I usually wind up doing it via the timeshift button rather than actually live).
Watched AKB0048 that way last December, was much better than I expected. Glad I got to see it before season 2 started.
Watched the true tears marathon last week. It started out promising, but got messy in the second half. It was OK but it's no AnoNatsu. (Also, every time the OP played, Nico commenters spouted memes related to that eufonius composer who started the Kokoro Connect incident.)
I started watching the Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito marathon yesterday but gave up after five episodes (sorry cajun). The Carnelian-based character designs are pretty though.

The next marathon's they've got coming up are Kyou no 5 no 2 / Today in Class 5-2 OVA and Okusama wa Joshikousei / My Wife is a High School Student.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv124648168
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv124646824
I'm not expecting much from the latter, but I have the Kyou no 5 no 2 manga and though it was decent, so it'll be fun to see the OVA.

Stoof

The original light novel ending is mostly the same, but slightly better.

Taiga doesn't leave for a full year. She's only gone for about two months, then comes back and finishes 3rd year with Ryuji and the rest of the gang.

Ah, yeah that does sound better. I'm just glad they had that after the credits because I hate when shows end with "girl/guy leaves and there's no real closure; END."

Urgh. Toradora's so good. ;__;
I wish I could have written episodic impressions of it, but I guess now I'll just let it sink in. T_T

Kingdom 37

Really well done episode and I even got all teary eyed and stuff. Wang Yi is truly like one of the better characters to come out of anime in 2012/2013 season, He and Xin really have made this anime a blast and then all the additional commanders and such. The music was implemented well in the key scene and moments leading up to it and through it.
Xin rushing to stop the archer as Wang Yi realized the situation they were in empowering everyone to just kill at least ten, and then somehow coming back to life after being armor pierced on both ends. My tears, and hopefully they make it out of this intense situation

Gintama - 113

This episode was gross...eww.
Kondou was hilarious.
Hijikata
dream
, Miyazaki
am cry
Kagura look totally cute in the new ending!!

The internet going out for a day is usually the most productive days I ever have. I marathoned Saki and a majority of Azumanga Daioh one day last summer and various other shows on similar days.

Oh wait I did marathon Full moon Wo Sagashite over a few days. I was so drawn into it.
That was 52 episodes. That series is incredibly good and has one of my favorite endings ever.

I finished CCS in 5 days or so.

Nowadays, I can't sit still long enough for an episode at a time.

i usually go for a week to marathon 50 eps show .... the only exception was gintama from 22 to 150 in a week .

Carefully planning sleeping and eating makes that marathon don't leav a strain on the body ... especially if you're doing that often..

I did do gintama 202 to 251 in a week recently ...

Ps: full moon wo sagashite has a awesome ending .. the only time i cried of joy ( aka IRL tears of joy ) while watching anime.

cajunator

Banned
Shows I can easily marathon:

Kino's journey
Haibane Renmei
Saikano
Welcome to the NHK
Last Exile
Madoka Magica
School Days
Steins;Gate
Chrono Crusade
Kiddy Grade
Nadesico
Taisho Baseball Girls
Toradora
Usagi Drop
Escaflowne
ROD TV

I think thats most of them.
Many shows I can watch over a long time period but not straight through.
The ones listed above I could put the discs in right now and as long as I have time watch through to the end within a day or two. I love them that much.

Katsuragi getting her toosh kicked made for interesting camera angles.
I've got little complaint if they decide to get beat up again.
I just need another helping of bean sprouts. That's all I'm asking.
The fact that the blond girl never shows her nipples is the most amazing case of plot armor ever.
Her shirt is just really clingy.
I think it's just an excuse to get the girls out of the room occasionally.
Yeah, I don't think they're in the manga at all from what I remember.

Shows I can easily marathon:

Kino's journey
Haibane Renmei
Saikano
Welcome to the NHK
Last Exile
Madoka Magica
School Days
Steins;Gate
Chrono Crusade
Kiddy Grade
Nadesico
Taisho Baseball Girls
Toradora
Usagi Drop
Escaflowne
ROD TV

I think thats most of them.
Many shows I can watch over a long time period but not straight through.
The ones listed above I could put the discs in right now and as long as I have time watch through to the end within a day or two. I love them that much.

Everything that's not over 26 episodes can be watched quickly in 2 days .i often did 13 eps shows in a night ( not being able to stop )

ZETSUEN NO TEMPEST 18
Zetsuen%20no%20Tempest%20-%2018.jpg

Dat moment when the face fall appart...
So far i'm very happy by the turn of events. Sure, it's very different from the action oriented episodes we got in the first part but the mix of feeligns and the characterisation worked very well.
Enough at least that i don't think they did anything worng while adapting this anime so i'm satisfied by the results.
7 or 5 episodes left .. I hope we got either an anime original ending that works or the FULL manga adaptation.

If that make you better you can watch this vid of the next game where you see that delicious bunny loving girl being usefull for once.
I'm sure by the end of the season they will all be pretty competent, but they sure don't look like it now. lol
Not really. The K-On thread is barely about the show and more of about the fandom around it.
We still talk about the show quite a bit, especially when new people join in to watch the show, but you're mostly right.

Syrinx

Spice and Wolf 5

I think this show has now hit its stride. Which is great. I was interested after last episode, but if this one didn't deliver, I was going to consider dropping it. Best part was Holo hearing the dogs coming and unleashing her wolf cry.

Chloe seemed like she was gonna be a cool character. Now she's a backstabber who orders the death of Lawrence and capture of Holo, then has the balls to lament about gods being unfair after Holo's standing over her in her true form. No, bitch, that's not unfairness, that's called justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom