• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Spice and Wolf 5

I think this show has now hit its stride. Which is great. I was interested after last episode, but if this one didn't deliver, I was going to consider dropping it. Best part was Holo hearing the dogs coming and unleashing her wolf cry.

Chloe seemed like she was gonna be a cool character. Now she's a backstabber who orders the death of Lawrence and capture of Holo, then has the balls to lament about gods being unfair after Holo's standing over her in her true form. No, bitch, that's not unfairness, that's called justice.

Was it you that said Holo has cat ears??
Someone thought that.

Spice and Wolf 5

I think this show has now hit its stride. Which is great. I was interested after last episode, but if this one didn't deliver, I was going to consider dropping it. Best part was Holo hearing the dogs coming and unleashing her wolf cry.
Chloe seemed like she was gonna be a cool character. Now she's a backstabber who orders the death of Lawrence and capture of Holo, then has the balls to lament about gods being unfair after Holo's standing over her in her true form. No, bitch, that's not unfairness, that's called justice.

No spoilers please!!! Use the tags ^^

I am still at episode 4 -_-

Was it you that said Holo has cat ears??
Someone thought that.

That was me, and I'm gonna continue to say that. Even wolves can have cat ears. Don't be racist.

Edited in. Sorry. I've been trying to use less spoiler tags cause I kinda used to overuse them. But yeah, I probably should have used them there.

It's ok. Being spoiled on just one episode is not so horrible. It's just that it could be horrible sometimes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes!

How can you agree on something and on saying that the same thing is wrong?

Now I see that you are definitely a fan of catgirls.
We can get along =^^=

We definetly can. I still remember your elf-hunting anime too. :'( I need more time for anime

Edit: and the worst thing is that my girlfriend don't want to buy cat ears. though I found catears to connect to her mp3 in Akihabara she refused to buy it. Can youbelieve that?

Shows I can easily marathon:

Kino's journey
Haibane Renmei
Saikano
Welcome to the NHK
Last Exile
Madoka Magica
School Days
Steins;Gate
Chrono Crusade
Kiddy Grade
Nadesico
Taisho Baseball Girls
Toradora
Usagi Drop
Escaflowne
ROD TV

I think thats most of them.
Many shows I can watch over a long time period but not straight through.
The ones listed above I could put the discs in right now and as long as I have time watch through to the end within a day or two. I love them that much.

12 episode shows are really "marathons"?

Anyway mine marathon is probably just

Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Sket Dance
FMA Brotherhood

Gintama - 114

Matsudaira back-mayo~
And with him Gorilla 13 and Sougo 13-mayo~
Tonari no Pedoro 2 would watch-mayo~
Hijikata as
Mayo Prince
-mayo~
Next Ryuuguujou arc-mayo~

Wrong. Training arc/episodes are for bikinis.
The former doesn't prevent the latter
Yes.

Yes.

Yes!
Yes !
1359757974132.gif
Oh hell yes !

How can you agree on something and on saying that the same thing is wrong?
Because you can have both!Even vividred showed that you ca,n get stronger and still show bikinis. it's the new trend !

I marathoned 120 episodes of Fairy Tail.
Never again.

i went from Ep 1 to 151 as a giant marathon lasting 2 weeks
It felt great.

Where do you keep all your screens by the way, if I may ask?
Imgur because you can have instant resize of your pictures or dropbox in media sharing mode.
Doesn't waste too much bandwitch and you can keep them in that place for as long as you want

Ixion Saga DT - 18

It's the start of a new kind of love

^You know, Kurosagi is great and all, but Shiroyasha is adorable. <3

Join the official r_thanatos & cajunator ranking
1) Kurosagi
2) Shiroyasha

We both agree , the other opinions don't matter

Articalys

Seen recently on /m/:
My favourite part of the process of subbing this episode was, through a combination of careful silence and manipulation, getting the team to adopt the dialogue font from Fresh Precure as the dialogue font for Kyoryuger.

I am nothing if not an evil genius.

That's a lot of pictures !!! you won't last untill the end of this season at this rate !!

-----------------------------
Zettai Karen Children THE UNLIMITED - Hyoubu Kyousuke - 07

Hell Yes !!!
Zettai%20Karen%20Children%20THE%20UNLIMITED%20-%20Hyoubu%20Kyousuke%20-%2007.jpg

That's not supposed to be the face of a good guy ....
The entire Generation 0 arc will be adapted it seems.

I'm happy because that was a great turn of events and the ZKC original characters and motivations do needed more context and this arc is the perfect example to show the problems everyone in the ZKC universe has to face. Especially since fujiko and kyousuke started from the same place with similar goals yet ended on a different side of the fence many years later.

We're in for at least 4 eps of flashback if they don't cut things.

The Opening in black and white with red was excellent. And the ending sequence impressive ... the team animating this does a really well job.

Oh, while we're on the topic of Imgur, I assume you cap-heavy people pay for the pro subscription?

Free imgur for me because i combine imgur and dropbox for my storages purposes.. The 225 picture cap in free mode is ennoying

Branduil

Digimon: Our War Game

iQxJ6lhBIhznj.jpg
i9u33kUy9Y12S.jpg

iix0yXB3wfTGW.jpg
ibjvRAqsvMTT59.jpg

Yeah, sure she is, Manti.

Before there was Summer Wars, Mamoru Hosoda directed this second Digimon movie, featuring a plot he would later borrow from heavily. Not only are they similar, in terms of plot, they're also similar in terms of representing abstract data that takes place inside of computers. I mean just look at the visual representation of the net.

That said, the character arcs and whatnot are certainly different between the two films, and OWG is focused on a younger audience(although the possibility of
nuclear death
is strangely dark for a Japanese kids' movie). It's a very entertaining 40 minutes, with no shortage of Hosoda's trademark loose animation and exaggerated reaction faces. I always especially enjoy the synchronized group reactions- it's that touch of visual humor that really separates Hosoda from the crowd. And surely defeating the enemy by
spamming his e-mail with forwards and thus slowing down his response time
is one of the more hilarious ways to achieve victory.

Another thing I find enjoyable about this film is the authenticity and detail applied to the depiction of technology in this film. The visual interfaces depicted are, overall, quite accurate to the time period of the film. There's so much attention to detail that they even depict what happens when you touch an old CRT screen. Not only does this avoid cringe-worthy CSI moments, it also makes the movie interesting to watch from a time-capsule perspective. Even just twelve years ago, the internet and the technologies used to access it were very different. The difficulties the characters face in this film almost seem quaint and archaic, it's hard to imagine even a rural Japanese household not having an internet connection of some kind in this day and age. The film's plot is such that it could only could have taken place in a very narrow window of time, and even without researching someone should be able to place it just by watching it. Truly, time waits for no one.

One unfortunate thing about the film is that it's an early digital work, so while it does some interesting new things with cel animation, it also has some rather ugly aliasing.

Finally, I leave with you some hardcore trolling.

That's just not right.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 23

Shit just got super real.
Nagisa and Honoka and their club member classmates are all at some sort of club retreat sponsored by the school. all is going well until nature starts going apeshit. The girls transform into precure and follow the energy source to a dry lakebed. There the Krillin looking bastard awaits, and he administers a supreme ass kicking to the Precure. He then
forces them to attack, revealing the hiding place of the guardian of the prism stones they have. He captures the guardian and the stones and disappears, leaving the Precure girls absolutely stunned.
Clearly the Precure are going to have to figure out a way to get way more powerful, and quickly.

723 images. Nice.
I practically watch the episodes twice over. lol
Oh, while we're on the topic of Imgur, I assume you cap-heavy people pay for the pro subscription?
Actually I don't. Where as imgur says that only 225 images in your account are visible, there seems to be no limit to the number of images that are visible when viewing albums. If that makes any sense. So in that way, I have many more images I can readily pull up when ever I need them because of the way imgur albums work.
That's a lot of pictures !!! you won't last untill the end of this season at this rate !!
This is actually pretty normal for me. lol It's just that I don't always make an imgur album for every show I watch.

zeroshiki

Digimon: Our War Game

Seeing as alot of people can't help themselves and bring up OWG whenever any discussion about Hosoda/Summer Wars comes up, I want to know what are your thoughts on the connection between the two.

I personally liked Summer Wars way more than Digimon and I get confused when I see people say that OWG did it better.

Branduil

Seeing as alot of people can't help themselves and bring up OWG whenever any discussiong about Hosoda/Summer Wars comes up, I want to know what are your thoughts on the connection between the two.

I personally liked Summer Wars way more than Digimon and I get confused when I see people say that OWG did it better.

That's a good question. I'll let you know after I rewatch Summer Wars tomorrow.

I think OWG has two things going for it:

1) The characters are already established, so it can get straight to the plot.

2) At 40 minutes, it's a much tighter and more focused story by necessity.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You were asking for that answer, I just gave you what was expected ^_~
I actually want to figure out your strange obsession with everything being cat ears. There are many kinds of animal ears in this world, and it's a shame you leave yourself blind to it.

I didn't see the Digimo movie but I can't see how it could be better than Summer Wars

I actually want to figure out your strange obsession with everything being cat ears. There are many kinds of animal ears in this world, and it's a shame you leave yourself blind to it.

It's a fantasy of mine based on nothing whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom