• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES

KIMI NO IRU MACHI

TV ANIME

BY GONZO

ipiBiqWD3xNuX.jpg

zeroshiki

I'm one of those people that actually liked Suzuka but Kimi no Iru Machi made me want to Nice Boat the main guy.

Still though, I enjoyed parts of the opening act and might have checked this out but adding Gonzo to the mix is just asking for pain.

KIMI NO IRU MACHI staff:

Director: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida
Character Design: Terumi Nishii

Ugh.

Yamauchi is going to be absolutely wasted on this. That's a real shame.

I would say 'maybe he could make something good out of it', but...Gonzo. Off to drown my sorrows.

Instro

YES

KIMI NO IRU MACHI

TV ANIME

BY GONZO

Director: Shigeyasu Yamauchi (Casshern Sins)
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida (K-On, Tamako Market, come on you should know who she is by now)
Character Design: Terumi Nishii (Mawaru Penguindrum)

How bizarre.

CorvoSol

The 08th MS Team 12

That was a pointless final episode. They could've just ended it at episode 11 and saved us all from having to know the absolutely most obvious conclusion in the world plus a ragtag team of throwaway children.

Which show comes next in the UC timeline?

Anyway, in spite of its unnecessary ending, 08th MS Team was pretty good. As long as you can look past the terrible romance and focus instead on the good wartime story being told. And I'd like to state that I'm not in the camp that thinks love can't bloom on a battlefield. Shiro x Aina was just a really, truly dull love story.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
CorvoSouless.

How are beam saber hot springs not the most romantic things in the world.

Soma

YES

KIMI NO IRU MACHI

TV ANIME

BY GONZO

Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida (K-On, Tamako Market, come on you should know who she is by now)

oh god what

rage town in anime form- wait wasn't there already a OVA series for this or something?

CorvoSol

CorvoSouless.

How are beam saber hot springs not the most romantic things in the world.

The romance is diminished somewhat by having a bunch of children who literally vanish the moment the plot no longer requires them pull the same stunt.

Besides, the most romantic thing in the world is licking eyeballs. I thought this was established?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
NISA announced today that they are release "Everyday Tales of a Cat God" aka Nekogami Yaoyorozu in June. It's a Premium set on Bluray that contains 12 episodes, 1 OVA and 7 mini episodes.

http://i.imgur.com/tIbM6pS.jpg

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/97824/4/0/0
Huh... yeah, this fits right in line with NISA and their weird pick ups. Maybe they really are the last best hope for Hyouka and Nichjiou.

Been watching the Korean dub of Aria: The Animation to practice my language skills, so I'm only understanding about 60% of it, but I'm enjoying it so far. Although the dialogue can be sort of, um . . . like I've seen harsher words on Barney & Friends for chrissake.

Fav character's Aika although the show's trying its hardest not to make it so :(

this cajun guy here reminds me of akari-chan ^_^
Hah, a Korean dub? It makes me wish the Italian dub was more readily available, just to see what a show set in fake-Venice would be like with Italians anyway.

And yeah, this show is basically happiness in 20 minute chucks.

KIMI NO IRU MACHI staff:

Director: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida
Character Design: Terumi Nishii

This is the manga that everyone hates, right?

Narag

The 08th MS Team 12

Anyway, in spite of its unnecessary ending, 08th MS Team was pretty good. As long as you can look past the terrible romance and focus instead on the good wartime story being told. And I'd like to state that I'm not in the camp that thinks love can't bloom on a battlefield. Shiro x Aina was just a really, truly dull love story.

Pretty sure that was a result of the director change I told you about but I could be drunk and not remembering right.

wonzo

Banned
YES

KIMI NO IRU MACHI

TV ANIME

BY GONZO

(src)
Well, the OVA's weren't bad but still lol Gonzo and KNIM.

CorvoSol

This is my first avatar quote!

And also possibly a discworld reference?

Pretty sure that was a result of the director change I told you about but I could be drunk and not remembering right.

Could be. The second half of the series strays too much into the ol' Gundam "Waaah I hate war!" territory. It's one thing to hate war, and to say war is hell, but I dunno, I feel there's a difference between the way it's said in some things, and the way it gets tossed around in stuff like Endless Waltz and Gundam 00.

Next up is 0080: War in the Pocket.

Aka one of the best Gundam related things ever made.

Good grief they go to war again the next year?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haganai 9

So can we all start hating this show now? lol

The drama is so thick that the writer is accidentally introducing character inconsistencies (or making them complete hypocrites) with each new episode. At this point I'm basically expecting a non-ending... because they gotta save something for season 3. :p

Mature

The romance is diminished somewhat by having a bunch of children who literally vanish the moment the plot no longer requires them pull the same stunt.

Besides, the most romantic thing in the world is licking eyeballs. I thought this was established?
It was. And It is.
1CtbUJb.gif

Just started up robotics;notes, watched 10 episodes today. I really, really like it. Finally back into anime again, and time to lurk AnimeGAF again.

zeroshiki

Well in that case, let's just hope it isn't GoHands or DEEN.

To be perfectly serious, the most likely studios are A-1 or P-IG because of their recent history of working with noitamina. I'd be fine with either but, as always, it will depend on the staff working on it.

wonzo

Banned
What do you have against rainbows and awful respectively?
k4.jpg

Silver Spoon deserves better than that, dammit!

To be perfectly serious, the most likely studios are A-1 or P-IG because of their recent history of working with noitamina. I'd be fine with either but, as always, it will depend on the staff working on it.
If it turns out to be A-1 then hopefully they do a good job with it and don't stretch themselves too thin like they are right now. If it's P-IG then we are truly fucked. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom