• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

I wish you luck with Oreimo.

Also the more I see of Nisekoi the more I wanna watch, but knowing it's basically a prettier IS with no development between the girls and him is enough of a reminder to keep the fuck away

I found watching Nisekoi (before I dropped it) profoundly frustrating. Because it was good at times! When it was focused around mob hijinks, and even some of the school stuff, it was a legitimately funny romantic comedy. The problem was that you can't go for an episode without the stupid cliches of the childhood promise story being bandied about and reminding you that nothing will ever progress ever. And so I dropped it and went back to the superior Shaft harem series. :p

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I actually haven't seen much of Inu Yasha outside a handful of eps, but I didn't think much of what I saw.

It's one of those things where if you don't like it from the beginning you'll never like it, but I also think that most of the humor in Ranma has aged poorly.

Inuyasha is pretty good.

At least, I loved it. It has its flaws, but the series has a lot of heart, and Takahashi's character work put in the context of a shounen battle series actually created a pretty interesting result, and there are some great emotional moments. Of course, there's also a lot of padding.

CorvoSol

I never even watched In U Yash A because why would I do that? I never saw Naruto for the same reasons. In my head watching the one spells the inevitability of watching the other.

I never even watched In U Yash A because why would I do that? I never saw Naruto for the same reasons. In my head watching the one spells the inevitability of watching the other.

You shouldn't really compare Inuyasha to Naruto. Inuyasha is actually pretty thoughtful and well developed. It's not for everyone, but it's on a level beyond what Naruto ever aspired to, even at its best.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's like not watching other Kon films because of Paprika, something that actually happened to me until someone here convinced me otherwise. Now I now Paprika is just a bad apple.
You know what? You're not too bad.

It's one of those things where if you don't like it from the beginning you'll never like it, but I also think that most of the humor in Ranma has aged poorly.
That's actually a fair point, since Ranma wasn't that great to begin with. I wouldn't say it has aged poorly though, since if you cut out all the repetition and excised everything related to Happosai you'd still have a solid show.

CorvoSol

You shouldn't really compare Inuyasha to Naruto. Inuyasha is actually pretty thoughtful and well developed. It's not for everyone, but it's on a level beyond what Naruto ever aspired to, even at its best.

I'm sure you're right. It's just that they came on at a point in time where I wasn't smart enough not to equate them so they kinda got linked in my brain and I've just put off watching either of them for that reason for years.

Gbraga

That was great, that was so greeeaaat.

Shit, this first episode was really damn good, so if people hate it this much, I have to assume it'll get really fucking bad later on.

So far so good though, Kirino is adorable and the episode was very funny.

I was disappointed there was no Aerosmith song in The Lord of the Rings. What good is having Steve Tyler for a dad if he doesn't play a song for your big break?

Hey! B-b-b-b-bilbo!

You've got your mama's smile but you're the shire's child to us!

So Bagginses! The trick you used to win that ring is not fair to us! You cants ask that question! GIVES ITS BACK TO US!

MYYYYY MYYYYY MYYY PRECIOUS!

MikeMyers

You know what? You're not too bad.

That's actually a fair point, since Ranma wasn't that great to begin with. I wouldn't say it has aged poorly though, since if you cut out all the repetition and excised everything related to Happosai you'd have a solid show.

Well with Ranma I just got a bit bored of it after S2 so I started skipping episodes and only watched the one where I thought the plot scenario looked interesting.

Syrinx

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 8

Generally babies in shows suck unless they're Maggie, Hana-chan, or the wee baby Shamus, but this one wasn't too bad besides having that goofy looking tooth. Washu-chan shows off her maternal side while the others flounder in trying to care for the kid. Like when Ryoko just filled his bottle with milk powder instead of making milk.

I hate how Funi translates 'Washu-chan" to "Little Washu". It bothers me.

Hell yes season 2 of Buddy Complex coming soon, this anime is really underrated and yeah it may have a few flaws but it's still great and one of my top season. I may sound like a dick but I personally enjoyed Buddy Complex more than Kill La Kill because it was hyped as fuck.

Narag

Hell yes season 2 of Buddy Complex coming soon, this anime is really underrated and yeah it may have a few flaws but it's still great and one of my top season. I may sound like a dick but I personally enjoyed Buddy Complex more than Kill La Kill because it was hyped as fuck.

Liking anything more than Kill La Kill will be the norm in the future. History will prove me right.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's actually a fair point, since Ranma wasn't that great to begin with. I wouldn't say it has aged poorly though, since if you cut out all the repetition and excised everything related to Happosai you'd have a solid show.

Even with the proposed alterations it skews too slapstick for me, but I totally get why people did like it and still like it. It has broader appeal than something like Inuyasha, which requires enjoying a specific combination of genres to compensate for some of its own repetition.

Liking anything more than Kill La Kill will be the norm in the future. History will prove me right.

Wizard Barristers
was still worse than Kill la Kill this season.

I seriously think every post you've made here is about Buddy Complex haha

I'm gonna start calling you psyhconinja 2

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bluray episode 11 will change our stance on this. History will prove me right.

If only that was the nail in the coffin. Ando could have literally animated a new universe into existence with a blunt crayon and it wouldn't have saved the show.

Link Man

Banned
Kyousougiga 2

ipVregevkA3rF.jpg

Koto is too adorable.

Strike the Blood, who's the worst girl that won, that people are saying and please don't tell me it's
Yukina
Except that
Both main girls won We have a cannon future where koujou has a kid with asagi and a kid with yukina and it's quite possible he has more kids than that .
so unless you were waiting for a vatler end , there is no problem.

Inuyasha is pretty good.

At least, I loved it. It has its flaws, but the series has a lot of heart, and Takahashi's character work put in the context of a shounen battle series actually created a pretty interesting result, and there are some great emotional moments. Of course, there's also a lot of padding.
*Nods

Inuyasha is deeply flawed but stay entertaining. My only problem is that sango should have more attacks at her disposal but other than that everything was fine ... inuyasha was one of the few anime where i loved even the fillers !

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 8

Generally babies in shows suck unless they're Maggie, Hana-chan, or the wee baby Shamus, but this one wasn't too bad besides having that goofy looking tooth. Washu-chan shows off her maternal side while the others flounder in trying to care for the kid. Like when Ryoko just filled his bottle with milk powder instead of making milk.

Oh it bothers me too.

Except that
Both main girls won We have a cannon future where koujou has a kid with asagi and a kid with yukina and it's quite possible he has more kids than that .
so unless you were waiting for a vatler end , there is no problem..

I watched the final scene for the hell of it. Never understand why
some children call their parents by their first name. Like Asagi's daughter did with Kojou

MikeMyers

Inuyasha is deeply flawed but stay entertaining. My only problem is that sango should have more attacks at her disposal but other than that everything was fine ... inuyasha was one of the few anime where i loved even the fillers !

Yeah Sango's pretty much the weakest link of the main four. In fact I'm pretty sure she is the only one who never even gets to kill a Naraku Incarnation/Band of Seven member, if memory serves me right.

Still I like her quite a lot and think all the characters get a good amount of screentime.

wonzo

Banned
If only that was the nail in the coffin. Ando could have literally animated a new universe into existence with a blunt crayon and it wouldn't have saved the show.
Now I'm imagining Ando scribbling on a bluray disc with a crayon BRS style. lmfao

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 15

Uh, Coconna can sing. And she can sing pretty darn well. Fyana who? Coconna is best girl, people. Get on her level.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tenchi Muyo! OVA 8

You have to understand that honorifics are inherently problematic, and when they're called attention to in a show it's especially difficult to actually translate when you can't get away with just rephrasing the way things are said to be more or less polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom