• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nisekoi 4

nisekoi-3.jpg

Nice to have a character like Ruri who is basically someone who voices the audience. This episode was also pretty hilarious. This show just tickles my funny bone. It just hits all the right notes. I like how Chitoge pokes fun at Ichijo's effeminate looks all the time. Glad the show acknowledges that.

Plainly put it's just fun to watch. This show is basically one of the reasons why I love RomCom genre so much. :D

Gbraga

All will be explained in ep 23

Ok, that made sense. Still not very fond of this arc, but I guess it makes sense to finish it like this.

It feels like there is way too much stuff in the open to be properly wraped up in the finale, but it's ok, at least I still have a little bit of Suzuka left to watch.

Theonik

The two titles that interest me in there as of now is a) If they did a decent HD master for Cagliostro b) Is the Spirited Away master any good since it's a new release.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

If they had more time to flesh stuff out, I think it would have worked as an amazing sequel TV series. It would have been able to build more atmosphere at the beginning and also develop Homura more. The ideas behind the movie are great, they just didn't have enough time.

From what I've read, they thought of making another TV series at first, but they said that they didn't have enough material in mind to stretch it out for another series.

If they do make another series(which they will and should, that WAS the purpose of the third movie), I might forgive them for the third movie
IF it fixes the mess the third movie created.

The worrisome part of this is the fact that, IIRC, Urobuchi said he's written all there is to it for Madoka, and I think he won't write whatever sequel they may make.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
From what I've read, they thought of making another TV series at first, but they said that they didn't have enough material in mind to stretch it out for another series.

If they do make another series(which they will and should, that WAS the purpose of the third movie), I might forgive them for the third movie
IF it fixes the mess the third movie created.

The worrisome part of this is the fact that, IIRC, Urobuchi said he's written all there is to it for Madoka, and I think he won't write whatever sequel they may make.

What else is there? I have no idea what they could even do that would be half as interesting as what happened in the final act of the film.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
;)

It's more that the first battle/arc wasn't really interesting or what I was looking for. Thankfully Yamato came along and the rest is history.

For me there's just a special place in anime hell for Tytania so it hurts to see it compared to LOGH in any capacity beyond the fact that they're both Ishiguro space operas. Not to mention Tytania being the standard of reference here and not the other way around. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I hope that's just the DVD Box because I won't buy it if it doesn't have the classy BD covers.
Reversible covers!

For me there's just a special place in anime hell for Tytania so it hurts to see it compared to LOGH in any capacity beyond the fact that they're both Ishiguro space operas. Not to mention Tytania being the standard of reference here and not the other way around. lol
Hehe. Gotta love recency bias.
(It's not my fault I watched Tytania first!)

Lain

Strike The Blood 24

So this is how this show ends, with a pretty bad fight, lots of NextGen CA, little explanations, some winks at the future. Not surprising, the show has never been good. At least there was some jiggling boobs.

Nisekoi 5

Ah the swimsuits episode. They knocked it out of the park this time. Moved the story ahead a bit while somehow making it funnier then the last episode. The after credits sketches were a lot funnier this episode too and had me rolling. I am gonna be really sad when I finish this. It's legitimately funny and enduring. Love the show.

What else is there? I have no idea what they could even do that would be half as interesting as what happened in the final act of the film.

Well for starters, they could
elaborate on the inevitable infuriating fact that Madoka and Homura are going to become enemies.

They'll do what they always do with Madoka. Everything's all fine and dandy at first, then something screws up and things get darker and darker until the flaws of Homura's new world are brought to light and Madoka faces against Homura in a super godlike battle.

I've seen multiple fanficitons depicting different reactions to how Madoka takes Homura's betrayal. One where Madoka's really judemental to Homura, one where she's waaaay too forgiving to her, etc.

The more realistic idea I have is that Madoka would beg Homura to change the world back to the way it was before Homura took over, then she'll forget the entire thing. I would assume she wouldn't want to believe that Homura is truly going against her ideals. Homura refuses, and the battle ensues. Madoka can't bring herself to kill Homura, Homura isn't changing things back the way they were. I honestly have no plausible idea what could come next after that.

Either all, them
ending the third Madoka movie like that
is not acceptable for me, and that's why I don't like it at ALL.

Strike the Blood 24

So we fight a CG dragon.

And another show where what happens in the last episode is something I was slightly interested in again.

Gbraga

Tokyo Ravens 24

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET,
Hishamaru is so gorgeous! Holy crap can't believe I'll only get to see her for this episode.

It was a weird finale though, I mean, it was pretty good, and all the themes and events were definitely series finale worthy, but, how can I explain it? It's like the characters weren't acting like it was a finale, they were even setting up new plots, even the "final boss" was a pretty lame last fight.

I enjoyed it, but it felt more like a "see you guys on Spring!".

People have been hyping Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei a lot lately is the LN really that good.

The LN is pretty focused and well written giving good development to multiple classmates and never truly feeling like a one man do all type of show. The conflicts, magical basis and science theory of the Eidos and more, and magical problems are all really compelling and well thought out.

Visually and musically, at least based on what was shown in yesterdays 20 or so minute clip show of sorts, its doing a good job of carrying over many of the feelings of the series, as well as looking and sounding quite amazing.

Only thing that would harm the anime is if they try to do too many books.

saki nationals 12

another season when? 4 years?
end of 2014 if my memory is correct .

Tokyo Ravens 24

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET,
Hishamaru is so gorgeous! Holy crap can't believe I'll only get to see her for this episode.

It was a weird finale though, I mean, it was pretty good, and all the themes and events were definitely series finale worthy, but, how can I explain it? It's like the characters weren't acting like it was a finale, they were even setting up new plots, even the "final boss" was a pretty lame last fight.

I enjoyed it, but it felt more like a "see you guys on Spring!".
Well that is because the story is not complete i still think that they managed to get things done enough that there is some satisfaction and just enough so people who enjoyed Tokyo ravens can look forward to more. i'm quite satisfied that everyone got his moment in the spotlight , even Kon ( kon da best )
tokyo ravens worth catching up?

stopped around... 14 or so?

I think the second part of this anime is miles better than the first.
The second part actually has things happenning unlike the first where you think you'rein a bad romcom

Gbraga

tokyo ravens worth catching up?

stopped around... 14 or so?

If you stopped because you didn't like it, then I have to say no. If you were enjoying it but stopped for no reason, then sure, it's about the same quality to the end. The fighting part definitely improves a lot though.

Well that is because the story is not complete i still think that they managed to get things done enough that there is some satisfaction and just enough so people who enjoyed Tokyo ravens can look forward to more. i'm quite satisfied that everyone got his moment in the spotlight , even Kon ( kon da best )

I guess I just wish they went with a filler ending then instead of setting up a season 2 that will never come. Unless it does, I'd like that.

end of 2014 if my memory is correct .

I think the second part of this anime is miles better than the first.
The second part actually has things happenning unlike the first where you think you'rein a bad romcom

lol i actually kinda enjoyed the romcom yet serious stuff was just way over my head :X

Gbraga

Now that my mind was blown away by the stealth best girl this season, time to start Oreimo. Wish me luck.

lol i actually kinda enjoyed the romcom yet serious stuff was just way over my head :X

My man. Suzuka is so best. I think you'll probably like it then since the serious stuff gets way better, it kinda gets in the way of the Persona Social Link at the end, but that's to be expected. They can't finish the whole thing with Bakatora and Suzuka going on a date, unfortunately.

Now that my mind was blown away by the stealth best girl this season, time to start Oreimo. Wish me luck.

My man. Suzuka is so best. I think you'll probably like it then since the serious stuff gets way better, it kinda gets in the way of the Persona Social Link at the end, but that's to be expected. They can't finish the whole thing with Bakatora and Suzuka going on a date, unfortunately.

do the protags ever get anything done or is it just the baller old dudes?

Ace of Diamond Episode 25
BkBgMoKCQAEFJWm.png

Wonderful end card, I almost feel like Ive seen the artist's art somewhere before.

Content wise pretty exciting, I dont know how Akikawa could win just based on relying on Shun there and everyone else not really having much strenght, especially with how they feel their team is before and after him.

Furuya's dedication is good even with the heat.

Link Man

Banned
Toradora 17

iZYYjqCNNe3AF.jpg

Well, this was a fun little episode. Haruta's dream, my god.

Oh, and now that I've heard all the OP's and ED's for the series, gotta say that Vanilla Salt is the best of all.

CorvoSol

Macross 7 6

Okay, so, here are my problems with the series thus far, now that I feel I can appropriately articulate them.

1. Nekki Basara. Specifically, the prima donna way he behaves. Like, I get it. Macross pilots are all losers. SDFM Hikaru was an indecisive fuck who pretty much toyed with the lives of two women for five years. Hibiki Kanzaki was a megalomaniacal shit whose idea of journalism was so yellow it'd make J Jonah Jameson look like a saint. Isamu was an excessively lucky bastard. And now Nekki is a spoiled brat who thinks he's God's next Minmay in the universe despite repeated failures. This episode was almost good for him, since Nekki was forced to actually use force to defend people, but because Nekki is a spoiled piece of shit he has to go all Gundam and blame it on someone else. I seriously hope someone decides to Bright slap the shit out of Nekki.

2. Milia Jenius. Like, what the fuck happened here? This is a woman who decided to desert the military force she had known her entire life and risk it all on a man she loved. Now she's separated from Max and she's trying to force her daughter into marriage? Like what the fuck? How is any of this in character for her at all?

3. We're 6 episodes in and we don't even know what the bad guys are called, and aside from "collecting Spiritia" whatever that is, we have NO idea what they want. This wasn't a problem in SDFM/DRYL or +, but you know where else this was a huge problem? Macross II. And that is NOT a good sign.

Now, aside from that, there are good things going on in this show. Dopey 14 year old Mylene is so far a believable, likeable character. Ray and Veffidas aren't so bad. I mean, Ray is basically "nice old guy" and Veffidas, much like all percussionists I knew in High School, is just a zombie who sits there and bangs on things. I actually like the setting, and the animation itself is really not bad. Sometimes really dumb things happen and it's totally fine, like Nekki's Valkyrie being modified to operate with a guitar or the motorcycles in space bit, but other times things just happen and are dumb, like the entire plot of the motorcyclists hating the band for no reason.

There's sparks of hope in this show, and given time, maybe it'll become something really great.

Gbraga

Man, just started Oreimo, the quality is pretty bad on Crunchyroll, huh? I guess it'll have to do, but I hope it gets better later on.

I liked the intro, it was a clever way to present the title.

Nisekoi 6

Nooooo! She was sooo close to confessing. And is the show really going for the "both girls were promised 10 years ago by a little boy". Don't do that.... but I saw that coming because of the ED. Still a pretty funny episode. And we move along...

Still loving that OP.

Man, just started Oreimo, the quality is pretty bad on Crunchyroll, huh? I guess it'll have to do, but I hope it gets better later on.

I liked the intro, it was a clever way to present the title.

Oh man. Oh geez.

I wish you luck with Oreimo.

Also the more I see of Nisekoi the more I wanna watch, but knowing it's basically a prettier IS with no development between the girls and him is enough of a reminder to keep the fuck away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom