• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

It was helpful on the occasional reference to japanese-only knowledge, such as comedians and tv stars.

Eh, I don't feel like it really enhances it knowing what they reference. Like, the notes can say: "Note: This joke refers to famous Japanese boxer yadda yadda", but I have no connection to this person so that still means nothing to me. It's more necessary for untranslatable puns I guess.

I don't have anything against notes, though! They can be helpful, I just think Gintama's are excessive.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

TnSMmmhmmm.gif

You know what's weird, I used to not bother with Mecha/Gundam anime but for some reason I'm starting to watch more. What The Hell Has Happened To Me Have I Changed!

Theonik

Kaiji S2 04-10
It's definitely slowed down a fair amount but it's still exciting so whatever.
The foreman bet was an amazing thing to behold.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm surprised they actually put what seems like a hard stop. Didn't expect that given the knowledge of the manga still going. Though I guess they could just fast forward to being in college together.

I liked its sitcom nature...just that I wanted more of an underlying story I think.
I would ask you to watch the episode again, if you thought that it was any kind of ending. lol

As a form of graduation trope, they really did something special and I think unexpected.

Gazoinks

stationery > Made-up names > stationary > made-up exclamations > stationary > ninja

Made-up exclamations vaguely reminiscent of a certain Scooby Doo character > stationary stationery > Made-up names > stationary > made-up exclamations > stationary > ninjas

AnathemicOne > Made-up exclamations vaguely reminiscent of a certain Scooby Doo character > stationary stationery > Made-up names > stationary > made-up exclamations > stationary > ninjas

Made-up exclamations vaguely reminiscent of a certain Scooby Doo character > stationary stationery > Made-up names > stationary > made-up exclamations > stationary > ninjas

Awesome ninjas > Made-up exclamations vaguely reminiscent of a certain Scooby Doo character > stationary stationery > Made-up names > stationary > made-up exclamations > stationary > ninjas

Basically ninjas are the best and the worst.

Quasar

I would ask you to watch the episode again, if you thought that it was any kind of ending. lol

As a form of graduation trope, they really did something special and I think unexpected.

I really must not be paying attention then. Looked to me like folks graduating and thus moving on, with it ending with the sushi gag.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Seitokai Yakuindomo* (Season 2) - 13 [END]

cKYf52p.png
oiJgFBf.png

My favorite joke and Hata with that real talk

Without a doubt one of the better episodes from this season. I'm just surprised
they skipped to the graduation.
If they weren't planning on doing any more seasons then fine, but otherwise... why would you do that?!

cajunator

Banned
Hidamari Sketch x 365 - 1-13

What I liked most about this second season was how assured it felt compared to the first. Right from the get-go the production values were noticeably improved and the use of pattern backgrounds and dot shading were more visually consistent. Moreover, the show seemed like it was trying to break the formula of the first by attempting to do much more with its side characters and episodes. Unlike the first season, there are numerous character specific episodes, origin episodes, more fleshed out side characters, and waaay more sawashiro. All of which, I would say, were handled rather successfully resulting in a more well-rounded, livelier show fitting of its new OP. An improvement in every way.

DOING GODS WORK

Well the article had some pretty good gifs so it was of some use.

I don't hate on MAL, that's the database [database living in the database] I use and it's very useful to add anime to my list. I just find the forum community very... anime fan stereotypy. Like a bunch of western kids trying to act otaku.

You know when they use words like

"Oh this episode was amazing-desu, the imouto is so kawaii* desu-ne <(^_^)>!!!!"

*Translator's note: Kawaii means cute in Japanese

Whenever somebody talks like that I think they all look and act like this

edit: OH MY FUCKING GOD. NOW THAT I'VE SEEN THE ANIME I RECOGNIZE THE SONG.

NO. MY IMMERSION. FUCK YOU.

BAD DOG NO BISCUITS

Shengar

Eh, I don't feel like it really enhances it knowing what they reference. Like, the notes can say: "Note: This joke refers to famous Japanese boxer yadda yadda", but I have no connection to this person so that still means nothing to me. It's more necessary for untranslatable puns I guess.

I don't have anything against notes, though! They can be helpful, I just think Gintama's are excessive.

Learn Japanese is not enough, you need to learn Japan itself to understood those reference .
I never bothered by them personally, being feed up by notes for the jokes since childhood.

These posts really warm my heart~

So I'm curious how are the other seasons after this? I know you said they introduce new characters, but I don't really have any expectations aside from new characters and the graduation stuff at the end. Trying to decide if I'll keep going at the rate I am or take a break to continue with Aria.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really must not be paying attention then. Looked to me like folks graduating and thus moving on, with it ending with the sushi gag.

Seitokai Yakuindomo* (Season 2) - 13 [END]

Without a doubt one of the better episodes from this season. I'm just surprised
they skipped to the graduation.
If they weren't planning on doing any more seasons then fine, but otherwise... why would you do that?!

Wow. I'm surprised people are getting April Fooled. lol

Watch the ending again and pay careful attention. lol

So I'm curious how are the other seasons after this? I know you said they introduce new characters, but I don't really have any expectations aside from new characters and the graduation stuff at the end. Trying to decide if I'll keep going at the rate I am or take a break to continue with Aria.
Production values and direction are pretty consistent throughout the show. The two freshmen who join the show give Yuno and Miyako chances to senpai it up which is always a treat. Only real complaint is that Nori (new resident) who doesn't detract from the show doesn't really bring much to it, she's mostly there to keep Nazuna (WHO IS SO CUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom