• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puchimas!! 02

v9UPqBxl.jpg

Wouldn't be Puchimas! without Producer getting arrested.

Setokai yakuindomo * - END
Why is it over ?
WHY

WHYYYYYYY

Uomi - best sister
Hagimura : best animated head sentences
Hata : Best investigator
Mitsuba : Best pure girl
Kotomi : the sister everyone needs but nobody has .
Nene : Best pool of knowledge.
Toki : most awesome jodu fight scene

Special mention ( Kaede ) :

1383429300713.gif

At least your heart is slowly melting , kaede.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Really looking forward to see what the new season brings in terms of the new shows :)

Majin Bone - 01

I can't.

Production values and direction are pretty consistent throughout the show. The two freshmen who join the show give Yuno and Miyako chances to senpai it up which is always a treat. Only real complaint is that Nori (new resident) who doesn't detract from the show doesn't really bring much to it, she's mostly there to keep Nazuna (WHO IS SO CUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) company.

I like what I'm hearing. Seems like that might be a good break point too, but I'm sure I'll return to the Hidamari Apartments soon enough. I appreciate the help!

cajunator

Banned
I love sportsball!

Its called squeeball!

Production values and direction are pretty consistent throughout the show. The two freshmen who join the show give Yuno and Miyako chances to senpai it up which is always a treat. Only real complaint is that Nori (new resident) who doesn't detract from the show doesn't really bring much to it, she's mostly there to keep Nazuna (WHO IS SO CUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) company.

Nazuna is up there with the cutest of Cutes.

You know what was a really nifty anime from the 1990s that nobody ever brings up? Sorcerer Hunters.

I agree with this shardy

Gbraga

Man, Oreimo 9 was amazing, easily the best episode so far. Kuroneko's sister is the cutest thing ever. And the way Kirino talks to her visual novels reflects the audience so well, I could see myself there doing the exact same thing.

So good :')

It seems some people are not man enough to admit that they watched Sakura Trick for the Lesbian scenes and only the lesbian scenes.

And then proceeded to stop because it was bad for their heart.

Moonphase 8-9
Now to the first real action arc to the series.
Elfriede is a pretty smart character. Using this opportunity to free herself was pretty damn smart. And then Kouhei nearly dying by Hazuki's hand (well technically Luna's) is considerably dark. Especially considering the opening
Moonphase 10
Now drama.
The challenge to the vampiric lifestyle while not wholly original idea, was still written pretty well i would say.

Moonphase 11
Now a cat suit. I like Kaoru being a little mischievous. Adds some flavor to her archetype.

Toriko Episode 147 [END]
tumblr_n366ycmdgF1sbpqbvo1_500.gif

Solid ending for the series using Guts Guts Guts and Gourmet Shock in actually good places. Though the content has been an issue for the past few weeks, the ending giving was actually smart and worthwhile for it and certainly nothing of the sort to make me proclaim Toei as the destroyer of anime.

Toriko was a solid series never breaking out of the mold of being an average shonen oriented action series taking inspiration from Dragonball Z and One Piece. The food elements for the anime with the excellent announcer and his incredibly soothing and memorable voice kept me hooked. It was saddening when some episodes didnt feature him or even Tina's Gourmet news and other extra things to get him involved as it gave the series the extra oomf it needed to make me forgo trying to following the mangas bad art week after week. I will probably go into the manga now as Ive been doing these past few episodes to see what is going on with these antagonists this arc.

Mega Raba indeed. 5/10.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It seems some people are not man enough to admit that they watched Sakura Trick for the Lesbian scenes and only the lesbian scenes.

And then proceeded to stop because it was bad for their heart.

I was repusled by the idea that Sakura Trick would be that yet surprised me, it really needed to work on its character balance, the supporting staff got shafted for screen time.

Theonik

Kaiji S2 12
Bog pacing or not watching Kaiji plan things is still very exciting, though I am starting to feel hints of regret about the second season at this point.
In part this is also because of how complete S1 is. Including its end it makes a perfect statement of the dangers of gambling an in its execution feels like Kaiji's arc comes to its natural conclusion. Instead S2 appears to have a much different tone, and Kaiji appears even more heroic. In a way this is progress, but I still think S1 was more exciting. Of course, everything was more pressing, and there was a greater focus on the transient nature of gambling, which is still here but it feels like a much longer battle of planning.

Doki Doki Precure shit

The Selfish awakened when 10,000 year old ruins were dug up in the outskirts of the Trump Kingdom. Jonathan was sent to guard the investigation.
・One of the excavated Lovies was brought into the Kingdom, and when Makoto happened to touch it, she awakened as Sword.
・Joe took the remaining Lovies to the human world.
・ Selfish are immortal.
・Leva and Gula seemed to disappear, but if enough bad energy accumulates, they'll regain their human forms. Goma and Lust too, probably.
・On that note, the worlds that Leva and Gula destroyed, as well as the Precure that were defeated by Goma and Lust, should also have been revived when Proto-Selfish was beaten.
・ The Princess is residual thoughts.
・ In the last episode, Regina is in 1st year middle school and Aguri is in 5th year elementary.
・ In the movie, Regina was late for the wedding along with Joe
・ Regina and the King moved to Solitaire. The owner was gone, so they remodelled Solitaire and they live there now, it seems.
・The store originally belonged to Yotsuba Real Estate, but Alice gave it to Okada in exchange for Lovies. Talk about a straw millionaire.
・The classmates who appeared in the movie weren't given first names in particular. But you can use Nikaido Takuya, Momota Tsubasa, and Yashima Chihiro.
・ Had Nikaido been jealous of Hiromichi, he would have been under a bit more pressure.

cajunator

Banned
Just remember who's waiting for you!

hbNN0QG.gif

Voiced by HnnnnnngGawa herself.

YOU GOTTA WARN ME ZACHY

Moonphase 8-9
Now to the first real action arc to the series.
Elfriede is a pretty smart character. Using this opportunity to free herself was pretty damn smart. And then Kouhei nearly dying by Hazuki's hand (well technically Luna's) is considerably dark. Especially considering the opening
Moonphase 10
Now drama.
The challenge to the vampiric lifestyle while not wholly original idea, was still written pretty well i would say.

Moonphase 11
Now a cat suit. I like Kaoru being a little mischievous. Adds some flavor to her archetype.

This pleases me greatly.

CorvoSol

Giant Robo 5

No, that's okay, I didn't need my heart. You can tear it out, break it into tiny pieces and stomp on it. I'm only crying my damn eyes out now.

Yes. I'm also probably one of the few defenders of the ending. /shrug

Baseball? Communist?

YOU'VE LOST YOUR WAY

I think...you're actually the communist in disguise! You're the chameleonian!

Do not speak of the things that are silly com- friend. Why would such a glutenous Western pig such as myself who holds no account for hard work or the appreciating of smaller things such as delicious flavor of radish, be a glorious Soviet? No I'm afraid I am capitalistic swine. No more of the discussing

Narag

Hyouka 4

I swear this looks better than some anime movies I've seen. At times at any rate. Good way to end it too that works as a great hook for the next episode.. Curious to resolution and eager to see more of Oreki get drawn out of his shell.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 4

I swear this looks better than some anime movies I've seen. At times at any rate. Good way to end it too that works as a great hook for the next episode.. Curious to resolution and eager to see more of Oreki get drawn out of his shell.

uhmm...

Feels come hard and fast. But very enjoyable show.

That one episode...I nearly died. I came so close to having a heart attack right there and just keeling over.

jman2050

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Act 2 1

We spend a minute or two rehashing jokes from the first season and then... we... suddenly Harvest.. Moon?

Wait what? What?

What even is this episode?!

Hyouka 4

Those are beautiful screens. Kind of want to watch it now...

uhmm...

That one episode...I nearly died. I came so close to having a heart attack right there and just keeling over.

If that had gone the way it was headed I was probably gonna drop the show right then and there. Would have been far too depressing.

Oreimo 11

Oh my fucking god, I think I'm in love now. Let's start a beautiful family together, Kiririn.

Episode 12 might be my favorite single episode in all of anime. Friendship asks for nothing in return!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hyouka 4

someone who appreciates good anime for a change :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom