• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatami Galaxy: End
I finished Tatami Galaxy. It was thoroughly entertaining. Though it got exhausting at points with the level of monologues and semi-abstract storytelling. Most definitely worth a watch. If not because of the plot, then for the animation and characters. Don't know if I'm up for a series review as it'd be hard to review this as a whole thing since it isn't standard anime and most of the praise would go to the visuals and animation. The plot isn't easy to discuss, but the theme of choices shaping our future was not overlooked.

BdWj7Y9.gif

Tatami Galaxy gets an 8/10

The Boys Love awards list posted today has so many good choices.

1 - Free!
2 - Attack on Titan
3 - Kurobas
4 - Gintama
5 - Utapri
6 - Yowapeda
7 - Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East
8 - Ace of Diamond
9 - Hetalia
10 - Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist

Id have knocked Gintama down...removed Hetalia and instead had Karneval which seems like an odd omission. I wonder if it was in the 20s. Oh well, hoping Haikyuu!! gets on their next time. Free! ftw and Makai Ouji too with our William Twining and Dantalion and of course Hakkenden for Shino. Ace of Diamond for Miyuki and Furuya.

jgminto

visual novels are games tho
Video Games are just about hitting blocks and eating ghosts. Visual Novels are about things that are much more important, like scoring with that chick with no legs or scoring with that Eldrich Abomination or scoring with some cyberpunk dude to techno music or scoring with an entire classroom of insane high school girls before being decapitated. Video Games don't offer that level of sophistication.

Why don't you check the nearest Flamenco? Maybe it's in there?

no anime this year will top Samurai Flamenco.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh I loved Samumenco but not as much as others. It fizzled out near the end. In fact everything pre-gorilla and post-alien flamenco was not something I'd write home about. I'm sure something will surpass it and I'll call that AOTY. Chances are AnimeGAF will have Mushishi or Jojo as their #1 pick.

Gbraga

JoJo-Teaser-part-3.png

I beg to differ.

As soon as I'm done with Oreimo, I want this all over me. OOOOH PLEEASE

The power of the Lotus is too stronk, I need that soundtrack, I need to watch Jojo.

Toradora Episode 12
Im trying to find out what makes her father so awful, they're saying he is this bad man, but they arent showing me, hopefully next episode will tell me some more.
On that note this episode had some really good animation in places which I guess is fine since its not likeits being concentrated on a action scene or whatever.

Hahahahaha, what did you do to get that tag?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Toradora Episode 12
Im trying to find out what makes her father so awful, they're saying he is this bad man, but they arent showing me, hopefully next episode will tell me some more.
On that note this episode had some really good animation in places which I guess is fine since its not likeits being concentrated on a action scene or whatever.

The power of the Lotus is too stronk, I need that soundtrack, I need to watch Jojo.

Man, the moment it was announced I couldn't wait. I could be watching some great anime and be like "Wow, this is great. I want to watch JoJo"

Oh and you're watching OreImo S2 right?

Heh

Have fun~

Toradora Episode 12

soon(tm)

man I love toradora. I marathoned that over a couple of days. great show.

Gbraga

Man, the moment it was announced I couldn't wait. I could be watching some great anime and be like "Wow, this is great. I want to watch JoJo"

Oh and you're watching OreImo S2 right?

Heh

Have fun~

So far, so good. It felt like the world was about to end when
this fucking idiot asked time to think about Kuroneko's absolutely delicious confession
, but everything was settled.

Teshima and Aoyagi is the best/most likely one. Makishima and Toudou is also probably a thing.

Hm. Kinjou is my favorite, but I can't find a good pair for him, so I really had no idea.

As long as Kill la Kill doesn't win.

We might need Jojo to save us from that.

foxuzamaki

Hahahahaha, what did you do to get that tag?
I made this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757835&highlight=
and its self explanatory, especially when you read the first page, and before and after that it became sorta a joke in toonamigaf that I dont read OPs and once or twice havent read the Op in one of my threds, so seda suggested the tag for me
soon(tm)

man I love toradora. I marathoned that over a couple of days. great show.

oh dear

CorvoSol

that's so raven

Think about it. Bike got to touch all the dicks in the show. More than any other person. Just try to remove this horrible idea from your head.

gundam build fighters true aoty so far

Damn right.

As long as Kill la Kill doesn't win.

So far it's only in 3rd place to me. When JoJo's happens it will fall out of 3rd. Assuming we're still doing 3 votes only, that means that it won't even get a vote.

Gbraga

I made this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757835&highlight=
and its self explanatory, especially when you read the first page, and before and after that it became sorta a joke in toonamigaf that I dont read OPs and once or twice havent read the Op in one of my threds, so seda suggested the tag for me

oh dear

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT WAS SO GOOD

Think about it. Bike got to touch all the dicks in the show. More than any other person. Just try to remove this horrible idea from your head.

So that's why Onoda smiles so much

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit with Samurai Flamenco there. I realize there are other anime out there that are genuinely better than Samurai Flamenco.

But say what you like about your favourite anime folks, the fact is none of them will provide quite the same experience one has watching Flamenco.

foxuzamaki

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit with Samurai Flamenco there. I realize there are other anime out there that are genuinely better than Samurai Flamenco.

But say what you like about your favourite anime folks, the fact is none of them will provide quite the same experience one has watching Flamenco.

indeed

I could watch a movie about an ass farting on screen for 2 hours. I'll never have another experience like it, doesn't mean the ass deserved the oscar.

And it stole it from DiCaprio to boot.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
AotY is something that we haven't even heard of yet and won't be licensed for streaming so only AnimeGAF will vote for it. It's a tradition at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom