• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

I wish everyone would stop ignoring Saori, I really feel bad for her some times >_<

So I'm watching Tropa de Elite 2 (Elite Squad 2) for a class, and while I don't wish for this comment to really be taken as anything extreme, it's sort of dawned on me that the general shape of Honnouji City and specifically the area where Mako's family lived was fairly reminiscent of favelas. Which I felt was a fairly nifty thing.

I really like how they realized the social and cultural impact the first movie had, especially Nascimento (even though it wasn't their intention) and decided to use the sequel to actually send a message they believe in. Nascimento was supposed to be a fucked up guy because of the fucked up situation he lives in, but he became a national hero, so the second movie is pretty much saying that he shouldn't be, but since he is, that's his redemption.

Articalys

Midonin

I find it odd that Funi has more shows announced that I'm picking up than CR at this point. (And I'm expecting Funi to also get Soul Eater Not and Date a Live II).

Maybe that will be remedied tomorrow.

CorvoSol

I really like how they realized the social and cultural impact the first movie had, especially Nascimento (even though it wasn't their intention) and decided to use the sequel to actually send a message they believe in. Nascimento was supposed to be a fucked up guy because of the fucked up situation he lives in, but he became a national hero, so the second movie is pretty much saying that he shouldn't be, but since he is, that's his redemption.

Oh definitely. Nascimento's character is pretty great. Like, it's hard to resist the allure because he's messed up and I think a lot of people find that human factor incredibly relatable. He manages to get across the film's points in a way that I feel is fair without becoming a walking mouthpiece for the writers. He's clearly very conservative, very much so against the liberal ideals of criminal reform, and yet he's also very open about how wrong he is on things, allowing viewers to really draw their own conclusions and see which side is right.

And of course the issues the film covers are extremely relevant.

It's hard not to love him when his narration begins with: "This may look like a cliche from an American action movie, but . . ." *cue drug lords filling his car with bullets.*

something something WIXOSS
It's that wonderful time again, where I start to see random 1st episodes to see if it actually interests me or not! WIXOSS definitely didn't interest me.

So we have a TCG for girls, cards that talk and a plot that feels like Rozen Maiden to me. Also, incest wishes. And then a preview which seems to belong to some sort of horror movie?? Yeah... wasn't really interested on anything, both the card game and overall plot.

I wonder if they'll actually explain the card game system or it will be just some sort of weird wishes and despair thing. I guess I'll discover, but certainly not by me watching it.

Gbraga

Oreimo S2 Episode 6

frnXxyM.gif

IT'S HAPPENING

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ohhhhh my god! Listening to
Mirai talking trash to Shiki in english is so fucking adorable!
My heart. RIP

Midonin

To Heart 08-10

The Akari and Hiroyuki at home episode was cute (and tied back to the scene that opened the series), by far the most romantic episode thus far. Even if Shiho kept interrupting. The school festival episode was a nice look at Hoshina - a good performance by Aya Hisakawa. I notice that it ended before the actual festival began, which is a bit of a break from what I usually see. It's not even followed up on in the next episode. No, that's for the moment I've been waiting for since I began this show. To Heart's own Miharu...

tqKK3YGl.jpg

Multi. I had no idea she was only in two episodes, but as one of Yui Horie's earlier roles, I was curious to see her. She's pretty adorable, even if she's not very good at being a useful robot. That just makes her more lovable. Wagon, Miss Monochrome... when it comes to playing many kinds of robots, one could easily say that Hocchan is Multi-talented.

Knowing there's more Multi has convinced me to continue on to Remember my memories as soon as I'm done here.

You know a pretty good anime, The World God Only Knows, it has pretty good romance and comedy, and the ending to season 3 was pretty amazing with so many feels, damnit Chihiro you da the best. I really hope for a season 4, believe it.

Gbraga

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, KYOUSUKEEEEEEEEEE????

AFTER THAT, YOU WHAT? WHAT???

FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

FUCK THIS SHIT

FUCK
FUC
FUDHJODOPH
JNB

VJ

JUST MAKE THIS SHIT A GAME, I NEED TO GO BACK IN TIME AND COMMAND THIS FUCKING IDIOT

TIME? YOU NEED TIME?

GO FUCK YOURSELF

CorvoSol

Such games are dangerous which is why he/she hasn't realized its a game.

No like I thought there was an actual OreImo video game where you can marry the sister. I distinctly remember there being a thread for it on Gaming Side and it causing a little stir because the promo image was of the brother/sister wedding.

No like I thought there was an actual OreImo video game where you can marry the sister. I distinctly remember there being a thread for it on Gaming Side and it causing a little stir because the promo image was of the brother/sister wedding.

Oh your talking about that, I believe it was on PSP but I may be mistaken.

OreImo ending Spoilers

That happened in the anime too.

None of CR's announcements interest me today, still so far my only shows of interest this season are Jojo S3 and Soul Eater Not though I will check out Wixoss and I did watch that Majin show yesterday which was alright.

CorvoSol

Please, Visual Novel. Far above something as trivial as a game...

Forgive me, minto. My folly has jeopardized our relationship.

W-well, y-yes?

No, it's a sister-fucking game.

/dead

Legitimately where is that gif from, like what show on Nicklelodan.

Yo Gabba Gabba, a show whose creative leads are also members of a favorite childhood band of mine: The Aquabats.

Hozuki no Reitetsu 13

Having a Bon Festival and showing most of the cast all over again was pretty fun.

Gotta say this was one of my most pleasant surprises this season. A very witty and enjoyable show.

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia [END]

finished this today. Gotta say, they handled
her disappearing and return far better in the anime than the manga. They give it much more time and it's so much more heartbreaking. Like, it was really fucking heartbreaking watching it, and then the end... so, so well done.

The feels :3

pFiQdVE.gif

Jintor

Reviewing funi anime?

just whatever they gave me on these disks mang

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia [END]

finished this today. Gotta say,
they handled her disappearing and return far better in the anime than the manga. They give it much more time and it's so much more heartbreaking. Like, it was really fucking heartbreaking watching it, and then the end... so, so well done.

hey, dude, i'm still watching this :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom