• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
1. AnineGAF cabal choice
2. JoJo
3. well-directed, well-produced show with a few vocal detractors
4. Space Dandy because ToonamiGAF
5. a show that unexpectedly reaches several thousand posts in an OT thread, maybe Sailor Moon Crystal
6. something with broad entertainment appeal that's technically average
7. KLK
8. Hunter x Hunter
9. well-directed, well-produced show that wasn't watched by enough people
10. disgusting otaku show that will embarrass everyone by its presence in the list

AOTY is The Boondocks.

This I can get behind.
FsCjSMH.gif

DICK RIDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN OBAMA! OBAMA!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 3

Okay, this show is really goddamn funny. Misa is quickly becoming one of my favorite mahou shoujo villains.
Haha, indeed. The TV show doesn't employ the same art detail as the OVA, but it's stronger otherwise.

By the way, there's a full version of Pixy Misa's song from that ep.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) 04-05

Wow, Queen Elizabeth I was a dick. Still, this is pretty fun. I know the arc ends at like ep 9, so I might just marathon the rest of Phantom Blood tonight.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Space Dandy should be excluded from the AotY vote as part of a separate poll that ranks its best five episodes.

Now that I think about it, Hunter X Hunter Should be AOTY because even the most boring episode is better than the whole season of Kill La Kill.
Shots fired come at me.

Articalys

Anyway, my results for those two shindanamabob thingys were shoujo comedy for genre and osananajimi for character, though having only 15 possible results for the latter is kind of boring. Plus they were both set to change every day so I guess everyone will have multiple personalities in the end.

Crocodile

Oh shit, I totally forgot about Sailor Moon Crystal. That's auto making top 10 just based on notoriety unless they drop ALL THE BALLS with that show.

.......Is it me or is this looking like a GREAT year for anime :)

AOTY is The Boondocks.

XyrOR.gif

Now that I think about it, Hunter X Hunter Should be AOTY because even the most boring episode is better than the whole season of Kill La Kill.
Shots fired come at me.

WOW, what a rebel! Really putting yourself out there on a limb with the unpopular opinions!
In what bubble do you live that you think any shots are actually going to be fired back your way :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 2

So is there a reason that Ramia targeted Misao in particular to be the host where Misa comes from? I feel like it should be because she's so close to Sasami, but I don't think that's been confirmed, at least not yet.
This kind of gets explained later, but Misa isn't really an implanted personality but an emergent one. It's basically Misao with all limits, cares, and inhibitions stripped bare, and then given a deliberate twist towards evil. Misao simply has a ton of stuff bottled up inside. In the end, Tsunami and Ramia picked girls very much like themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom