• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Wait, aren't we talking about Mahouka here? Multi-quote makes thing look confusing.

FMP is still LN trash

UXhMh59.jpg

oh good point.

That's approximately 30 fewer episodes than MSG, Zeta and ZZ COMBINED.

They're so powerful!

And the Master Gundam wasn't even Master Asia's Final Dandy.

What type of MC would you rather have a wimpy snooze complainer or a cold blooded op protagonist?

To be honest Renton is a lot cooler when he's a whiny, over enthusiastic guy than when he's a hard boiled post apocalyptic badass with a gun and another man's voice.

FUCK YOU FOREVER ASTRAL OCEAN.

Gbraga

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT LAST OVA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So fucking dumb.

Argh, the OVAs were so bad this season. Why would they go that route if they were gonna do it in such a lame way? What the FUCK was that with Manami?

Are you seriously saying Ayase and Kuroneko lost for THAT? God, what a lame ass romance they had, what a fucking waste of time. Too much focus on backstory and marrying and stupidity threw away everything they were building up to that point.

I ended up hating the OVAs for all the wrong reasons, I guess, but still.

Eh, other than that it was still really good, very much worth watching. Season 1 is amazing, Season 1 OVAs are amazing, Season 2 is not as good but still pretty damn good and the OVAs for Season 2 are shit.

It really should just be an eroge though, I bet I could make things a lot more interesting than Kyousuke. God, what a lame ass final arc.

At least it made things easier for me, Kuroneko is best girl, no competition.

I wish Ayase's arc was explored a bit more, that was very good while it lasted.

CorvoSol

Probably better than all three combined too.

Oh son ZZ Gundam, son. ZZ. Gundam. And the original MSG, in spite of poor pacing, is not a bad show. Probably actually better than Zeta and ZZ. It helps to look at it as a Super Robot and not as a Gundam show.

Also:

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
Code:
Who Posted? 
Total Posts: 12,657

User Name	Posts
CorvoSol	1,036
TruePrime	705
Megalosaro	670
distantmantra	612
Blader		506
donkey show	429

>Thread made in 2009.
>You started posting it around August 2013.
>Within one year you are now the #1 Gundam poster on NeoGAF.

Now, in my defense, in 1 year I literally watched 99% of the Gundam series. The only Gundam I haven't seen is Gunpla Fighters and X. I've bought like, at least 7 gunpla kits since Gundam Build Fighters began, and so while I haven't read any of the books and only the Cross-Bone manga, I'd say I earned those 1036 posts.

Minus how half of them are cross-posts from AnimeGAF and me arguing about how much 00 and CCA suck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Now, in my defense, in 1 year I literally watched 99% of the Gundam series.

I don't yeah, I don't really like 200 episode series. (But you watch Gundam!) I know and have you heard me talk about it?
(But you watch Gundam!) I know and have you heard me talk about it?
I know and have you heard me talk about it?
have you heard me talk about it?

Thoughts?

cajunator

Banned

CorvoSol

Thoughts?

Considering I spit all over Stardust Memory, Zeta, CCA, F91, AGE, Victory and 00 during that time and I'm having to rewatch Zeta to fix my opinion on it, I stand by what I said. Gundam shows could significantly improve by lasting at least 10 less episodes a piece.

It was destiny. and soon he will reign the animegaf threads.

Are you planning on dying or something? I'll never unhorse you.

Syrinx

Actually, when they adapted the Tenchi OVA into a TV show they pretty much split Mihoshi's character in half. TV Mihoshi, her more airheaded side, is one half. Kiyone, her more competent side, is the other. Both were assigned as partners in the Galaxy Police with Kiyone perpetually frustrated by Mihoshi. This dynamic was carried into the Sammy OVA and Sammy TV.

Is Universe after the OVA series? Wouldn't mind watching that alongside Pretty Sammy. Also just so I know now, which is the point where the show completely falls off a cliff? Was it GXP?

cajunator

Banned
Haibane Renmei 11

Oh shiznit!!!!!! Dat ending. Things might actually be picking up

:D

Indeed it is.

Considering I spit all over Stardust Memory, Zeta, CCA, F91, AGE, Victory and 00 during that time and I'm having to rewatch Zeta to fix my opinion on it, I stand by what I said. Gundam shows could significantly improve by lasting at least 10 less episodes a piece.

Are you planning on dying or something? I'll never unhorse you.

I plan on living quite a while.

So I'm ridiculously slow on this.

But I'm only now catching up on my South Park and I just witnessed Princess Kenny.

sp19nsm6.gif

That 20 second scene was one of the most amazing 20 seconds I've ever witnessed.

Mushishi 19
Aww that was a sweet story. Love that goes beyond planes of existence
If she was a half mushi essentially, does she age?

Gbraga

So, I'm trying to get into visual novels (is this even the right thread to ask?), but how do I know where to start from? I don't know most of them, can I just buy stuff based on how much I like the art and it'll be fine? >_>

I'll start playing it safe with Steins;Gate and Saya no Uta, but I want some waifu stuff too, and I probably never heard about the good ones (at least not the ones that were localized)

EDIT: Just found this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421986

Will look into it tomorrow

Good night, AnimeGAF!

So, I'm trying to get into visual novels (is this even the right thread to ask?), but how do I know where to start from? I don't know most of them, can I just buy stuff based on how much I like the art and it'll be fine? >_>

I'll start playing it safe with Steins;Gate and Saya no Uta, but I want some waifu stuff too, and I probably never heard about the good ones (at least not the ones that were localized)

EDIT: Just found this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421986

Will look into it tomorrow

Good night, AnimeGAF!

Steins;Gate was just released officially in English and now has an OT. Not too sure about Saya no Uta. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790508

Jarmel

Banned
Star Driver 16-
icQDcHs4HdvXZ.jpg

I forgot how much I hated this cunt.
Oh my god at that sakuga. The show definitely knows how to animate fights, I'll give them that. That said, Takuto straight up gets an asspull power. Like it's just so damn random that it's almost funny.
ib1u25yGdpPa3p.jpg

Star Driver doing it before Samurai Flamenco.

Tatsuya's kind of annoying how he swears that he at best is an average magician. Like hell you are, you ain't fooling no one. You know this the whole time and he steadily reveals how OP he is and he's still like "hurr durr I'm a failure"

Fairy Tail - 176

I'm so freaking glad this show is back. I don't care if it has huge flaws, or if the writer is a massive troll on so many levels, I just love these characters. I had a massive smile on my face throughout the entire episode.

DAT NALU IN THE OPENING AND THE ED. SOGOODSOGOODSOGOOD.

If I had one small complaint, I'd like to say that the scene where Sting
lost Lector in the manga was much better there than here. You could see the look of absolute pain and horror on his face as he witnessed his best friend get killed before his eyes in the manga. Here....It's not as strong. I daresay Rogue had a better reaction though. In the manga, he kinda looked all stern while he was protecting Frosch IIRC. In here, he genuinely looked horrified, so well done there.

I kinda feel bad on myself now for catching up with the manga. Now I'm going to have to feel the need to compare every scene in this series to its manga counterpart and make comparisons like I just did! Now I know how the rest of you feel when watching shounen shows like this!

Tatsuya's kind of annoying how he swears that he at best is an average magician. Like hell you are, you ain't fooling no one. You know this the whole time and he steadily reveals how OP he is and he's still like "hurr durr I'm a failure"

Hey having an op MC character isn't bad, especially when you get characters like Kirito.

CorvoSol

Star Driver 16-

Oh my god at that sakuga. The show definitely knows how to animate fights, I'll give them that. That said, Takuto straight up gets an asspull power. Like it's just so damn random that it's almost funny.

Is this the episode where Takuto gains the magic power of the color of red? And it's never explained at all? Because I will admit that right there is the definition of bullshit super powers. That said, this arc was still easily my favorite. It helps that the last two maidens are infinitely more interesting than the first two. Wako is sooo laaaaaame.

Hey having an op MC character isn't bad, especially when you get characters like Kirito.

t9EIru6.gif

Haibane Renmei 12

Hmmmmm.... Well a lot happened. Again this episode is setting up for the endgame.

Alright episode 13. You built all this drama and world up. Now execute. Don't disappoint me.

Jarmel

Banned
Is this the episode where Takuto gains the magic power of the color of red? And it's never explained at all? Because I will admit that right there is the definition of bullshit super powers. That said, this arc was still easily my favorite. It helps that the last two maidens are infinitely more interesting than the first two. Wako is sooo laaaaaame.

But yea, he's getting his ass curbstomped and all of a sudden, he just wrecks Reiji.

Fairy Tail - 176

I'm so freaking glad this show is back. I don't care if it has huge flaws, or if the writer is a massive troll on so many levels, I just love these characters. I had a massive smile on my face throughout the entire episode.

DAT NALU IN THE OPENING IN THE ED. SOGOODSOGOODSOGOOD.

If I had one small complaint, I'd like to say that the scene where Sting
lost Lector in the manga was much better there than here. You could see the look of absolute pain and horror on his face as he witnessed his best friend get killed before his eyes in the manga. Here....It's not as strong. I daresay Rogue had a better reaction though. In the manga, he kinda looked all stern while he was protecting Frosch IIRC. In here, he genuinely looked horrified, so well done there.

I kinda feel bad on myself now for catching up with the manga. Now I'm going to have to feel the need to compare every scene in this series to its manga counterpart and make comparisons like I just did! Now I know how the rest of you feel when watching shounen shows like this!

You don't know how I feel when Hunter X Hunter's manga has been on hiatus for too damn long, when will the next chapter land on this earth.

Jarmel

Banned
Ah, well. The last fight and the fight against President are still the best ones.

Actually I would say Episode 8 had the best fight so far. 16 really is gorgeously animated though. It's just that the powerup is so bullshit that it detracts from the fight.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
What type of MC would you rather have a wimpy snooze complainer or a cold blooded op protagonist?

For me it would be a cold blooded MC as it would make things a fair more interesting and dynamic for me.

a question this devoid of context is meaningless tbh

simon and shinji are both pretty great main characters but they fall at opposite ends of the spectrum

Sorry I worded that sentence incorrectly, I meant that both maybe op in their designated story but Tatsuya is clearly badass and enjoyable unlike Kirito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom