• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future card Buddyfight! Episode 14: Noble Heart! Together with the Dragon Knight!
tumblr_n3j8mfnctC1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_n3j8mfnctC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

A Noboru episode
with him finally getting a new resolve and finding himself and the strenght to make his own decision.
. Good episode with him and Shido, Shido faces are hilarious especially with his voice actor talking in that smooth manner. His Luminize was great too with that english and posing. Dragon Knight, Kamitsumiyaou was the best card followed by Emperor Dragon, Gael Karn. Specifically for Noboru
endgame strategy at one light with that card to destroy the monster instantly and the huge stash of dragon knights in the soul (well I think if this were vanguard it would be called the soul but I forget the term for it here in Buddyfight), was incredible. Team Noboru for life and his good friends too

Gbraga

You know how many shows there are with 'My Little Sister' out there? Either ways this show was watched a while back ago and it helped me keep the fuck away from similar shows. Call it the 'eye opener'.

Onee-chan Ga Kita is the only sister show for me. They managed to take this iffy topic and make it cute/funny.

Onee-chan Ga Kita is so great >_<

I wanna hug Ichika while she hugs Tomo-kun

Corvo can have that arranged.

I feel like I should take offense to to this but I am in way too good a mood. Been driving for 6 hours now and I finally stopped to check what's going on. Corvo watched episode 3 of Clannad so I am pretty good.

*looks at the time*

Well time to hit the road again.

Crunchyroll got Kindaichi Returns

The File of Kindaichi Returns will air on Crunchyroll to audiences starting Saturday starting on April 5, at 3:30 AM Pacific Time, .

The File of Kindaichi Returns will be available to Crunchyroll audiences in the following territories: U.S.A, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Turkey, Latin America (Central and South America including Caribbean), Spain, Portugal.

CorvoSol

FMP The Second Raid 05

The wacky hijinks level is much lower this season. The opening scene felt really perfunctory.

I'm no native speaker, but this Italian sounds...not bad?

Mao's surprisingly good at this espionage/undercover stuff. I'd thought of her as a combat-happy meathead up til now.

Is it just me, or is Sousuke becoming increasingly incompetent even at military communication?

Gate is hanging poolside in an Eastern European winter. Yep.

Sousuke really shouldn't be humoring Chidori like this. She probably wouldn't feel quite as ignored if he just explained he was in the middle of a firefight and that he'd get back to her later instead of dividing his attention.

I think this little two-parter is probably my favorite part of the show. Especially because it shows off Mao's talents. I think the problem is that Mao, while a capable mech pilot, is probably actually better suited to not-mech stuff. Especially since she gets the Worf treatment all the time in the first season.

Strike the Blood 24

Dull end, but we did get to see Moegi.

Surprised to see how similar she looks to Kojou.

She even had his "No, no, no" speech pattern.

While there was hardly anything worth praising this show over. I will say that I enjoyed the characters more so than I thought I would. Can't really say I disliked any of them either, even if someone like Kojou became more oblivious as time went on.

Shame everything else wasn't up to par.

Final Girl Ranking

The only ranking you need to know are all three best girls.

And in card form.

6/10 Passable. The only real reason to watch this is right up there^.

Strike the Blood 24

While there was hardly anything worth praising this show over. I will say that I enjoyed the characters more so than I thought I would. Can't really say I disliked any of them either, even if someone like Kojou became more oblivious as time went on.

Final Girl Ranking

And in card form.

Amen to that, number one for me was Asagi and as for Yukina I didn't hate her but forget her.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Holy shit!
A Hikage with emotions (due to Haruka's medicine)! And she's trying to sexually harass KATSURAGI, the queen of sexual harassment!
I. Have. Seen. Everything.

Bless this game.

OH MY GOD SHE LAUGHS!
THORAXES! THORAXES WHERE ARE YOU?!!!

Andrew J.

I think this little two-parter is probably my favorite part of the show. Especially because it shows off Mao's talents. I think the problem is that Mao, while a capable mech pilot, is probably actually better suited to not-mech stuff. Especially since she gets the Worf treatment all the time in the first season.

Mao really is best woman, (as opposed to best girl). She's too good for any of the men in this show. At least
Kurz is pretty.

Articalys

you know what I just remembered that I miss for no reason whatsoever?

IT'S A PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCH
I just arrived at the terrible realization that besides Nobunaga the Fool (which I dropped) and Mahou Sensou (which I didn't watch), there's been a distinct lack of Mamoru Miyano lead characters across the last and current seasons.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Strike the Blood 24

Final Girl Ranking

And in card form.

Even if I kinda hated this show in the end, I'm glad to see almost everyone is in agreement on the true best girl. La Folia is best forever.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) 11

... The new Jojo opening for Battle Tendency is oddly sexy and fabulous, but I prefer SONO CHI NO SADAMEEEEE.

That aside, Joseph is just so much fun to watch and thank the lord
Speedwagon is alive. I didn't want to say goodbye to him just yet.
Now, to further marathon!

cajunator

Banned
*shrug*

I don't see what's the problem with him.

Hato is THE reason Nidaime is so good.

Mushi-shi -1 Season 1

That was calming to watch.

Lovely music and art too.

Mushishi is very calming, except when its mystifying or creepy, which is often.

Except that animegaf thread are always big so i feel that it's not an issue .

The real intimidating thing is the speed of the thread ( ratio of post/day ) and that's not gonna change anytime soon

Yeah. I slept 4 hours just now woke up to 4 more pages!

Clannad 3

b6gAm3N.png

Tsundad is basically the only character I like so far, but the only actual complaint I came here to make is that this show is introducing way too many characters. I'm not at all a fan of massive casts.

So you really are watching it. cool deal.

To Heart 11-13 + Specials + Final Thoughts

86RODoU.jpg

It's all about the Multi.

The conclusion of her two-parter was really sweet. I liked it more than the Christmas two-parter that followed after, but that also served the purpose of wrapping up the Akari plotline. The love triangle was never turned into too much drama, but since I still have an entire other season to go, I wonder if it'll get brought up again there. For one of the earliest examples of a TV anime based on a visual novel, it still holds up pretty well. The animation relies on a lot of stills, and the pacing is slower, but it never once felt like it was going to lose me.

Multi was by far the best part of the show, but I generally liked all the characters. Lemmy in particular was great for what few scenes she was in. The romance between Akari and Hiroyuki was always there, it was just a matter of them saying it. Even Shiho had to acknowledge that. Animation can change a lot in five years, so when I start on Remember my memories tomorrow, I wonder, visually and compositionally, what the show will look like.

The specials were cute. The last one making a callback to the first episode felt like a nice way to bring things full circle. The bookstore one was the cutest - again, because of Multi.

Multi is the reason To Heart is good. Tamaki is nice too though.

Tatsuya looks stunning in that pose.

The girl does look quite cute!

Aizo

Banned
Does someone have a Japanese TV station anime schedule for this season?

I just moved to a new apartment yesterday, so I missed everything airing last night... Hopefully, I can watch things next week. Damn Kindaichi airs so late...

Syrinx

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 5

Sasami's reaction to her mother's description of what would happen if Sammy didn't show up was perfect. Liked how Pro Karaoke Girl was basically just a girl with a box on her head.

Love how her dad and mom just assumed Sammy would show up. Like she'd even know about what they were doing. Or that being recruited to be an idol and perform without her permission was the same as her fighting evil. But it worked out. Looks like they have a bit longer before some dumbass idea he has ruins the store.

Quasar

You know what the best part of Oreimo was?

When
the brother didn't see his sister as anything more than a sister and dated one of her friends and was super in love with her

You want to know what the worst part of the series is?
everything that happened post-break up with the friend

Seriously. Fuck you creators. You sick bastards.

I wouldn't say that. I liked the Ayase arc that was semi covered in the anime.

Midonin

Multi is the reason To Heart is good. Tamaki is nice too though.
I'll get to TH2 as soon as I can get through several dozen other things. Trying to keep variety in genre and tone means that sequels won't show up for months. Such is the infinite backlog.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On the other hand, if this part taken literally was actually the plot things would be more interesting!
It'd turn out like that weird sister-chastity-belt-incest thing!

I just felt that reflected the confusion in the character. I was fine with Hato. Hell that was my favourite part of Nidaime and I liked it overall.
The problem is that the author doesn't seem to know what the character is. Or at least I don't trust the author to know, even after all this time.

What, visually represented manifestation of the female/feminine labeled parts of his id? (apologies for butchering psychology)

I honestly think comparing to Sakura Trick might be pushing it a bit
It's a character who may or may not be trans and may or may not be gay acting in a manner that is explicitly in service of some otaku-stereotype.
You're right, it's still better than Sakura Trick.
lol

Just seeing where the manga is right now... it just makes the whole thing seem even more ridiculous.

I vastly would have preferred the manga where Madarame hooks up with
Saki
and they get married.

I need to hear your reasoning as to why, because love angst, shitty first season ending, shitty half second season and full retard ending to season 2 do not a better a show make for me.
Korra is the KLK of American anime.

Why are you spoiler-tagging Stands?

Is this spoiler culture?
I'll spoil the manga if you don't shut up!

Can anyone tell me if Yamato has a warm up period? Or if I wasn't too keen on the first episode is it all more of the same after that?
It really depends on what you're looking for. The action and plot amps up, but it's still going to be starship-based science fiction as hell, with a heavy dollop of the so-called neo-retro.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 5

Sasami's reaction to her mother's description of what would happen if Sammy didn't show up was perfect. Liked how Pro Karaoke Girl was basically just a girl with a box on her head.

Love how her dad and mom just assumed Sammy would show up. Like she'd even know about what they were doing. Or that being recruited to be an idol and perform without her permission was the same as her fighting evil. But it worked out. Looks like they have a bit longer before some dumbass idea he has ruins the store.
Nah, Ginji just does it all!

I hereby declare that engrish is the best part of any anime.

Therefore there should be a whole anime with nothing but engrish.
Last arc of Black Lagoon.

cajunator

Banned
I am so sorry I offended the fucking spoiler police. Lock me up and throw me in
jail.

Dont worry Corvy. You did right in marking a spoiler.

I kinda was not a fan of the ships. Like I'm CG averse anyway but every space opera I ever watched has lead me to believe battle ships are big and slow and fighters are small and fast so seeing these ships whizz around real fast was kinda wrong in my eyes. Beyond that the episode was mostly just stage setting, which I can appreciate as a first episode, but it didn't feel like there was anything really strong to hook me in.

I didn't even know what JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was until a month ago. How was I going to know that Stands are some well-known thing?

did you like the CG submarine in FMP? Its pretty rudimentary.

Oreimo S2 - 12

Why does this show keep making me suffer? WHY??? TT_TT

Kyousuke and Kirino better go nuts together to compensate for all those major losses.

Why does this show make you fall in love with Kuroneko and Ayase and then MURDER THEIR DREAMS? Not even full dere Kirino can make up for it now. And I really love Kirino too, but stop doing this to me, Kyousuke. I guess I have to acknowledge his passion, I'd fall in love with the first to declare to me, I'm like that.

PLEASE LOCALIZE THE OREIMO GAMES, SOMEONE! XSEED PLS?

This show loves to murder the dreams of cute girls.

that's so raven!

I legit laughed at this.

BROS FOR LIFE

TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEEEHIIIIIIIIIIIIND

I would agree if I was still on season 1 before the OVAs, but Kuroneko really, REALLY messed with my heart.

I don't even know anymore. I became vulnerable due to this internal dispute and Ayase also got her a place there.

It's usually very simple to me to decide which girl is best girl, but Oreimo is hard.

Mine too. Mine too buddy.

I just arrived at the terrible realization that besides Nobunaga the Fool (which I dropped) and Mahou Sensou (which I didn't watch), there's been a distinct lack of Mamoru Miyano lead characters across the last and current seasons.

If you ever need your MaMo fix, you should watch Wooser.

Articalys

I vastly would have preferred the manga where Madarame hooks up with
Saki
and they get married.
Not sure if you've seen it, but in one of the bonus 4komas included in the recent volumes, there's a short scene that kind of feels like Kio taking shots at the fans who feel this way.

CorvoSol

Mao really is best woman, (as opposed to best girl). She's too good for any of the men in this show. At least
Kurz is pretty.

Melissa really is the best. The longer the series goes the more obvious this is. Tessa and Kaname have nothing on her. I kinda feel that Mao is what 00 was missing in terms of team dynamics. I guess Sumeragi kinda doubles for Mao and Tessa.

It really depends on what you're looking for. The action and plot amps up, but it's still going to be starship-based science fiction as hell, with a heavy dollop of the so-called neo-retro.

Well I'm not expecting say, for them to get in mechs and go all Gunbuster on each other, but I do appreciate a good naval battle in my mecha shows so maybe I'll be able to get into it.

did you like the CG submarine in FMP? Its pretty rudimentary.

Visually? No. Like the first time maybe but I was like, 15. However, when the TDD-1 begins participating in naval battles later on in the series yes, yes I did. I also love maps in SRW games where I have access to the TDD-1 for the same reason.

Like, I like a good ship vs ship fight now and again. The Archangel vs Dominion episodes in the latter half of SEED were pretty good, too, for instance. So Yamato has the potential to be good. I've only seen one episode is all.

OceanBlue

Mushishi Zoku-Shou 1

Fantastic. I wasn't the biggest fan of the story being told, but the pacing and sound direction were so wonderful that I became absorbed anyway. It served as a nice reintroduction to the setting.

Watching the new episodes weekly instead of all-at-once is going to be strange. At the very least, I have more of a reason to look forward to Fridays lol.

Strike the Blood 24

Final Girl Ranking

And in card form.

I'm not even DTL but i'll add vatler to this list ...
Seriously , those 3 gils + vatler MADE THE SHOW , anything else ..Well

Noragami Episodes 1 and 2

This anime seems really underrated because it's really great especially the funny bits which are great and consistent.
On episode 2 ending Yukine was a total dick.

cajunator

Banned
Strike the Blood 24

Final Girl Ranking

And in card form.

Sometimes I honestly watch shows just to see how cute the girls are and act but I think Ill give this one a pass.

I'll get to TH2 as soon as I can get through several dozen other things. Trying to keep variety in genre and tone means that sequels won't show up for months. Such is the infinite backlog.

I know what you mean. I just started TSR after watching Full Metal Panic and having some initial difficulties cause I loved the first one so much.

Man do I love this Opening song from The Irregular at Magic High School

http://youtu.be/pPi1jmhpWTo

It's really catchy.

Its ok but damn this show looks so generic. Has some cuties in it though which is what really matter I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom