• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Driver had those 3 songs. The first two I absolutely adored, the third I could've done without. Each time you saw one of the maidens sing, shit was about to go down

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, a lot of Jojo Part 3 have become It Was His Sled moments and there is really nothing to be done about it.

cnet128

Banned
Season 1 is amazing, Season 1 OVAs are amazing, Season 2 is not as good but still pretty damn good and the OVAs for Season 2 are shit.

Eh, personally I thought the final OVAs were good despite the copout at the end.
Kirino and Kyousuke made such a sweet couple while it lasted that I could pretty much forgive anything. And the way it ended did feel more "realistic" than actually trying to pursue a brother-sister relationship for the rest of their lives, annoying though it was.

Anyway, my headcanon is that Kuroneko forgave Kyousuke for that heart-rending rejection eventually and the two of them ended up together. HAPPY END.

and then I married Kirino

Hey everyone and their mother were openly talking about
Dio
like it wasn't a spoiler!

Well to be fair, that's the one thing you could reasonably say isn't much of a spoiler, since his return was teased at the end of Part 2 and it happens right in the first scene of Part 3 anyway.

Even Stands are more of a spoiler than
DIO
, since there is at least a portion of the first episode where you don't know what they are XD

Thoraxes

I get home from work...
And Stardust Crusaders and Mushishi are just waiting for me. And my tax return just got put into my bank account.

Best. Day. Ever.

Jarmel

Banned
Star Driver 20-
ineLXkt7MfkeA.jpg
NTR

NTR

NTR Everywhere

Quasar

How do you guys feel about SAO 2 that's supposed to come out in 2014. Gonna be your AOTY, must be hyped huh.
Just kidding.

I'm looking forward to the AnimeGAF reaction. In part because of their silly rabid hate, but also because I'm curious to see if GAFs different relationship to shooters versus MMOs has any interesting effects.

I'm also curious to see if seeing the shooter game makes it any better than reading it.

Star Driver 20-

NTR

NTR

NTR Everywhere

Yeah this part of the story kind of depressed me more than others.

But I saw it as a necessity because then we wouldn't have the anime.

IT'S A PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCH

How do you guys feel about SAO 2 that's supposed to come out in 2014. Gonna be your AOTY, must be hyped huh.
Just kidding.

Kirito is the worst kind of gary stu. The kind with luck. I'll watch the show, but I'll complain the whole way through.

Jintor

I'm looking forward to the AnimeGAF reaction. In part because of their silly rabid hate, but also because I'm curious to see if GAFs different relationship to shooters versus MMOs has any interesting effects.

I'm also curious to see if seeing the shooter game makes it any better than reading it.

I'd accept 'rabid', but hating SAO has been repeatedly justified many a time

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 1
I guess it's been a year since the last wacky dorm based comedy. So why not.
PJ9Uw45l.jpg

Masochist character is masochist. Reminds me of that one character from Dog Scissors. Strangely this one note character is really the only thing that stands out about this show. Probably not a good sign.

Akuma no Riddle 1
YbyxgY1l.jpg

What happens next?

I had no idea this got an anime this season too. I guess this is the other pseudo-yuri show of the season, although it's not as explicit as the inane CatDog one.

A combination of the wacky large cast trapped in a tiny setting ala Danganronpa and the magical girlfriend set up of Witchcraft Works with a yuri twist, you have this weird show that is - at least based on what I've read about the manga - seems way more invested in the mystery of the main character than anything else. I don't know if anyone is going to end up watching this, unless you have great need for pseudo-yuri magical girlfriend shows.

Also, it's been a while since I've seen a show be this blatant with its raison d'etre:
BmW8YLJl.jpg

Buy our book please! But after watching the anime and buying that too! lol

Tatsuya is infinitely worse. Thats been scientifically proven.

No because Tatsuya actually has reasons to be a Gary Stu. And he has Batman syndrome of really sad backstory, which makes his Gary Stu-ism all the more lovable and broody.
txq9q80.jpg

Kirito is all "I play vidja gaemz early" and all of a sudden "I have fast reaction times, lol OP powers" then "my luck attribute is so high I simply GET shit thrown to me" and all the ladies like him because he's so nice. Who the fuck isn't nice? Besides tear licker.

Nobody insults my onii-sama

also I found a trope that made me laugh quite a lot
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SympatheticMurderBackstory

I dare one of you to read that and not think of a certain FZ character. That's like the character's whole story lol.

Quasar

I'd accept 'rabid', but hating SAO has been repeatedly justified many a time

I just don't see it as worthy of that level of hate given the scope of anime. The only apparent reason seems to be as a backlash to its popularity.

I don't think it was even the worst anime the season it aired, let alone for all time. Certainly I don't consider it worse than say Kiss x sis.

Akuma no Riddle 1

I suppose this is this season's yurishit show. It seems like it might work if you treat it as a comedy, but this didn't hook me enough to stick around to find out.

This season is striking out so far. Mushishi and Jojo are exactly what we expected them to be, but everything else has been bad.

Jintor

The only apparent reason seems to be as a backlash to its popularity.

Seems like a fine reason to me. I'd give way more shit to something targeted at the mainstream that was craptacular than I would something targeted at an extremely niche audience that was craptacular.

Grzi

JoJo s2 - 01

Great stuff, looks a lot better than the first series, which is enough to make me happy. Everything else that made the first season great is still here, so I'm excited to see how they adapt the rest of this story.

Jarmel

Banned
Star Driver 21-
ibgd1egKha8Nnv.jpg

We Eva now.
This is bad writing. Don't give the villain a powerup that results in forcing the protagonist to actually kill, only to negate it in a bullshit sequence less than 10 minutes later. Not only is it an asspull but it also questions the ability of the writer to be able to deal with serious consequences.

Also lol at Takashi.
tumblr_lso6d2OLz21r0byljo1_250.gif

Bitch came crying back when he realized he was in a den full of psychopaths.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Real Review:

Good god what an annoying series though unlike some people it isn't the yuri elements that are annoying me, it is the fact that I think I hate every character and I refuse to believe that more then 10 minutes could go by without all of these girls trying to brutally murder everybody else. I don't know who said let us go with a restrained thriller tone while having all of these girls basically broadcast on a billboard "I AM AN EVIL ASSASSIN WHO LIKES TO KILL PEOPLE!" with all the subtley and rage of a rusty chainsaw but they need to be fired. That bring said, this is still one of the better episode ones I have seen this season. Of course this season is still young and thank god for that.

Jex

KLK Spoilers

Oh, here's some more Kill la Kill stuff we're expected to swallow as viewers without question, that this killer (?) from episode 8:

Is, as episode 12 details, Nui Harime, as shown in a flashback to the very same event:

klk120is69.jpg

Now call me crazy, but the killer as depicted in episode 8 appears to be slinking away and running off and their visual profile is basically the same at Satsuki's. None of this matches with how Nui appears in episode 12.

Nordicus

Didn't Nui also make a comment about it being a shame that she didn't find Ryuuko? In a house with just 2 people, I'd expect Nui to hear Ryuuko coming in.

I might be misremembering

I'm suffering of LOG horizon anime syndrome ... and i've read all the books available already and i can't play the log horizon table rpg game.. .. I need my log horizon fix ASAP

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, people have been calling bullshit on that twist pretty much since it first happened due to the circumstances pointed out. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if these are elements that get adjusted in like the BD versions in order to make them actually match up.

Thoraxes

My first impression was that it intentional to mislead the viewer into thinking it was Satsuki because
A) Satsuki knew what happened B) Ryuuko was projecting because of her only lead. It was her flashback, and I don't think it would be too far-fetched at all.

I don't think something like that would be changed.
Didn't Nui also make a comment about it being a shame that she didn't find Ryuuko? In a house with just 2 people, I'd expect Nui to hear Ryuuko coming in.

I might be misremembering

Didn't Ryuuko not live at home (dad sent her to a boarding school) and they (Nui/Ragyo) thought she died in infancy?

Jarmel

Banned
Star Driver 22-
iqeuFfW0Inf1i.jpg

Good call.
Oh shit, Vice President actually has speaking lines. Anyway this was a really good episode and actually explains the background for the Cybodies and stuff. It depicts the backstory in an interesting way while also working as a foreshadow device. Enokido loves his plays and he did a really good job with this one.

They also give a good explanation for why Tauburn is broken as fuck, mainly because that's the only Cybody that is calibrated for humans.

wonzo

Banned
Nandaka Velonica 10 END

nandakavelonica10.jpg

I really liked this 10 MINUTE, 10 EPISODE (NO EXCUSES) series so I'm really bummed out there's nothing left as there's something about watching* this really self-absorbed child raised in a hyper-capitalist society slowly open up to those around her and discover the joys of living through the moment instead of a spreadsheet. Hopefully this gets some more series down the line as the cast of characters is so fun to watch they really do deserve more airtime.

also all that sakuga

Puchimas!! 4

puchimasus24.jpg

It's a miracle Makochi's not some enormous fat blob with creeps like her about.

KLK Spoilers

Oh, here's some more Kill la Kill stuff we're expected to swallow as viewers without question, that this killer (?) from episode 8:

Is, as episode 12 details, Nui Harime, as shown in a flashback to the very same event:

http://abload.de/img/klk120is69.jpg

Now call me crazy, but the killer as depicted in episode 8 appears to be slinking away and running off and their visual profile is basically the same at Satsuki's. None of this matches with how Nui appears in episode 12.

I honestly didn't have any issues with this as I just figured it was some good ol' fashioned narrative manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom