• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamigami no Asobi Episode 1
tumblr_n3kgyon1o61qlu5jao1_500.jpg
tumblr_n3kgyon1o61qlu5jao2_500.jpg

Typical beginning episode of an otome adaptation but with the added bonus of an excellent action scene and Apollons awesome transformation, Had to rewatch for when he threw off the tie, popped the shirt open, pants flew off and spinning and everything, extremely incredible. I hope everyone else does the same thing.

Reason For is an excellent ed with them singing. Sure its not as much dancing and etc as 14:1 for BroCon or as catchy as Pieces of Treasure from Arcana Famiglia, but it has the best choices of scenes for the Gods in modern day and modern places in great poses.

Also liked the flowers coming up in everyones intro scene, best one.
BkeWKcPCMAATacL.png

Midonin

In their forum posts, CR has four more blank spots for today. I remember when they used to do three a day, but now they're listing off so many that it's kinda crazy.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Silver Spoon S2 and GBF are really the best winter had to offer, Space Dandy is worth a watch as well though it's not as consistent (not that it needs to be) as the former shows

Oh yeah noragami is good too

winter isn't as depressing as it seemed

Tenumi

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: 01

Well, this is certainly going to be a fun ride. Good to see that Joseph is as badass as ever even into old age.

Jex

[Nisekoi] - 13

If you weren't already aware, Chitoge is indeed the best girl and this episode features many scenes of her being best.

Jex

Nisekoi ep.13 (full episode this time)

You know what? To hell with it, I'm completely on Team Chitoge now.
No sense in going against the inevitable.

edit: here's the most glorious reaction face, finally in the anime in all its splendor.

Welcome to the path of the blessed.

Jarmel

Banned
Star Driver 23-
post-35708-James-Franco-So-Good-gif-Imgur-B2nw.gif

Anyway in hindsight, this was Sugata pretty much saying goodbye to everybody and resolving himself for what he has to do. The three on one fight was lacking a bit in the sakuga department but was still pretty decent.

Mushishi 23
Well it was pretty good end to this tale.
Decomposition being caused by mushi is one of the least strange events caused by mushi

One neat thing is
seeing the love polygon die in the first episode with the other 2 characters confessing to each other.
Hopefully this is a sign that this shoujo knows how to handle drama.
The majority of the drama will ultimately stem from issues about their height, but the show quickly and largely decides to overthrow most of the drama in favor of comedy. The other type of drama that stressed me out is how naive the main chick can be with certain issues that bother guys. Still over-all as far as romantic shojos go, it was a very enjoyable show since it's one of those where the two leads click so well.

Star Driver 23-

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-35708-James-Franco-So-Good-gif-Imgur-B2nw.gif[/IM]
Anyway in hindsight, this was Sugata pretty much saying goodbye to everybody and resolving himself for what he has to do. The three on one fight was lacking a bit in the sakuga department but was still pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

IT'S A PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

[quote="Yonafunu, post: 107031566"]So weirdos:
Best anime of last season (winter)?[/QUOTE]

I still argue that [B]Log Horizon[/B] kept up the quality considerably and had some of the best pacing in anime I've seen. The ending left you wanting more and we'll be getting more coming this fall.

I was considering watching that Kindaichi Shounen anime, but apparently this is a sequel to an anime that has like 150 episodes. So yeah guess I'll have to watch that first.

For now I'll give a chance to Seikoku no Dragonar, Mahouka (onii-sama), and Captain Earth. I feel Dragonar might be Infinite Stratos 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Madoka Rebellion

Homura did nothing wrong.

Joking aside, I liked the movie! Great both in visuals and music, with with well done action*, mystery, drama and character development, and some plot twists I couldn't guess. It weaves a complex web in the plot,
trying to tie three different realities. And more or less it does it successfully through several infodumps, for most of the story I thought the writer did a good job in it, though there is still a bit of handwaving at the most base level:
Why are there still Incubators, and why are they researching Madoka and the magical law? In the reality after the movies there isn't any energy to obtain. I don't think they could have gotten to their advanced status without that in first place.
And of course, how the hell Homura stole Madoka divine powers, of course. She just could./handwaves And she choosing being the devil and embodiment of evil felt a bit forced, to be honest. She really went all yandere.
Better not think hard on it, if you know what I mean. Once you start to question the metahphysical workings and past history in a fictional work...

For a moment I thought it would have a fully happy ending. Thank god Urubochi didn't disappoint. :p

*: the Equilibrium gun kata moment was a bit silly.

Midonin

Mahouka 01

Approaching a series (especially a light novel) that's been hyped up always feels like stepping into uncertain territory. From my reading of the first episode, I found it an interesting start. The exposition was delivered in a way that's not quite as loud as Dragonar - most of it was in that montage. Interesting state for this world. For me, Tatsuya having a lot of power isn't a problem as long as he doesn't break my suspension of disbelief and acts in a way that's not a mix of self-serving and violates others' personal space. So he passes.

Erika's the girl I like the most so far, but all of the classmates only got the minimum amount of personality established since there's a lot to set up. The world looks interesting, the magic system looks interesting and it has enough dangling mysteries that it'll be worth it to stick around for as many answers as a two-cour series can fit in.

phaze

Nisekoi 13

Raku's father is such a troll. All the reaction faces were a thing of beauty. Judging by the end, hard times for Onodera are coming. :(
(Though I welcome coming of a character that seemingly managed to reach adolescence without suffering catastrophic memory loss.)

Hmmm any reason not to go for Rurouni Kenshin and Escaflowne ? They seem like the two last "big classic" shows that I need to catch up on. The former especially seems like right up my alley at least as far as the setting goes.

Mature

Captain Earth - 1
s6Q2A7i.jpg

Oh, we're doin' this again
Wow, I laughed a lot, haha.

The show is exceedingly anime. I mean, there were a lot of boxes checked here. It got overwhelming eventually and I just started laughing.
When it suddenly cut to his dad in a space shuttle saying that he had to be the "impactor" and began yelling about being a captain and screaming, I just couldn't control it.
That was hysterical. The animation was good and pretty over the top at times which was expected, but still nice. I especially liked the entirely pointless
super fast gattai sequence.
I also quite enjoyed most of the music with the exception of this show's version of Monochrome.

All in all, thoroughly entertained. If not for the appropriate reasons.

Kamigami no Asobi Episode 1

Typical beginning episode of an otome adaptation but with the added bonus of an excellent action scene and Apollons awesome transformation, Had to rewatch for when he threw off the tie, popped the shirt open, pants flew off and spinning and everything, extremely incredible. I hope everyone else does the same thing.

Reason For is an excellent ed with them singing. Sure its not as much dancing and etc as 14:1 for BroCon or as catchy as Pieces of Treasure from Arcana Famiglia, but it has the best choices of scenes for the Gods in modern day and modern places in great poses.

Also liked the flowers coming up in everyones intro scene, best one.

I had this on while waiting for Mahouka and that transformation sequence was certainly amazing.

ka1gtsql.gif
ka238s6x.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom