• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nichijou (My Ordinary Life)

Finished the series not that long ago and just wanted to say that has to be one of my favoite shows yet. So random but so hilarious and joyful, not a single thing I didn't like about it, on the search now for shows like it. Another winner from what is becoming my favorite studio.

Zeppeli

Banned
And Onimonogatari gets an actual opening after all! Yay!
(no song, but oh well)
And the Yomiuri Shinbun stories will be made into booklets to be included with the Onimonogatari discs! Kanbaru will get her story (Suruga Palace)! Yotsugi and Ôgi should as well!
Exclamation points!

More of the best girl always helps.

Zeppeli

Banned
Nichijou (My Ordinary Life)

Finished the series not that long ago and just wanted to say that has to be one of my favoite shows yet. So random but so hilarious and joyful, not a single thing I didn't like about it, on the search now for shows like it. Another winner from what is becoming my favorite studio.

Nichibros (The Daily Lives of High School Boys) is at least as good as Nichijou. Terrific show.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nichibros (The Daily Lives of High School Boys) is at least as good as Nichijou. Terrific show.

This.

Well, I wouldn't personally say it's just as good as Nichijou, but as far as sketch comedy style SOL shows go, it's second only to Nichijou in my book. Watch it!

cnet128

Banned
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 11

Something something dark dragon something.

I think the most impressive thing about this episode is that
Yuuta realised how Shichimiya felt about him without needing to be explicitly told. Take that, oblivious protagonists of the world!

Midonin

Any show featured in ANN's Anime Spotlight (even if I'm not enthused about ANN themselves most of the time) is almost certain for simulcasting. So far, that's No Game No Life, Kawaisou and Dragonar Academy.

CorvoSol

More of the best girl always helps.

Sucka plz.

Everybody knows who the Best Girl in Monogatari is:

gQOpvJ7.jpg

Screen can't even hold all dat woman.

Phi brain S3 - 24

The character develloppement ratsel needed but didn't know.
Phi%20Brain%20S3%20-%2024.jpg

Because angsty kaito is not a good kaito.

That was a pretty good episode , even if i was annoyed that ratsel choose to fall back instead of changing things. And it started perfectly too , problem with that fake scenario , if kaito met ratsel & jin earlier , we wouldn't be able to meet rook and that's a bummer so this needed more work.
If anything this episode proved that Ana is the best mediator ever ... how many times did he put characters back in the right path ? When confused , just ask Ana! This feat was even more impressive since this was done without any fuwawan.

So this episode was a little disapointing , but still good . I want a glorious happy ending for the last episode and a season 4 ! Give me a season 4

Zeppeli

Banned
What are your top 3 all time openings, AnimeGAF?

For me;

1. Sorairo Days - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  2. Ai Ai Ai ni Utarete Bye Bye Bye - Samurai Flamenco OP2
  3. Hyadain no Joujou Yuujou - Nichijou OP2

CorvoSol

Well, at least you didn't say Hanekawa.

For best girl, Hachikuji is also an acceptable answer.

Hanekawa wishes she could be Mrs. Araragi. But I'm not into lolis so Shinobu and Hachikuji and Zombie girl can go sit in a corner.

Also has 3 teenage kids. A marvel of genetics and effort

Mrs. Araragi also has a career. Woman has a job, 3 teens, and is so good looking the camera cannot contain her final form.

Hidamari Radio thing plus making of stuff
I don't know a thing of Japanese so I was mostly skipping over a lot of this to hear adorable Asumin being adorable. I don't know what to make of the actual radio show but I can assume it's about Asumin bullying the shit out of the Hidamari dolls who are voiced by their respective seiyuu. Also some fucker who was speaking English, I don't know who that is! Some seiyuu treats:
ibydn84f97Ddys.jpg
ina50aZWqmYJ4.jpg

Kaori Mizuhashi being way more fabulous than I was expecting and Omigawa for you Omigawa nerds
Ume-sensei!!!!
And also this happened:
ibr8C09ZpQMJvZ.gif

Zeppeli

Banned
Hanekawa wishes she could be Mrs. Araragi. But I'm not into lolis so Shinobu and Hachikuji and Zombie girl can go sit in a corner.

Mrs. Araragi also has a career. Woman has a job, 3 teens, and is so good looking the camera cannot contain her final form.

Oh, believe me, I'm not a loli guy at all. Hachikuji is just a genuinely high quality character.

Nordicus

If she merely took that grey jacket off, the camera would overheat and get busted because there's no compressing that amount of woman

CorvoSol

If she merely took that grey jacket off, the camera would overheat and get busted because there's no compressing that amount of woman

That jacket is like sunglasses, you see. Without them your eyes would burn while gazing into the sun in all its majesty.

Mrs. Araragi is a classy woman who is not half as tacky as that tramp Ragyo, so she keeps her fabulous radiance under wraps.

For me;

A top 3 ? i don't even know where to start ... there are just so many great songs even in the mainstream anime like bleach and naruto or onepiece had very well directed openings

For me;

I'll bite:

1. Ai wo Torimodose - Fist of the North Star
2. Anime ja nai - Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
3. H.T - Trigun

Gazoinks

For me;

Off the top of my head:
-Guns & Roses - Baccano
-Red Fraction - Black Lagoon
-Tank! - Cowboy The Bebop

The latter is the most predictable answer possible, I realize, but it's a good opening. :p

K-On! 07

It's like Christmas!

No wait... It actually is Christmas! Good food, friends, gift exchange, party tricks and Miss Yamanaka crashing the party. Good times. Also got the obligatory New Year's shrine visit in this episode.

For me;

I'm going to do a top 5 because fuck you who does top 3.

1. Tank! - Cowboy Bebop. There's like no discussion. Best ever. Opinion is fact.
2. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
3. Guren No Yumiya- Attack on Titan.
4. Jiyuu No Tsubasa - Attack on Titan
5. Guns and Roses- Baccano

Honorable mention: DATABASE DATABASE LIVING IN THE DATABASE and I AM A TERRORIST STRAIGHT OUTTA HELL

As you can see no j-pop or idol songs. When anime decides to go with jazz, hip hop or rock/metal I praise them for it. If we do ED's I think those who read my comments over Un-GO would know my choice. Though Real Folks Blues would be debated for the #1 spot

jgminto

For me;

The second Samumenco OP is one of the laziest I've seen, they probably should have stayed with the placeholder one instead of wasting resources on that. Song is good though.

My top 3 would probably be:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Death Note 2nd Opening
3. Baccano

Both Jojo's openings are also awesome and they'd probably be after that.

Midonin

Top three openings. Not easy, but if I had to narrow it down.

1. The Sun Says "Burn Chaos"/Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos - Nyarko S1 OP
2. Robot Girls Z - Robot Girls Z
3. Flower of Hell/Naraku no Hana - Higurashi Kai

Barring the last one, it's denpa songs all the way.

Zeppeli

Banned
The second Samumenco OP is one of the laziest I've seen, they probably should have stayed with the placeholder one instead of wasting resources on that. Song is good though.

1. Cowboy Bebop
3. Baccano

Yeah, the song sold me for Samumenco's 2/3rd OPs

1. Cowboy Bebop
3. Baccano

Apparently we have been destined to become best friends. Or lovers.

One of the best anime shows of last year.

Definitely worth a watch.

It's not nice to tell lies.

I agree. SNAFU was pretty great. I loved the back and forth of the two main characters. A lot of the jokes were really well done. Totally an underapreciated RomCom. Even the drama was pretty well done.

Honestly, with me just getting around to Toradora, the two shows are pretty similar. Different premises but they both essentially follow the same cues.

=====================
Only a top 3 anime OP's of all time? What monster would limit it to only three?

Yonafunu

Just saw the PV for Black Bullet. Shit looks bad man. They should've gone for the manga's style instead of the generic crap from the PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom