• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

jmoiBiYR58V0P.jpg

Are you making fun of my ears? Eh?!?!

I would never.

Gbraga

GochiUsa/Is the order a rabbit?. It's another Manga Time Kirara series, so quality and cuteness is assured.

This looks promising. Definitely on my to watch list.

Doesn't seem like this season will deliver on the cuteness compared to the last two though. I need a new Non Non Biyori in my heart.

I hope they compensate with stupidity, but it'll be hard to top Kill la Kill and Samumenco.

cajunator

Banned
This looks promising. Definitely on my to watch list.

Doesn't seem like this season will deliver on the cuteness compared to the last two though. I need a new Non Non Biyori in my heart.

I hope they compensate with stupidity, but it'll be hard to top Kill la Kill and Samumenco.

It appears to contain enough cute to sustain me for a bit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Pilot's Love Song 11

While I still think the metaplot is pretty stupid, I'm glad that the initial stage seems to be officially over and they seem to be just moving on. Certainly it has the feeling of finality.

And, in terms of just doing interesting things to the redshirts in a way that makes it more memorable than Attack on Titan, you have this happen:
Spoilery image: http://i.imgur.com/wiQurTYl.jpg
Yes, his hand got blown off.

If the main characters, by necessity, have to have plot armor then I guess this is the most fair compromise that an author can come up with.

The dogfights are what they are, but I have to hope that they start being able to use real planes soon because having a dude shoot out the back with a rifle WW1 style is pretty boring to watch.

From the New World 15

The show is best when there's tension and when the crap hits the fan. The episode was alright. The only thing that was exciting in this episode is the cliffhanger ending. I could care less about Monster Rats and their colonies.

That is exactly how I felt about the show, the rats and the other colonies, they try to push them onto you as being innocent and lower than human beings but in the end I just didn't care about them. It's like the show is hinting, saying "hey, are you interested in why the animals are being treated this way? If so then....."

K-On! 04

The age old argument. Maid cafe or haunted house at the school festival.

Training camp at Mugis summer house! Too bad it's more fun to goof off than it is to practice. Lots of choking, both of guitar strings and people in this episode. And a little emotional bit too when Yui plays in front of the fireworks.

BluWacky

That is exactly how I felt about the show, the rats and the other colonies, they try to push them onto you as being innocent and lower than human beings but in the end I just didn't care about them. It's like the show is hinting, saying "hey, are you interested in why the animals are being treated this way? If so then....."

I think this is exactly the opposite of what the series is trying to do.

Don't read these spoilers PshycoNinja, or anyone who has not seen the whole series!

The Monstrats are hardly innocent, or lower than human beings. Aside from the fact that they're all that's left genetically of humanity, part of the point of the series - and indeed, Squealer's ideology - is that the Monstrats are just as sophisticated and cunning as those who possess Jyuryoku.

If you don't find them interesting that's one thing - I can't set out to change your opinion, or PshycoNinja's. I can, however, very strongly disagree with you both :p

Midonin

Seitokai Yakuindomo* 11

Santa Shino was cute, and her idea about explaining why she's Santa is filled with intrigue and the potential for many more puns. This season's had so much Uomi, and for that, I'm glad. Chiwa Saito's a star in whatever she does, and her interactions with Shino are fun to watch, even if Aria remains my favorite.

cajunator

Banned
K-On! 04

Training camp at Mugis summer house! Too bad it's more fun to goof off than it is to practice. Lots of choking, both of guitar strings and people in this episode. And a little emotional bit too when Yui plays in front of the fireworks.

Haunted maid cafe = win

There's neither Akarin nor Haruka so what you have to gain from it?!

We should all be so lucky.

Are you sure you dont have animal ears Zachy?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looks like a terrible season except for JoJo and some other stuff.

I can't believe I'm going to be able to watch the Blade & Soul anime before playing the game.

I think this is exactly the opposite of what the series is trying to do.

Don't read these spoilers PshycoNinja, or anyone who has not seen

If you don't find them interesting that's one thing - I can't set out to change your opinion, or PshycoNinja's. I can, however, very strongly disagree with you both :p

That's fine. I wish I liked it as much as you do. I never set out on a show/movie/game wanting to not like it. What's the joy or fun it that? But I also like deductive reasoning and logic. I don't mind taking leaps of faith but when things start to get really weird or contradict itself I feel the thing I am watching/playing is wasting my time.

Now, From the New World has set it's rules and has followed them pretty closely. So it gets points for that. That doesn't mean however I will just sit here and accept just any character crap they try to sling at me. Character relationships are vapid at this point. They don't matter to these characters except maybe Saki. And Saki is basically in love with everyone, so whatever.

So I hope there's something soon that can change my view on the show. So far though characters are shallow and the plot keeps running in circles. You can say "well that's how it's supposed to be", because if it is then that's a terrible thing to do to your story to create shallow characters with a plot that spins it's wheels. It's like how people try to argue that Lightning not having a personality in Lightning Returns is a necessary and needed thing and it makes the game better. It doesn't.

From the New World has been sitting in my queue for a long time because I was interested in it. It took that contract with Branduil for me to pull the trigger. I hope it can pull it off in the end.

CorvoSol

K-On! 04

Oh no MikeHattsu is watching the child prons oh no my conspicuous moral outrage.

Gazoinks

Oh new thread hello there.

Watching:
Tonari no Seki-kun
Log Horizon
Kill La Kill
Samurai Flamenco
Pupipo

Want to catch up on but will probably just watch Jojo:
Noragami
Space Dandy
Zvezda

Dropped:
Nobunagun
Pupa
Wizard Barristers

Season of backlog! Next season I'm in for Jojo, Mushishi, and Ping Pong. If those deliver I'll be happy.

Definitely watching:
JoJo
Soul Eater Not
Brynhildr

Probably watching
Puchimas
Fairy Tail
Black Bullet
Date a Live 2
Mangaka-san

Curious
Dragonar
DB Kai
Mekaku City Actors
Mahouka
Akuma no Riddle
No Game No Life

Average season.

Midonin

I posted my list last OT. There's more I'm watching than not, but that goes for most seasons.

Tokyo Ravens 23

So that's Kyoko's power.
Star reading and the ability to see that Natsume is waiting out there in some other universe. How they're going to get there, I don't know, but it sounds exciting.
Lots of battles going on this week, but the part that was the most fun to watch was likely the espionage sequence. And of course. Kon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom