• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I'm sure if I did I wouldn't love them so much!

*squeezes Zachy

I mean, you could always buy one of those sets of brainwave-controlled cat ears (whatever they're called) and try them out for a bit.

Im considering those but they are expensive for something I dont really know what to do with lol.

So, AnimeGAF - who were your most and least favourite characters for Winter?

Favourite:
This was a bit tougher than the others, but I'd have to say that Masayoshi from Samumenco tops this season for me.

Least favourite:
BENIO BENIO BENIO BENIO BENIO BENIO

My favorites are Mashiro, Koko, Kate, Renge from NNB, Kon, Uka, Yuu, Onodera...son of a bitch Im supposed to narrow this down

My least favorite is Banri. Fuck Banri.

I prefer the opposite combination - a house that is haunted by maids.

I'm picturing couples wandering nervously through pitch-black corridors, only for adorable maids to pop out when they least expect it and give them cake.

You are a goddamned genius

As for my favourite characters this season, well, seeing as I only watched like, two shows, I'm going to have to pick between the two so....

Favourites:
KLK: Satsuki.

Samurai Flamenco: Hazama.

Least Favourites:

KLK: Nui.

Samurai Flamenco: Would have been Mari had it not been for (EPISODE 20 SPOILERS)
what's his name silver haired kid who keeps screwing up Hazama's life. I know that kid's his imagination or...something but still.

CorvoSol

zIwKSPr.gif

DO YOU LOOK AT YOUR MOTHER WITH THE SAME EYES YOU USE TO VIEW THAT THINLY VEILED PEDOPHILIA?

Articalys

Engaged to the Unidentified: A lesson in how one bad character can ruin an entire otherwise likable show.
See, that's what I almost thought before, but the rest of the cast is so damn strong that it balances out to still being great.

The Ryuko thing feels like less a problem with the character and more a problem with the show's writing overall.

CorvoSol

I have to watch 3 Tutu episodes today to get caught up.

And I'm rapidly losing interest in the show. I was promised ninjas and shit and it's been nothing but girls crying over a horrible wet napkin of a boy for 15 episodes.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Best Winter '14 character: Hime

Worst: Ryuko, Benio, everyone in Wizard Barristers

Engaged to the Unidentified: A lesson in how one bad character can ruin an entire otherwise likable show.

Two. Let's not forget just how annoying Mashiro is just because she's eclipsed several times over by Benio.

Zeppeli

Banned
Best Winter '14 character: Hime

Worst: Ryuko, Benio, everyone in Wizard Barristers

Two. Let's not forget just how annoying Mashiro is just because she's eclipsed several times over by Benio.

Aw hell naw you leave Mashiro out of this

I have to watch 3 Tutu episodes today to get caught up.

And I'm rapidly losing interest in the show. I was promised ninjas and shit and it's been nothing but girls crying over a horrible wet napkin of a boy for 15 episodes.

If you want, I can just watch one episode to lower the load for you.

jbug617

Banned
So, AnimeGAF - who were your most and least favourite characters for Winter?

Favourite:
This was a bit tougher than the others, but I'd have to say that Masayoshi from Samumenco tops this season for me.

Least favourite:
BENIO BENIO BENIO BENIO BENIO BENIO

Favorite: Hachiken (Silver Spoon S2)
Benio, Kobeni, Hakuya and Mashiro (Engaged to Unindetified)
Takao and Funabori (D-Frag)

Least Favorite: Niko (Engaged to Unidentified)

Jex

From the New World 15

I don't trust this Monster Rat. Not one bit.

This is not a concept of love that I like. Yo! I love you and all but I have another person that I make out with just cause. It's a dumb concept to me. This show is best when it doesn't focus on it's relationships between characters.

The show is best when there's tension and when the crap hits the fan. The episode was alright. The only thing that was exciting in this episode is the cliffhanger ending. I could care less about Monster Rats and their colonies.
You might be watching the wrong series, you ratist.

Toradorable 12

I feel so bad for Taiga. Minorin was right and now Ryuji looks like a jerk. Now Ryuji has to do something about Minorin now.

No parrot this episode so that's a win. The cultural festival was great. But yeah that ending made me really sad for Taiga.

This has been the most likable I have seen Taiga. :(

Zeppeli

Banned
Toradorable 12

I feel so bad for Taiga. Minorin was right and now Ryuji looks like a jerk. Now Ryuji has to do something about Minorin now.

No parrot this episode so that's a win. The cultural festival was great. But yeah that ending made me really sad for Taiga.

Taiga gets much better.

I am not sure where to ask this, but is Crunchyroll worth it? Is the quality good? Are there lots of shows? Does it offer recommendations based on what you've watched?

I want to get into some anime series, but I don't really like using those free streaming sites to watch them.

You might be watching the wrong series, you ratist.

Gasp! How could you make a comment like that about me. I am no rati-- okay maybe I am... just a little bit.

The show has so many other concepts that are so much more promising and exciting. Maybe they will be explored later but I keep finding myself saying that every other episode.

There's only a few ways this show can end or start to pick up where I would get super excited for it again. We will see how that pans out.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
After Story wishes it could be Hidamari Sketch.

That's a bit of a...stretch. YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I once watched an anime.

I bet it was in the 90's wasn't it? Does anime now not even compare to your one data point?

My plan is coming to fruition!! Mwahahahaha!

I mean.... oh stop you. ^_^

But seriously how amazing is Clannad After Story?

Shit's good. Shit's really good.
I'm actually holding out some slim hope they'll some how make a OVA where they squeeze in Kappei Hiiragi's story/arc but that's just cause I want more KyoAni Clannad in my life :<

If you haven't seen Mushishi, you're the one missing out on the best anime ever made.

Finished it in the last thread. It's pretty damn good.

I am gonna watch some Toradora now. I need some comedy and practicality.

Oh boy here we go.

Poor Inko-chan doesn't deserve this :(

In-In-In-indubitably

Hey, so is Pupa any good?

Eh. It's a bit of a mess. It looks decent and is definitely one of the creepier things I've ever watched. It's gory and graphic as all hell, but story is a total mess. Pupipo! does the story-driven short-episode format sooooo much better.

Toradorable 12

Your body is not going to be ready for the end, I can feel it.

Jex

I get what you guys are saying and how "it is supposed to be like that".

But I personally don't like how it's handled and no amount of excuses the show throws out can make up for it. I get others here on AnimeGAF may enjoy the lame excuse they use but I don't. The show is at it's best when it doesn't focus on it or tries to defend it. But insists on doing so every so often. Honestly I am quite puzzled some on here would defend it so much given how when other series give a lame excuse for why they do their own love thing people bash it.

You raised a query with one of the core tenants of the world of the series, namely the question of human relationships, and then people explained why relationships worked this way in the series. You then proceeded to call it a 'lame excuse' but I don't understand this part of your argument - it's not an 'excuse' - it's literally part of the story. I'm not sure what you inherently have a problem with?

Princess Tutu 17

This guy. This fucking guy.

He's so powerful he made Mytho go :DTL for him. He's just... too strong
He even resisted the sacrificial ritual performed by Kraehe

This fucking guy

Articalys

The fact that you keep posting S&W screencaps is just torturing me more that we're never getting another season.

At least Yen Press is definitely going to complete the novel series.

You raised a query with one of the core tenants of the world of the series, namely the question of human relationships, and then people explained why relationships worked this way in the series. You then proceeded to call it a 'lame excuse' but I don't understand this part of your argument - it's not an 'excuse' - it's literally part of the story. I'm not sure what you inherently have a problem with?

Just because it's a part of the story that doesn't mean it automatically makes it good. It's flimsy. I don't like it. Sooner we can get over that the sooner we can discuss what the show and story are doing better as of late. (The concept of this society, how
the powers corrupt
, the animation which has gotten soooo much better and the ever growing threat of
Saki losing more of her friends
)

Zeppeli

Banned
The fact that you keep posting S&W screencaps is just torturing me more that we're never getting another season.

At least Yen Press is definitely going to complete the novel series.
I'm never watching Spice and Wolf because everyone makes it out to sound like knowing how good the first season is with no proper conclusion is depressing as hell

Branduil

I am not sure where to ask this, but is Crunchyroll worth it? Is the quality good? Are there lots of shows? Does it offer recommendations based on what you've watched?

I want to get into some anime series, but I don't really like using those free streaming sites to watch them.

All of Crunchyroll is free in low-res video for all episodes older than a week. You can easily see how many shows they have just by perusing their catalog.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Perhaps he means that having the story be that way is just a lame excuse to show everyone making out, i.e. like when a story tries to justify flashing boobs in your face by coming up with some sort of in universe reason for it, but it just comes off as the pitiful excuse it is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ITT: PsychoNinja encounters his first story about a truly alien society without convenient modern analogues and he can't handle it.

Vecks

D-Frag 11

All out war. I didn't really like this part in the manga, but the anime makes it a lot more fun. I think it's great that the minor characters keep coming back, even for such tiny moments.

Branduil

Anime series with satisfying endings:

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi

Gazoinks

Pupipo 10-13

Az forever best ladybro.

I like this whole arc, some nice imagery with the falling light and the walking castle. I just have a weakness for walking castles. :p

They're running out of time for the big reveal though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom